Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Grand Mosaic of the Milky Way Galaxy II
This Finnish visual artist and astrophotographer have projects that make quite big photos about the Galaxy . The newest called The Grand Mosaic of the Milky Way Galaxy II is more accurate than the earlyer version. 

Grand Mosaic of the Milky Way is now large than ever

Holy cow! Big place ...Should we see any spacecrafts also ??
Fantastic image! It does an excellent job of showing the stellar density and gaseous nature of the Milky Way disk.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Very, Very Nice Image.  minusculethumbsup2
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
That is some amazing stuff.

Do you ever see stuff like that and want to go out there to see what it's all about? I do.

Same with Mars surface pictures. I just want to wander around and look at stuff. It also has the right level of people for me.
(10-25-2021, 07:46 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Fantastic image! It does an excellent job of showing the stellar density and gaseous nature of the Milky Way disk.

Why there is gases ? I mean i allways thought space is vacuum and dont have oxygen ,gases much....

So those giant nebulas areas are very different areas ?, not like the space between Earth and Moon ?

Confusing...
(10-26-2021, 04:03 PM)Kenzo Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 07:46 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Fantastic image! It does an excellent job of showing the stellar density and gaseous nature of the Milky Way disk.

Why there is gases ? I mean i allways thought space is vacuum and dont have oxygen ,gases much....

So those giant nebulas areas are very different areas ?, not like the space between Earth and Moon ?

Confusing...

Excellent Question  minusculebeercheers

I don't have an answer, I could google the answer, but I am sure I would get Lies by being told what they want me to believe.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]

(10-26-2021, 06:58 PM)guohua Wrote:

Confusing...

Excellent Question  minusculebeercheers

I don't have an answer, I could google the answer, but I am sure I would get Lies by being told what they want me to believe.

Yep , and the feeling you are being watched...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10256]

Confusing...

Space is a relative vacuum, rather than an absolute vacuum. Gas and dust are present everywhere, but it's a matter of molecules per cubic centimeter - space has a lot less of them. Where you see nebulas, there is a relative concentration of gas and dust, but not nearly enough of it to allow for breathing or to keep a body from exploding due to it's internal pressure.

You only see them because while there are few molecules of gas per cubic centimeter, there are a whole lot of cubic centimeters there to contain gasses, and that concentration, slight though it is, is what shows up as a nebula. It's only a "concentration" of gases relative to surrounding areas with even less gas per cubic centimeter.

It's like being in a smoke filled room - the air is not thicker, heavier, or denser, it's just more visibly smokier.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(10-26-2021, 09:21 PM)Ninurta Wrote:

Confusing...

Space is a relative vacuum, rather than an absolute vacuum. Gas and dust are present everywhere, but it's a matter of molecules per cubic centimeter - space has a lot less of them. Where you see nebulas, there is a relative concentration of gas and dust, but not nearly enough of it to allow for breathing or to keep a body from exploding due to it's internal pressure.

You only see them because while there are few molecules of gas per cubic centimeter, there are a whole lot of cubic centimeters there to contain gasses, and that concentration, slight though it is, is what shows up as a nebula. It's only a "concentration" of gases relative to surrounding areas with even less gas per cubic centimeter.

It's like being in a smoke filled room - the air is not thicker, heavier, or denser, it's just more visibly smokier.

Thanks, that was good explanation about the thing .
Rumor is, there is also darkmatter or anti-matter or something....but that`s over my brain capabilitys tinywhat to fully understand

I only know that before jumping to lightspeed, you better have your calculations right.....to avoid collisions minusculerolleyes
(10-28-2021, 06:29 PM)Kenzo Wrote: Thanks, that was good explanation about the thing .
Rumor is, there is also darkmatter or anti-matter or something....but that`s over my brain capabilitys tinywhat to fully understand

I only know that before jumping to lightspeed, you better have your calculations right.....to avoid collisions minusculerolleyes

You're welcome!

to try to explain the concept of "dark matter". I would have to say it is an invisible mass that you cannot see, smell, taste, hear or feel, and that only shows up in astronomical equations to make them come out the way they are expected to under current physics concepts. The only place you can find it is in equations, not the real universe, and that makes it suspect to me. It's supposed to make up 90% or so of the universe, meaning 90% of the universe would have to be unknown and unknowable, unable to ever be seen or detected other than in equations.

I don't believe there is such a thing as "dark matter". That's just a fudge factor some physicists have to work into their astronomical calculations to make them add up to reflect observed reality because they don't know what really would account for the discrepancies.

Dark Matter is an invisible construct made up to account for the unknown, no different from what an atheist would call a "sky fairy".

I think this other thread concerning interdimensional gravity effects is likely closer to the truth than "dark matter".