Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Elon Musk backs out of Twitter deal
Elon Musk says he is backing out of deal to buy Twitter (nbcnews.com)

I'm not exactly surprised at this. I feel that Musk has had cold feet for a few weeks now. He is spot on regarding the number of 'bot accounts on Twitter. I never believed Twitter only had 5% of their accounts as 'bots. I think it's closer to maybe 15-20%. I think Twitter was trying to punk him on this.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
There was never any doubt.
I supposed of you pay $44 Billion for something, you'll want a good look under the hood. 

I guess it turns out Twitter is snake oil not worth the money.

What's the saying, Twitter is only important on Twitter.... or something like that.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11614]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11615]

Checkmate.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

I'm mixed on him, but there is no doubt he's smarter than most and playing the hell out of everyone.

He's making money hand over fist on this deal. Bought stock then days latter announced buying it, ramped the price up, sold at the peak and then announced the backout while having a legit reason to do so, their lack of transparency.

He pumped and dumped and then is going to pump and dump them(forcing them to basically out themselves) all over again.

He'll pick it up in the end, for about a third of the price after making a few billion without doing much more than tweeting and paying about a million in lawyers fees.
Elon "Ill give you 44b"

Twit "cool, send the cash"

Elon "What's the bot percent, I think it's like 60"

Twit "No way, it's maybe like 5"

Elon "Okay, show me the papers"

Twin "no"

Elon "deals off"

Twit "I'm going to sue you"

Elon "go ahead, you'll have to show the papers then"

Twit "game on. Heres the papers, it's no where near 60, it's more like 40"

SEC enters the chat......

Elon "LOL, I'll give you 1B"

Twit ".......Fuck....."
(07-08-2022, 11:12 PM)ChiefD Wrote: Elon Musk says he is backing out of deal to buy Twitter (nbcnews.com)

I'm not exactly surprised at this. I feel that Musk has had cold feet for a few weeks now. He is spot on regarding the number of 'bot accounts on Twitter. I never believed Twitter only had 5% of their accounts as 'bots. I think it's closer to maybe 15-20%. I think Twitter was trying to punk him on this.

I don't trust either of them.

I don't know who is punking who. But I never thought Twitter was worth the original offer price. 

I don't do Twitter, never understood why people even use it. It seemed more of a place where people went to drop snarky comments, memes, and act like juvenile delinquents.

Just my opinion.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(07-11-2022, 02:00 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(07-08-2022, 11:12 PM)ChiefD Wrote: Elon Musk says he is backing out of deal to buy Twitter (nbcnews.com)

I don't trust either of them.

I don't know who is punking who. But I never thought Twitter was worth the original offer price. 

I don't do Twitter, never understood why people even use it. It seemed more of a place where people went to drop snarky comments, memes, and act like juvenile delinquents.

Just my opinion.

I respect your opinion, but aside from all the larps, memes, hate, bots to troll farms, disinfo of every kind, left/right paradigm & PsyWar propaganda up the butt, there is many very astute people on it from every subject/topic under the sun as well as people just like you. However, given all the 'noise' on the Interwebs I can understand why should I subject myself to even more noise and finding the likeminded niche group is a chore. I'm a nomad, a wanderer on Twitter and don't really follow anyone. I use it like you use Google search engine to find stuff and specific people.

As to Elon he's a tough nut to crack but one of his earlier avatars says it all. His favorite game.

[Image: pSTpG5a.jpg]

[Image: CIh1uZp.jpg]

[Image: vWztF6E.jpg]

[Image: d0fQRRL.jpg]

[Image: VJfMexh.jpg]
Meaning of the 'rose'?
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

(07-12-2022, 12:11 AM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: I respect your opinion, but aside from all the larps, memes, hate, bots to troll farms, disinfo of every kind, left/right paradigm & PsyWar propaganda up the butt, there is many very astute people on it from every subject/topic under the sun as well as people just like you. However, given all the 'noise' on the Interwebs I can understand why should I subject myself to even more noise and finding the likeminded niche group is a chore. I'm a nomad, a wanderer on Twitter and don't really follow anyone. I use it like you use Google search engine to find stuff and specific people.

As to Elon he's a tough nut to crack but one of his earlier avatars says it all. His favorite game.

It is not just Twitter. I have no interest in any of the social media platforms. The only place I post now a days is here on RN. I Lurk on ATS, and I support a couple of channels, people I know personally, and like, on YouTube and Patreon, but I really can't deal with the rudeness, the hate, the nasty, and hateful comments, that has become common place on the sites.

A friend shared a post with me from FaceBook, just the other day. It was a beautiful post thanking a young man that helped her out when he didn't have to. While most people had appropriate, encouraging, and nice things to say about the young man, there were several very nasty unnecessary comments made, mocking her for sharing his kindness, and mocking him for being neighborly and kind. Kindness and respect, has been replaced with nasty, rude, and hostile behaviors, and attitudes. This now the new "cool".

I just don't want, or need that kind of negativity in my life. I have seen posted, enough negative, hateful, and deceptive comments and material on Twitter, than I want to be a part of.

