Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Healthy food and packaged foods
Buying un-healthy food is always a choice.

Everyone should think about the length of the Great Depression.  I don't care whether you've got food with preservatives in it or not ... your stash won't hold out.

We've all been tricked into believing corporate food is safe to eat.  Been that way since at least Mickey-D's. Should fire everyone at the FDA and cancel all their pensions to boot.
(07-26-2022, 03:01 PM)Snarl Wrote: Buying un-healthy food is always a choice.

Everyone should think about the length of the Great Depression.  I don't care whether you've got food with preservatives in it or not ... your stash won't hold out.

We've all been tricked into believing corporate food is safe to eat.  Been that way since at least Mickey-D's. Should fire everyone at the FDA and cancel all their pensions to boot.

We have to take responsibility for where we are. Mickey-D's and none of those other corporations would be in business, if we didn't buy the garbage they sell.

My Brother and I were talking about how stupid we were as children.

We used to be ashamed of the sandwiches our Mother used to make us to take to school, because the other children had "Wonder Bread", and our sandwiches were on homemade bread.

We would save our pennies to buy the Hostess store bought cakes, when our Mother would make us delicious home baked cakes and homemade candies.

It had nothing to do with how they tasted, it had to do with having what someone else had. 

We were stupid. The conditioning was already well under way.

So the fault is ours. Not some government controlled organization that is nothing more than a smokescreen.

It is strictly about the money. If you are willing to pay them for the poisonous slop, then they will sell it to you. 

That is completely on us.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(07-26-2022, 03:27 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

it had to do with having what someone else had. 

So the fault is ours.

Won't get any argument out of me.
(07-26-2022, 04:30 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(07-26-2022, 03:27 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

it had to do with having what someone else had. 

So the fault is ours.

Won't get any argument out of me.

It is often said the greatest feat the devil has ever done, was to convince the masses that he does not exist.

I think the greatest feat ever accomplished, was to convince the masses that they are helpless, and they can't function without this system of enslavement.

This belief that it is the government's job to feed you, clothe you, and house you, is why many people have not, and will never know, their full measure.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Have you seen some of the crap they ate during the Depression? There are stacks and stacks of YouTube videos about it lately. Since both my parents grew up in the Depression, and dad especially was adamant about teaching us how to survive and get by on what you can scrounge, I've eaten a lot of it too. It's mostly just "poor folks food", with a highly inventive twist - Mock Apple Pie, for example, was invented during the depression, because folks wanted apple pie and couldn't get the apples, so they made due with what they COULD get. Not an apple in the while thing, just a bunch of crackers and apple pie spices.

"Unhealthy food" is rising in price just like the rest of it, so it'll soon be time to get inventive again. Unhealthy or not, folks gotta eat, and they get shootin' cranky if they can't... which is probably one of the reasons The Overlords are trying to normalize crime and make it fashionable, so that more folks will have an easier time psychologically in flocking to shooting one another when they cut off the food supply.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(07-26-2022, 07:29 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(07-26-2022, 03:01 PM)Snarl Wrote: Everyone should think about the length of the Great Depression.

Have you seen some of the crap they ate during the Depression? There are stacks and stacks of YouTube videos about it lately.

Interesting that, isn't it. I did see those in my feed a while back. Not so much anymore.

(07-26-2022, 07:29 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Unhealthy or not, folks gotta eat, and they get shootin' cranky if they can't... which is probably one of the reasons The Overlords are trying to normalize crime and make it fashionable, so that more folks will have an easier time psychologically in flocking to shooting one another when they cut off the food supply.

9 meals is all it takes.

Though it's doubtful me and mine are gonna go hungry ... God help the lad who trespasses. Neighbors all feel about the same.

Most everybody's got a Midland walkie-talkie tuned-in to the same channel now too.  That's pretty serious prepping if you ask me.