Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
La Palma Volcano
Someone allready posted something about this here, not sure was it in the chat ? Anyway, what makes the La Palma so dangerous is the potential mega tsunami , i hope you people have a lifeboat/lifebelt in your backyard if you live in any coastal area that the video shows minusculethinking , or time to run away if tsunami would come....

Intensifying Seismic Crisis at La Palma Volcano: Mega-Tsunami Potential

La Palma, Canary Islands: seismic crisis Sep 2021 - updates
DMAN!  tinysurprised and I can't Swim  tinywhat

OH, that's nowhere near Arizona  minusculeguzzlingbeer
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(09-16-2021, 05:21 PM)guohua Wrote: DMAN!  tinysurprised and I can't Swim  tinywhat

OH, that's nowhere near Arizona  minusculeguzzlingbeer

Haha....safe distance tinycool

Same here, no tsunami risk here...but i could be hit by car, or stumble and die ....i think this house will eventually kill me tinysure tinywhat
As of 2-3 hours ago the earthquake swarms had slowed down but who knows whether or not they will kick back up again? It seems not even the experts know.

One thing is for certain: the gases being released have at least convinced the experts that there is a rise in magma beneath the island/volcano which isn't a good sign but not a definitive sign of eruption.

Best we can do is hope for the best and prepare for the worst. We are in  safe place but if that thing blows Kdog's family is all on the East Coast and my family is almost all on the Gulf Coast. I worry for them all and pray that 7-9 hours notice is enough time for them to evacuate, but after the evacuation fiasco that occurred back during Hurricane Rita in 2005 I don't have much faith in that. 
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
@"GeauxHomeLittleD"  "One thing is for certain: the gases being released have at least convinced the experts that there is a rise in magma beneath the island/volcano which isn't a good sign but not a definitive sign of eruption."

In-other Words, The Damn Experts Don't Know.  tinysure
(09-16-2021, 05:54 PM)guohua Wrote: @"GeauxHomeLittleD"  "One thing is for certain: the gases being released have at least convinced the experts that there is a rise in magma beneath the island/volcano which isn't a good sign but not a definitive sign of eruption."

Being called an expert these days doesn't mean what it used to mean. Besides, when it comes to forces of nature there are no true experts- all they can do is guess. Your guess or mine is as likely to be correct as any expert.
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(09-16-2021, 05:59 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 05:54 PM)guohua Wrote: @"GeauxHomeLittleD"  "One thing is for certain: the gases being released have at least convinced the experts that there is a rise in magma beneath the island/volcano which isn't a good sign but not a definitive sign of eruption."

Being called an expert these days doesn't mean what it used to mean. Besides, when it comes to forces of nature there are no true experts- all they can do is guess. Your guess or mine is as likely to be correct as any expert.

That is True and these College Graduates with a B A think they know it all.

The best Earthologest the educated ones make fun of and reject are Wildlife to include Plants. In My Humble Opinion Creatures (to include humans) that are Attuned to the Magnetic Field and the Vibrations of Our Earth are the Experts.
But What Do I Know, I'm just a Very Old Chinese lady that Teaches and administer Traditionally Chinese Medicine to include Herbal Medicine and Cupping and Gua Sha.
(09-16-2021, 05:43 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: As of 2-3 hours ago the earthquake swarms had slowed down but who knows whether or not they will kick back up again? It seems not even the experts know.

One thing is for certain: the gases being released have at least convinced the experts that there is a rise in magma beneath the island/volcano which isn't a good sign but not a definitive sign of eruption.

Best we can do is hope for the best and prepare for the worst. We are in  safe place but if that thing blows Kdog's family is all on the East Coast and my family is almost all on the Gulf Coast. I worry for them all and pray that 7-9 hours notice is enough time for them to evacuate, but after the evacuation fiasco that occurred back during Hurricane Rita in 2005 I don't have much faith in that. 

A Swarm Of 700 Earthquakes Rattles Canary Islands, Sparks Speculation Of Volcanic Eruption

Quote:For clues about a possible eruption. Local officials reported a sensor at the volcano took a reading of the "highest Helium-3 levels in 30-years." The gas is considered a message from the mantel and may suggest future volcanic activity.

It`s speaking to us ?  " im releasing the helium-3.....run! "

I hope everyone will be safe .
I seen they say that the La Palma earthquake swarm began on September 11   minusculethinking

Could it be DEW weapon that started it , or something......well just a thought.

I dont know.
Not sure but the volcano look`s like pissed off...... tinybigeyes  More lava coming...huge sounds....what`s going on man ?

