Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
50's & 60's maybe a 70's Car Commercials
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
1958 ford Thunderbird I did 137 MPH on highway 57 south of Grapevine, Texas when I was 14.. Stupid but that car would run !

1957 ford station wagon I drove for many years as I played in a band and needed the room for big amps, Saxophones and guitars. Some might think not cool....  I had to carry blankets and pillows to help divide the equipment in the back or so I told mom and dad.. I had more sexual fun in that station wagon than I ever did in any other car..

Thinking back I am glad I had my youth when I did.
love me some some 60's and 70's muscle cars.
but some of the commercials were well cheesy.

the best car commercials ever were Joe Izuzu

my favorite one i can't find. if i remember it right, it starts out showing a german sports car haulin ass through the with woods with two guys in it. the driver looks into the rear view mirror  in german with subtitles he tells the other that a car is coming up fast, the passenger says lose him. he steps on it and trys but can't, then they show a izuzu pull up beside them with Joe keep time with music with his fingers on the steering wheel and he looks over at the guys in the sports car and says goodin mornin and blows on by. then the passenger says  i hate joe izuzu.

hell i guess i should have watched the whole video first that one is at the 11:15 mark.
[Image: TWBB.png]

@"hounddoghowlie" 
That was funny, I like Joe.
I was thinking that at the 11:15 mark I'd see a commercial similar to.
When car commercials were as long as todays TV shows.
 It seems that way at least  tinysurprised
Next are pictures of Old Gas Stations with Great Songs in the background for 11 minutes.

Next, a Service Station Commercial for Dummies! The services station attendant Actually Worked!  tinywhat
(08-03-2021, 05:55 PM)guohua Wrote: @"hounddoghowlie" 
That was funny, I like Joe.
I was thinking that at the 11:15 mark I'd see a commercial similar to.
toothysmiley can't get my car out of 2nd gear.

(08-03-2021, 10:10 AM)727Sky Wrote: 1958 ford Thunderbird I did 137 MPH on highway 57 south of Grapevine, Texas when I was 14.. Stupid but that car would run !

1957 ford station wagon I drove for many years as I played in a band and needed the room for big amps, Saxophones and guitars. Some might think not cool....  I had to carry blankets and pillows to help divide the equipment in the back or so I told mom and dad.. I had more sexual fun in that station wagon than I ever did in any other car..

You piqued my interest, so I looked it up. Do you know what engine it had? 
https://www.supercars.net/blog/1958-ford-thunderbird/
(08-03-2021, 09:37 PM)Tarzan the apeman. Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 10:10 AM)727Sky Wrote: 1958 ford Thunderbird I did 137 MPH on highway 57 south of Grapevine, Texas when I was 14.. Stupid but that car would run !

if i recall correctly the 1957 had a 292 v8 and the 1958 had either 332 at 265 hp or a 352 at 300hp, can't say for certain, wasn't much on found on roads dead cars.

i looked up the specs on the 332 and 352

the 332 and 352 were fairly close if left stock.

the 332 and 352 if left stock both had a 4.0 bore,
the 332 had a 3.30 in stroke
9.5:1 compression,
solid lifters
2 bbl was rated at 240 hp, 4bbl rated at 265hp

the 352 had a 3.50in stroke
10.2 :1 compression
forged steel rods
cast iron crank
solid lifters
4bbl rated at 300hp

both came with either a Holley or Carter carburetor

(08-03-2021, 09:37 PM)Tarzan the apeman. Wrote:

Big V-8 and I think the speed ohmmeter went to 140 or 160...? One thing about that car unlike a Nissan 240 or 280 ZX the nose never got light. At 125+the 280 started getting light on the front wheels which was not nice ! Faster and they might get airborne IMO.
How about a Beer Commercial?

How about just good OLD Commercials   minusculebeercheers

Then when have some memories for you.
I love those old cars. They were so easy to work on and had such nice body lines.