Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Our Dearest Mystic Wanderer, you will be missed
My Dear Friends, I have such sad news to report, I just received an email from our member @Spirit Scribe  who was a close friend to Mystic Wanderer.
I will attach the email.

Quote: Wrote:Hi Guohua,

I couldn't find a way to login to tell anyone, but Mystic Wanderer, my friend Sharon, passed away Thursday a couple weeks ago from a heart attack. I managed to find a blog from BIAD where I asked him to please let everyone know, but I didn't know if he even saw it or not. It was an older blog, but the most recent comment was February of this year. I guess he never saw my comment. I tried several ways to get to Rogue Nation but they all failed.  I did not use a "3" in the combination, that's probably why they all failed.

I heard from her niece that she wanted to be cremated, and her family honored her wishes but we have not yet had a funeral gathering because of Covid. It still doesn't seem real. She was supposed to have a medical procedure the day before she passed, and before that she told me to let her friends and family know if anything happened during the procedure and she didn't wake up, that she was okay with going at this time. I shared this with her daughter and told her it probably won't help much right now, but it may give her some peace of mind later. I would love to extend this to her RN family as well. She messaged me that she had canceled the procedure just two days before she passed, but I can't help but wonder if she had kept the appointment, if they may have found something that could have prevented her passing. 

I will try to login with this 3 in the website, maybe that will work. I'm sorry I couldn't reach you all sooner.

Bev (Spirit Scribe)

My Heart is full of Sadness, I am full of Sorrow and I just have a very hard time with this, Our Dear Friend Mystic Wanderer was such a Dear Friend and Long Time Member, she stayed with us all here through some rough time and many changes.

My Dear Friend Mystic Wanderer, My You Find Your Happiness With Your God.
I am sure we will all miss you.
[Image: 283a1964bc60d1caf38e8f3082da82c8.jpg]to @Mystic Wanderer  You'll Always Be A Rogue and Never Forgotten. [Image: IGWj.gif]
[Image: rest-in-peace-rip.gif]

Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(09-13-2021, 04:09 AM)guohua Wrote: My Dear Friends, I have such sad news to report, I just received an email from our member @Spirit Scribe  who was a close friend to Mystic Wanderer.
I will attach the email.

I couldn't find a way to login to tell anyone, but Mystic Wanderer, my friend Sharon, passed away Thursday a couple weeks ago from a heart attack. I managed to find a blog from BIAD where I asked him to please let everyone know, but I didn't know if he even saw it or not. It was an older blog, but the most recent comment was February of this year. I guess he never saw my comment. I tried several ways to get to Rogue Nation but they all failed.  I did not use a "3" in the combination, that's probably why they all failed.

I heard from her niece that she wanted to be cremated, and her family honored her wishes but we have not yet had a funeral gathering because of Covid. It still doesn't seem real. She was supposed to have a medical procedure the day before she passed, and before that she told me to let her friends and family know if anything happened during the procedure and she didn't wake up, that she was okay with going at this time. I shared this with her daughter and told her it probably won't help much right now, but it may give her some peace of mind later. I would love to extend this to her RN family as well. She messaged me that she had canceled the procedure just two days before she passed, but I can't help but wonder if she had kept the appointment, if they may have found something that could have prevented her passing. 

I will try to login with this 3 in the website, maybe that will work. I'm sorry I couldn't reach you all sooner.

Bev (Spirit Scribe)

My Heart is full of Sadness, I am full of Sorrow and I just have a very hard time with this, Our Dear Friend Mystic Wanderer was such a Dear Friend and Long Time Member, she stayed with us all here through some rough time and many changes.

My Dear Friend Mystic Wanderer, My You Find Your Happiness With Your God.
I am sure we will all miss you.
[Image: 283a1964bc60d1caf38e8f3082da82c8.jpg]to @Mystic Wanderer  You'll Always Be A Rogue and Never Forgotten. [Image: IGWj.gif]
[Image: rest-in-peace-rip.gif]

I didn't know her like you did, but I could tell from my short time here and from our few exchanges that she was a genuine person who was strong and consistent in her convictions and was kind.  She was also a posting machine, and I thank her wholeheartedly for all the content she brought to my attention. 

Rest in peace, Mystic Wanderer.  You'll be sorely missed.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
So saddened to hear this news, she was special person here with her writings,views ...

I hope her family will get over from this loss.

Rest in peace Mystic Wanderer .
How awful.

Rest in Heavenly Peace, Mystic Wanderer.  Your genuineness and kindness were very apparent.

[Image: 5491328-medium-1554330971.jpg]

--Cav
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(09-13-2021, 04:09 AM)guohua Wrote: My Dear Friends, I have such sad news to report, I just received an email from our member @Spirit Scribe  who was a close friend to Mystic Wanderer.
I will attach the email.

