Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Funny Memes
Kinda silly, but most days I try to take a break from news, politics, work, and just have a good chuckle from the folks on the internet. A few of my favorites:

[Image: img-1-1648262562173.jpg]

[Image: img-1-1647653488884.jpg]

[Image: img-1-1647565154570.jpg]

[Image: img-1-1646580477368.jpg]

[Image: img-1-1647214881565.jpg]

[Image: img-1-1642993994118.jpg]

Have a few threads to make but it sucks on the phone. I might drag my lazy ass to work this weekend to get my laptop and contribute ...  tinysurprised tinylaughing

minusculebeercheers

I'm going through my folder of memes and I'm 

amazed at how many are not only NSFW but Not

Suitable For Humans.

Here are some of my favorite cleaner ones.

Edit: Damn it! How do I get my attachments to show up as actual images and not just thumbnails?
[Image: Cheshire-Cat-Wallpaper.jpg]

"Dude! WTF?!?!?!?"
-Julius Caesar
(03-26-2022, 11:22 PM)Wizzz Wrote: I'm going through my folder of memes and I'm 

Suitable For Humans.

Totally agree, but that horse with no name one is great! I may borrow it ...  smallcrackingup
(03-26-2022, 11:24 PM)DuckforcoveR Wrote:

Suitable For Humans.

Totally agree, but that horse with no name one is great! I may borrow it ...  smallcrackingup

Absolutely!  Consider any of these to be community property. Memes are useless unless shared! I have more.
I just have to sift through a bit.
Glad you like them!

"Dude! WTF?!?!?!?"
-Julius Caesar
(03-26-2022, 11:13 PM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: Kinda silly, but most days I try to take a break from news, politics, work, and just have a good chuckle from the folks on the internet. A few of my favorites:

Have a few threads to make but it sucks on the phone. I might drag my lazy ass to work this weekend to get my laptop and contribute ...  tinysurprised tinylaughing

minusculebeercheers

LMFAO! Love the daylight savings time meme!!!!

"Dude! WTF?!?!?!?"
-Julius Caesar

Suitable For Humans.

Edit: Damn it! How do I get my attachments to show up as actual images and not just thumbnails?

smallrofl

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11050]

Code:
[img]http://rogue-nation3.com/attachment.php?aid=11050[/img]
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

(03-26-2022, 11:22 PM)Wizzz Wrote: Edit: Damn it! How do I get my attachments to show up as actual images and not just thumbnails?

I open the thumbnail to full size in another tab, then copy the URL of that tab, because it is the URL of the image itself, and then edit the post and replace the "image" tag that created the thumbnail with the image itself by using the "insert an image" icon about half way across the tool bar at the top of the post window. I just paste the URL into the box in that dialog and then hit the "insert" button, and voila!

Before I use that image insertion button, I highlight the image tag that created the thumbnail so that when I insert the image, it replaces the thumbnail and shoves the thumbnail all the way to the bottom of the post.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

[Image: 6839s6.jpg]
A few more and I'll stop.......No, seriously. I will......maybe.....

Ok. I think I'm done.......   tinybiggrin

"Dude! WTF?!?!?!?"
-Julius Caesar
(03-26-2022, 11:29 PM)Wizzz Wrote:
(03-26-2022, 11:13 PM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: Kinda silly, but most days I try to take a break from news, politics, work, and just have a good chuckle from the folks on the internet. A few of my favorites:

minusculebeercheers

LMFAO! Love the daylight savings time meme!!!!

That one and the torture / dungeon one are totally my top 2  tinylaughing
(03-26-2022, 11:46 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(03-26-2022, 11:22 PM)Wizzz Wrote: Edit: Damn it! How do I get my attachments to show up as actual images and not just thumbnails?

I open the thumbnail to full size in another tab, then copy the URL of that tab, because it is the URL of the image itself, and then edit the post and replace the "image" tag that created the thumbnail with the image itself by using the "insert an image" icon about half way across the tool bar at the top of the post window. I just paste the URL into the box in that dialog and then hit the "insert" button, and voila!

Before I use that image insertion button, I highlight the image tag that created the thumbnail so that when I insert the image, it replaces the thumbnail and shoves the thumbnail all the way to the bottom of the post.

Excellent!  Thanks @"Ninurta"! Much appreciated!

"Dude! WTF?!?!?!?"
-Julius Caesar

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11059]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(03-27-2022, 12:00 AM)Wizzz Wrote:

You're welcome! The end result should look like the Public Service Announcement post above.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11060]

AAAAnnnnndddddd......One for us vets........

"Dude! WTF?!?!?!?"
-Julius Caesar
(03-27-2022, 12:05 AM)Ninurta Wrote: .

There's not enough contrast between the wording and the background... Try a lighter background color.
(03-27-2022, 12:09 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(03-27-2022, 12:00 AM)Wizzz Wrote:

You're welcome! The end result should look like the Public Service Announcement post above.

Yup. Got it!  Much better!
NICE public service announcement. I may have to post that at work.....

"Dude! WTF?!?!?!?"
-Julius Caesar
(03-27-2022, 12:11 AM)Grace Wrote:
(03-27-2022, 12:05 AM)Ninurta Wrote: .

There's not enough contrast between the wording and the background... Try a lighter background color.

No, the problem was too much contrast - the human eye cannot focus on red and blue at the same time, and that makes the letters look like they are dancing around.

Here's a more readable version:

(Second version meme deleted for brevity in favor of the centered version below. THIS SPACE FOR RENT)

More centered, to make it look more professional when posted on the OSHA/Workplace Safety board at work:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11062]

I imagine it would also be a big hit at Feminist rallies.

I just noticed that I mis-spelled "PUBLIC" and left the L out, but I'm not fixing it because that works. Even when I make a mistake, I'm right!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-27-2022, 12:14 AM)Wizzz Wrote: Yup. Got it!  Much better!

I am not responsible for any untoward occurrences in the aftermath of posting it at work, such and being overrun by women or public floggings...

(03-27-2022, 12:19 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(03-27-2022, 12:14 AM)Wizzz Wrote: Yup. Got it!  Much better!

I am not responsible for any untoward occurrences in the aftermath of posting it at work, such and being overrun by women or public floggings...

So noted. I hadn't factored the potential for floggings into the equation. I may have to rework this a bit. Hhhhmmmmmm.........

"Dude! WTF?!?!?!?"
-Julius Caesar
[Image: Funny-cartoon-Kermit-the-frog-jpg-c2bd68...5b6aa2.jpg]

I figured I'd throw my hat in the ring. I got some good ones. I'll try to load in a couple every now and again.  minusculebiggrin

[Image: l-29932-breaking-news-man-spots-tree-in-...ghting.jpg]