Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My husband is a Saint I tell ya!
Howdy Rogues! I know I haven't been posting lately but sometimes when the weather is soooo nice I just have to be out in it!

The patio container garden is rocking and rolling, soon to enjoy some first fruits. I've been rigging some lightweight homemade trellises for some of my climbers. Late planted stuff has healthy sprouts. Been re-arranging a lot to figure out how I can maximize sunlight (covered patio). Have a small rolling cart with 4 shelves coming today for some smaller planters to make some room for sunlight to get through. Utilizing hanging baskets as well.

Succulent/bamboo garden in kitchen and living room are doing okay. I'm not the greatest with succulents and cacti but I'm getting a little better at it (I've kept some alive for a few years now, knock on wood!). Yesterday hubs helped me plant some "living stones" or Lithops. Planted a few babies and some seeds. Needed hubs to use phone as magnifying glass and hold it for me because the seeds are tiny as grains of sand! Oh yeah- I was finally able to find a rubber tree plant without having to order it in after 8 years- longest I've ever been without one.

If being my magnifying glass didn't already qualify him for at least a trophy then this should get him Sainthood: I don't have enough room on the patio for an herb garden. I have a few herbs planted in with my veggies but I wanted a larger variety. But where to put them? No windows in dining or bathroom, kitchen and living room already full. But there is a bedroom window! So now I have a hanging herb garden in my bedroom window and 2 small planters in the window sill. I asked Kdog to put me up a couple of long screws and I hung an old shower curtain rod across them. I put a large macrame hanger in the middle and have 4 smaller Dollar Tree rope hangers, 2 on each side. Planters in the sill from Dollar Tree as well. 

So Mr. Kdog has given up his kitchen, living room, patio and now even his bedroom to my love of growing things. I don't know how he puts up with it all so have decided he has to be a Saint!

To top it off he even took me camping for a few days (just got back yesterday). He got a new foraging guide so we took a little walk in the forest and spied out edibles. Also I came home with an interesting stick for a project idea. Walking in the woods is always inspirational!

So @"Kdog" you are a Saint and the King of Kdog's Castle!

[Image: sK6kPla.jpg]
Love you, and thanks for not strangling me!  tinyinlove
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
You have a good man, ma'am.

tinybiggrin
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(05-14-2022, 02:58 AM)beez Wrote: You have a good man, ma'am.

tinybiggrin

Day drinking helps. I call it my listening and putting up with stuff juice.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(05-14-2022, 04:43 AM)kdog Wrote:
(05-14-2022, 02:58 AM)beez Wrote: You have a good man, ma'am.

tinybiggrin

Day drinking helps. I call it my listening and putting up with stuff juice.

We all drink that juice!

tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
Yup @"GeauxHomeLittleD" , he's a keeper alright!!   tinyinlove

Better keep that "stuff juice" handy for @kdog tho  
  minusculebeercheers

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Well done KDog!

(Selfish dialogue below!)
Last year -just after BIAD had watched his old shed being torn down and a new one put in its place,
I decided to utilise the wood from his home whilst we waited-out the Covid-related Refuse Tip clampdown.

Here in England, our town Council had decided that to avoid catching the China-flu in an open-air setting,
one needed to access their website, fill in particulars regarding vaccinations and download information for
their cell-phones to display to some guy at the Tip that one has been approved to dump rubbish in a skip.

As my late-Dad used to say: "I'm too-old of a cat to be f*ckin' about with kittens" and so, we declined
the invitation to take part in the lemming game.

I built a rustic table and having access to all this wood, I thought a dandy-looking pitched roof would make
the plant-pot-holding bench more appealing. This is heavy wood I was using and so -after adding a dab of
wood-stain and attaching grit-felt tiles to the roof, my wife and I hauled the table onto our decking and left
it for this year's warmer weather.

A few weeks ago, I added a trench-pot of seedlings to the bench and attaching a shelf high beneath the roof,
I placed the remains of some gentle plants in a wicker basket that came to celebrate Christmas. The tiled-roof
was ideal for keeping the frost off and now as Spring was waning and Summer was just around the corner, I
thought the formidable-looking bench would lose some of its 'roughness' when bedecked with flowers.

The Met office (weather) said the day would be 'breezy-to-blustery' and it was. Yet, as I typed away another
Peggy Powler episode on this laptop, I glanced out of my conservatory window to see the weighty bench fall
over and spill its contents onto our decking.

Somehow, this heavy table -that took two people to lift ,had been blown over by a 'blustery' rush of air.
I lost a lot of seedlings due to the damage of the fall and now I'm hurrying to make-up for the supposed-accident.

I now believe it was Pixies -and probably under instructions from Boy In A Dress, who never forgave me for
replacing his old abode with a bigger one.
tinysure
The bench is now secured to the decking balustrade via a clever screw-appliance and being mature and lenient
in my years, I whispered "shift that yer' bastards" as I tightened the locking-mechanism. Up to now, it's still okay.
tinybiggrin
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
@"BIAD" 

Those darned pixies tumped over my beets and radishes yesterday. I think I was able to save them all (crossing fingers).

Really this wind has been something else! Some of the gusts are crazy! My Gulf Coast family all think the winds forebode a wicked hurricane season this year, guess we will know soon enough!
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
@"kdog" 

You're the Best  minusculeclap and by the way,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  minusculebeercheers
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]