Bev (Spirit Scribe)

Oh my... I never received the message.
tinycrying

My heart goes out to Mystic's family and friends and to her adopted family here on Rogue Nation.
The Mystic Wanderer will be in my thoughts today and for some time.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10023]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
A deeply saddening évent for our RN3 family...

Let us celebrate her life with style...

May her family and loved ones get through this saddening time with many positive vibrations from us all and all the universal energy we and I can share.

I will be opening up a bottle of Château St Georges, St Emilion 1966 and will toast that LADY....

Be well and may you rest in peace dear Sharon "Mystic Wanderer"

My deepest and most heartfealt hugs and emotions 

Rodinus.
I still don't understand why the Kamikaze pilots wore helmets!
(09-13-2021, 04:09 AM)guohua Wrote: Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!

i remember her very first reply to me not long after i joined, it was in her Grammar/English Pet Peeves thread.

i posted

Quote:one of my peeves is spellin and gramer nazi's.[Image: Smallcrackingup.gif]

just kidding couldn't resist

she just replied with

Quote:[Image: Minusculeredtantrum.gif]

i liked her immediately, and for a couple of weeks after every time i would make a spellin or grammar mistake she would post some kind of comment on it.

i'm also gonna miss all her links, and point of view, they always were interesting. she had a knack for that.

may she find peace in the here after and her family take comfort that she is in a better place and they'll see her again there.
[Image: TWBB.png]

I was filled with such sadness when I saw this. 

There have been a handful of people I’ve known that I thought of as a treasure. Even though I didn’t know her for a very long time she was one of those people. 

She treated me like a long time friend from the moment I joined here and started posting. There were a few times she may have disagreed with my opinion on something but she was so sweet about it. I enjoyed our visits so much.

As bad as this hurts, I can’t even imagine what her family is feeling. My thoughts are with them, her friends and everyone here. 

Rest easy sweet Mystic Wonderer you were our treasure and you will be so very missed.
If Heaven is real I know that Sharon (aka Sherri, aka Sled) is there right now, watching the big show and waiting for us to join her.  I picture her there now as a heavenly unicorn, she loved unicorns sooo much!

RIP Mystic Wanderer... we will meet again!

[Image: unicorn-in-heaven-by-ruitersanne-d3i1bqe-fullview.jpg]

"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
Condolences to all.

I'm shocked and saddened.
(09-13-2021, 03:56 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: If Heaven is real I know that Sharon (aka Sherri, aka Sled) is there right now, watching the big show and waiting for us to join her.  I picture her there now as a heavenly unicorn, she loved unicorns sooo much!

Little... you just made this big man cry....

We will all meet again around a massive big fuck off table for the biggest party in the universe.

Hugs n cuddles.

Rod
(09-13-2021, 04:34 PM)Rodinus Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 03:56 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: If Heaven is real I know that Sharon (aka Sherri, aka Sled) is there right now, watching the big show and waiting for us to join her.  I picture her there now as a heavenly unicorn, she loved unicorns sooo much!

Little... you just made this big man cry....

We will all meet again around a massive big fuck off table for the biggest part in the universe.

Hugs n cuddles.

Rod
And do not forget : Even though Unicorns may have glitter or rainbow coloured farts, they still smell like last weeks Chili con carné !

Go for it Mystic wherever you are and fart this place out....

Hugs

Rod
It's just not fair, it's just not right, wtf??
We never really saw eye to eye on many things but our mystic was... IS..m in the fabric of this place.
It's  a Monday afternoon here in Scotland and I am getting very drunk, very very drunk because my friend has been taken from us. I feel cheated, and our world will be smaller and lesser without her.
Mystic, I will miss you more than you could ever know.
May you wander now in places we can only dream about.
Send us a postcard, let us know if you were right!
I miss you,
See you on the other side,
Gxxx
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
How deeply saddening.
I will miss the many rabbit trails you pointed out...but will look for them, just the same.
I hope you won!
Rest in Peace, Sharon/Mystic Wanderer.

"Good judgment comes from experience...
Experience...? Well, that comes from poor judgment."
~ Dean Martin ~

I am broken hearted  tinycrying tinycrying tinycrying

I don't know what to say. She was an amazing presence here and I'm sure she must have been a wonderful person in real life. I loved hearing what she had to say and deeply appreciated she would listen to me too. To say I will miss her doesn't cover it. 