I am not saying all people that visit or participate in Twitter are contributors to the vitriol and dross, too often posted to Twitter. Some visit even though they too don't like much of what is posted there, but they are able to find what they are looking for, and some enjoy what they find on Twitter and the other social media sites.

I understand that, I have no problems with it, and I do not mean to offend anyone. It just has gotten old for me, and I try to avoid it if I can.

I guess that is what happens when you reach my age. But I haven't reached the point where I am chasing the kids off my grass yet. Okay, I dont get kids on my grass, but I get enough of my neighbors, cows, horses, and and donkeys roaming about, way too often. minusculebiggrin

• minusculebeercheers 

@"EndtheMadnessNow" 

Thanks for your comment. I read through the whole thing. It was very informative. I like learning new things, having my horizons expanded as it were. I have heard of Deus ex machina, but had no idea what it was until now. Elon Musk is an enigma. I find him very interesting and charismatic, but I wouldn't play poker against him. I don't trust many people with the kind of money he has. And being the contrary person I am, if he tells me to take the red pill, I will turn up my nose and take the blue pill. 

As far as Twitter, I do have an account that I haven't been to in months. I get times when I'll tweet a whole bunch for a few days, then stay off for months. Facebook is more interesting for me, and that's where I talk to my friends and family. It took me 10 years to amass about 540 friends on there. As an introvert and empath, social media sites are so much better for me to talk to others than face to face. I get overwhelmed with too much face to face and crowds of people. And once I get sick of the nasty comments and trolls, I can log off. Can't do that face to face. 

Having said that, I used to be on Facebook every day. Now I'm on there maybe once a week, sometimes less often. Social media has become rather toxic, and I don't see that getting any better. 

My favorite social media site, by far, is Rogue Nation. I feel at home here despite being that weird liberal neighbor in the 'hood here. :)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
(07-12-2022, 08:41 PM)ChiefD Wrote: ...My favorite social media site, by far, is Rogue Nation. I feel at home here despite being that weird liberal neighbor in the 'hood here. :)

It's the 'weird'-part that Rogue Nation caters for!
tinylaughing minusculethumbsup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(07-12-2022, 08:41 PM)ChiefD Wrote: My favorite social media site, by far, is Rogue Nation. I feel at home here despite being that weird liberal neighbor in the 'hood here. :)

Are there any normal folk in this hood?

I don't think so. tinycool

• minusculebeercheers 

(07-12-2022, 08:41 PM)ChiefD Wrote: I feel at home here despite being that weird liberal neighbor in the 'hood here. :)

Love thy neighbor ...

Remember Chief, it's really us peons -vs- the elites.  They're the ones who named sides ... to divide us.  When we stop choosing sides we start to see how badly we're being played.

Better hope we take them all out before they start (might already be too late) rolling Terminators off the production lines.
And it looks like the beef goes on.

Quote:Elon Musk countersues Twitter over merger, but details aren’t yet public

• Elon Musk countersued Twitter on Friday, intensifying the conflict between the social networking company and centi-billionaire but keeping details hidden from the public.
  • Musk agreed to buy Twitter for about $44 billion, but then sought to terminate the deal.
  • Twitter sued Musk for reneging on the merger agreement. The central arguments of Musk’s countersuit are yet to be disclosed.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/29/elon-mus...ntial.html

• minusculebeercheers 

[Image: ZKr58HM.jpg]

Says the meme lord...

[Image: 8gIyfdo.jpg]

Says the atheist...

[Image: zNoCFRW.jpg]

[Image: wfwNDto.jpg]
The movement behind the rose emoji

Obviously, the red rose has many, many symbolic meanings (spiritual, love, passion, sacrifice, political, esoteric) but thought an interesting correlation in this instance. Depends on who or what group, committee, entity, religion (used by the Rosicrucian Order & Western esoteric traditions as one example), femininity, in dreams, cults, secret societies, is using it and for what purpose. What is Elon's purpose? I do not yet know. The rose is like steganography...hidden in plain sight and only those in the club know the true meaning.

The Latin expression "sub rosa" (literally, "under the rose") means something told in secret, and in ancient Rome, a wild rose was placed on the door to a room where confidential matters were being discussed.
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

(08-01-2022, 09:24 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: Obviously, the red rose has many, many symbolic meanings (spiritual, love, passion, sacrifice, political, esoteric) but thought an interesting correlation in this instance. Depends on who or what group, committee, entity, religion (used by the Rosicrucian Order & Western esoteric traditions as one example), femininity, in dreams, cults, secret societies, is using it and for what purpose. What is Elon's purpose? I do not yet know. The rose is like steganography...hidden in plain sight and only those in the club know the true meaning.

The Latin expression "sub rosa" (literally, "under the rose") means something told in secret, and in ancient Rome, a wild rose was placed on the door to a room where confidential matters were being discussed.

I am with you on this one. The rose has a long and mixed history as a symbol. Its true meaning has not been shared with me.

I too am not sure of how Elon fits into the game plan, but something is off about him. Something much more than Asperger's.

• minusculebeercheers