Quote:Spanish volcano eruption intensifies and suspends flights
[Image: http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam...o-0924.jpg][Image: http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam...o-0925.jpg]

My husband has a fishing buddy Tom, Well Toms has a neighbor who voted for Biden.
Tom and Mr. G. and Myself were talking about all the Volcanic Eruptions this year and were wondering when Yellowstone was going to Blow as they are getting ready for their next 2 or 3 week fishing trip.
Toms neighbor walks up and says that MSNBC or one of those reported it was Trump's Fault and my husband ask him how that could be and he said with a straight face, "Because trump took us out of the Climate Accord and help to destroy the Earth for 4 years."
mediumfacepalm
My husband told him in a very deadpan voice, "That kind of Stupide thinking is another reason why I won't let you join the Adults when we Fish and Hunt or have a fish fry."
Then Tom told him to just walk the other way as we all left for a Cold Whiskey Sour in my house.
(09-26-2021, 08:39 PM)guohua Wrote:
[Image: http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam...o-0924.jpg][Image: http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam...o-0925.jpg]

My husband has a fishing buddy Tom, Well Toms has a neighbor who voted for Biden.
Tom and Mr. G. and Myself were talking about all the Volcanic Eruptions this year and were wondering when Yellowstone was going to Blow as they are getting ready for their next 2 or 3 week fishing trip.
Toms neighbor walks up and says that MSNBC or one of those reported it was Trump's Fault and my husband ask him how that could be and he said with a straight face, "Because trump took us out of the Climate Accord and help to destroy the Earth for 4 years."
mediumfacepalm
My husband told him in a very deadpan voice, "That kind of Stupide thinking is another reason why I won't let you join the Adults when we Fish and Hunt or have a fish fry."
Then Tom told him to just walk the other way as we all left for a Cold Whiskey Sour in my house.

Your husband and I could be brothers from another mother....I guess that makes you an almost Sister-in-law
(09-26-2021, 11:36 PM)727Sky Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 08:39 PM)guohua Wrote:

mediumfacepalm

Your husband and I could be brothers from another mother....I guess that makes you an almost Sister-in-law

Hello My Dear Sweet Brother-In-Law  kiss Give your Beautiful Wife a {{{{{HUG}}}}} for me.
This tweet has short video of La Palma volcano with explosion ,  the pressure wave is visible ,and some sound also...

La Palma explosion

There seems to be energy coming in that mountain, lets hope it comes out from those valves/cones  like in the video, and not blowing new hole to mountain
(09-28-2021, 04:49 PM)Kenzo Wrote: This tweet has short video of La Palma volcano with explosion ,  the pressure wave is visible ,and some sound also...

La Palma explosion

There seems to be energy coming in that mountain, lets hope it comes out from those valves/cones  like in the video, and not blowing new hole to mountain

Ooooh yer' bugger, was that a shock wave?!
tinyhuh
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(09-28-2021, 04:52 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(09-28-2021, 04:49 PM)Kenzo Wrote: This tweet has short video of La Palma volcano with explosion ,  the pressure wave is visible ,and some sound also...

La Palma explosion

Ooooh yer' bugger, was that a shock wave?!
tinyhuh

Yeeh sorry , i think the right terminology is indeed shock wave
(09-28-2021, 05:14 PM)Kenzo Wrote:
(09-28-2021, 04:52 PM)BIAD Wrote: Ooooh yer' bugger, was that a shock wave?!
tinyhuh

Kenzo Sir... as long as we're a good-safe distance from that thing, then I'd be happy to quibble about terminology!
Pressure wave or shock wave, the sight of that made me appreciate the concept of running!
minusculethumbsup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(09-28-2021, 07:00 PM)BIAD Wrote:
tinyhuh

Kenzo Sir... as long as we're a good-safe distance from that thing, then I'd be happy to quibble about terminology!
Pressure wave or shock wave, the sight of that made me appreciate the concept of running!
minusculethumbsup

Aye, it is called a "shock wave", but it is measured in PSI ("pounds per square inch" of overpressure), a gauge of pressure, so "pressure wave" is also accurate.

I told my sister to get her ass inland (she is on the coast), because if it blows and that scree slope slips underwater, it'll send a megatsunami across the Atlantic that would have potential to destroy New York City, DC, Baltimore, and all points on the east coast, but she seemed uninterested, said she was tired of living in this screwed up world anyhow. Kids these days! Ya just can't tell 'em nothin'!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(09-28-2021, 07:00 PM)BIAD Wrote:
tinyhuh

minusculethumbsup

I sure appreciate having safe distance to La Palma minusculethumbsup 

BTW,  everyone should look Bushcraft Bear youtube channel about the daily situation there, he has good style of reporting and allways have honest wiews , he is there and make videos fast if something happen ..

Bushcraft Bear

Small landslide near the place where lava has allready reach the sea ( picture from google earth ,red x pointing the landslide area about )

smal landslide La Palma

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10122]

This kind of landslide could be happen also normally, without vulcanos/earthquakes.....but still , it`s so near the lava ....

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10123]