Prayers are going out for strength for her family and friends.
(09-13-2021, 04:45 PM)gordi Wrote: It's just not fair, it's just not right, wtf??
We never really saw eye to eye on many things but our mystic was... IS..m in the fabric of this place.
It's  a Monday afternoon here in Scotland and I am getting very drunk, very very drunk because my friend has been taken from us. I feel cheated, and our world will be smaller and lesser without her.
Mystic, I will miss you more than you could ever know.
May you wander now in places we can only dream about.
Send us a postcard, let us know if you were right!
I miss you,
See you on the other side,
Gxxx

Gordi, that's the one thing I loved most about Sharon. She could let you have your own opinion and still be your friend. I have something to share with you that might help. I was walking outside at work today, thinking of Sharon and feeling down... so I was staring at the ground... and I saw this:

[Image: White-Feather-091321.jpg]

Sharon and I both were very attracted to Native American ideas, and so I really think this could be from her.
I've been a lost for words. 

Mystic Wanderer will surely be missed . She kept the torch burning when many let it go dark. 

My you rest in peace Sharon
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
Mystic, my daughter, you'll be missed.

She was one of only two people on God's Green Earth that could get away with calling me "daddy". It was a long running joke - there was a reason she could get away with it -  she was actually a couple years older than I, but always young at heart, filled with the joy of exploration and discovery like any other kid.

This was her last post at Rouge Nation. Kind of anticlimactic, but true to form she was still driving at understanding stuff, and frustrated when it was just beyond her grasp. That was posted on 24 August.

I think I found her obituary, but won't post a link here. Mystic was always so paranoid about her privacy that I'm not sure it would be right to post it here, and put her information out like that. If i'm right, the reason I couldn't find her when I was beating the bushes in the wilds of the internet searching for her is that I was searching under her maiden name instead of her married name. It also has @"Spirit Scribe" listed in it, so there is that to consider, too. 

As she got older, her body betrayed her as all of our bodies do in due course. Among other things, she had some back trouble... it got her down occasionally, but could not keep her down.

@"Mystic Wanderer" was prolific here at RN3 So prolific that I am convinced there were times when she kept the site alive with her threads, kept it from stagnating. Although her last post in a thread was on 24 August, she did come back after that, but only communicated in the shoutbox.

On 25 August, she shouted:

Quote:Mystic Wanderer - Not feeling well today. Got up with low blood sugar and almost fainted. Dizzy, and out of breath. Don't know what is going on with me. Been taking it easy today. May have to go to doctor if this shortness of breath continues. It could be pneumonia. - 25 Aug 16:49

Ninurta - @Mystic Wanderer - Been around anyone that took the jab? - 25 Aug 16:58

Mystic Wanderer - @Ninurta Probably. I had to go inside the hospital a few days ago. UGH! I don't feel like it's covid, just probably pneumonia. I'm taking my home meds. Going to see how I feel tomorrow. I cured Covid at home last time. I can cure this too. - 25 Aug 18:17

So she was feeling poorly then. Had I known that would be the last time I spoke to her, I'd  have probably tried to find something more memorable or important to say. But I didn't know. When it comes, it comes just that quick... here, then suddenly not here.

The 26th, the last day she was here, she was still feeling poorly but looking towards the future, and had just ordered some HCQ:

Quote:Mystic Wanderer - Just ordered my HCQ from the Front Line Doctors. Meant to do this last week, but the time was wrong. I couldn't guarantee I'd be home to take the call last week. Hope I'm not too late. I feel like shit. Only reason I'm on the computer now was to come make my account with them. - 26 Aug 14:23

Mystic Wanderer - Heading back to the recliner. Have a good evening RN. - 26 Aug 14:24

Mystic Wanderer - 12 us service members killed! 15 wounded, so far from a suicide bomb in Afghanistan. - 26 Aug 15:05

We didn't always see eye to eye on things, and had our spats, and I'm sure those disagreements frustrated her as much as they did me, but I don't think she held a grudge over them. You don't call someone "daddy" when you're grudging at them, do you? I never held a grudge against her over the points we disagreed on, either - and that's unusual, because I hold a grudge like nobody's business. But she had a way about her, and I just couldn't hold that grudge.

And Mystic will be missed.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(09-14-2021, 10:59 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Mystic, my daughter, you'll be missed.

She was one of only two people on God's Green Earth that could get away with calling me "daddy". It was a long running joke - there was a reason she could get away with it -  she was actually a couple years older than I, but always young at heart, filled with the joy of exploration and discovery like any other kid.

This was her last post at Rouge Nation. Kind of anticlimactic, but true to form she was still driving at understanding stuff, and frustrated when it was just beyond her grasp. That was posted on 24 August.

I think I found her obituary, but won't post a link here. Mystic was always so paranoid about her privacy that I'm not sure it would be right to post it here, and put her information out like that. If i'm right, the reason I couldn't find her when I was beating the bushes in the wilds of the internet searching for her is that I was searching under her maiden name instead of her married name. It also has @"Spirit Scribe" listed in it, so there is that to consider, too. 

As she got older, her body betrayed her as all of our bodies do in due course. Among other things, she had some back trouble... it got her down occasionally, but could not keep her down.

@"Mystic Wanderer" was prolific here at RN3 So prolific that I am convinced there were times when she kept the site alive with her threads, kept it from stagnating. Although her last post in a thread was on 24 August, she did come back after that, but only communicated in the shoutbox.

On 25 August, she shouted:

Quote:Mystic Wanderer - Not feeling well today. Got up with low blood sugar and almost fainted. Dizzy, and out of breath. Don't know what is going on with me. Been taking it easy today. May have to go to doctor if this shortness of breath continues. It could be pneumonia. - 25 Aug 16:49

Ninurta - @Mystic Wanderer - Been around anyone that took the jab? - 25 Aug 16:58

Mystic Wanderer - @Ninurta Probably. I had to go inside the hospital a few days ago. UGH! I don't feel like it's covid, just probably pneumonia. I'm taking my home meds. Going to see how I feel tomorrow. I cured Covid at home last time. I can cure this too. - 25 Aug 18:17

So she was feeling poorly then. Had I known that would be the last time I spoke to her, I'd  have probably tried to find something more memorable or important to say. But I didn't know. When it comes, it comes just that quick... here, then suddenly not here.

The 26th, the last day she was here, she was still feeling poorly but looking towards the future, and had just ordered some HCQ:

Quote:Mystic Wanderer - Just ordered my HCQ from the Front Line Doctors. Meant to do this last week, but the time was wrong. I couldn't guarantee I'd be home to take the call last week. Hope I'm not too late. I feel like shit. Only reason I'm on the computer now was to come make my account with them. - 26 Aug 14:23

Mystic Wanderer - Heading back to the recliner. Have a good evening RN. - 26 Aug 14:24

Mystic Wanderer - 12 us service members killed! 15 wounded, so far from a suicide bomb in Afghanistan. - 26 Aug 15:05

We didn't always see eye to eye on things, and had our spats, and I'm sure those disagreements frustrated her as much as they did me, but I don't think she held a grudge over them. You don't call someone "daddy" when you're grudging at them, do you? I never held a grudge against her over the points we disagreed on, either - and that's unusual, because I hold a grudge like nobody's business. But she had a way about her, and I just couldn't hold that grudge.

And Mystic will be missed.

She never let on to me that she felt bad... which makes me feel kinda bad now. I had just recently changed jobs where I work, and was having some adjustment issues for a while. I know she kept it from me because of that. She didn't want me to worry I guess. Thank you for sharing these posts. It was almost time for us to get together and take our annual fall trip into the mountains to take in the scenery and some really good food at this little roadside cafe' we both loved.

Spirit Scribe
Man oh man, what a loss ..... damn I miss you already, Mystic  minusculecrybaby

She was my Facebook buddy and when I didn't feel it "safe" to post on FB, I would send it via Messenger.

We sent numerous links & videos on messenger. 
And she would tell me it was time for her podcast with which ever video was coming on. LOL
And her cat, oh how her cat would get in her lap wanting attention. LOL

Sharon gave me moral support when I lost my Jim.

And when I told her how guilty I felt, that the one day I could not be with Jim due to car trouble, and that night after midnight is when he passed.

She told me that -- "sometimes spirits choose not to have their loved ones around when they pass. They feel the burden will be too hard on them to bare" --  it gave me comfort and made sense. And was so Mystic. LOL

Then she told me that happened with her Grandmother too, when she passed. How her Mother hadn't left her side for weeks when she became really ill. And the one day her Mother decided to go to town to get some medicine, is when her Grandmother passed.

Mystic believed that her Grandmother was waiting to be alone to go to the other side. 

She and I bonded years ago, way back on ATS

Not sure if it's because I just lost Jim a few weeks ago, but Mystic being gone is really hard for me to accept just yet.
Or maybe that Mystic was a part of our lives (me & Jim)  through ATS - Hernandos Hideaway- Rogue Nation ..... Jim knew her name as if she was our next door neighbor  minusculerolleyes  

I would read him all the good, juicy conspiracy stuff she would post.  minusculebiggrin

In fact, I just posted a couple of things on FB for her --- I guess in memory of her.  
Probably will for some time, to be honest. I think she would like that. 

I will definitely miss my conspiracy minded buddy for sure.

Mystic my friend, you will truly be missed.  minusculeredtantrum

May you be smiling down on the beautiful Smokey Mountains that you always shared pictures of. 

And I will be looking for a sign, you know what I mean MW, being as you were the one who showed me and opened my eyes to that world. Thank you for being YOU!! 

Until we meet again, farewell my friend  tinyinlove

a.k.a. 'snarky412'