Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Missing 411 / Paulides
I'm reading a couple of Paulides' "411" books.

A couple of thoughts.

I am a bit confused.  I had seen commentary on the internet that Paulides was pushing Bigfoot as the culprit in many disappearances.  Yet, in the books I'm reading, that isn't the case.  He sort of beats around the bush on what the causal agent for the disappearances might be.  In one instance, he mentions a case in France that is much more a hallmark of UFO/entity activity than the typical BF sighting ... then goes on to write that it is a case of high importance that may explain much of what is going on.

I was surprised by actually how few cases he mentions.  Yes, his books are full of them ... but they cover vast regions of the world and extend back to the 1800s.  His listings, by state, for unexplained disappearances in parks and other wilderness are not really populated by that many events.

In those listings, the long gaps in years between incidents was of interest.  That argues against a predator of some kind; they don't just 'go away' decades on end.

I gain the impression the accounts leave much to be desired.  Reading, for example, about some guy walking ahead of his -two year old- son in the forest and only occasionally checking to see if he was still behind him astound me.  My parents watched me like a hawk when I was little, whether we were in the woods or anywhere else.  I also think some of the disappearances, when people are alone, are the result of bad decisions made in unforgiving environments.  One does not have to go far off-trail to suddenly realize that the familiar world, and a world touched by human presence, is GONE.  I also believe at least part of the disappearances are the result of criminal activity by desperados living off-grid.

And there are some really odd reports, like the children who reported a "bear" took them away and then cared for them.  tinyhuh

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(06-13-2021, 05:44 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: I'm reading a couple of Paulides' "411" books.

A couple of thoughts.

I am a bit confused.  I had seen commentary on the internet that Paulides was pushing Bigfoot as the culprit in many disappearances.  Yet, in the books I'm reading, that isn't the case.  He sort of beats around the bush on what the causal agent for the disappearances might be.  In one instance, he mentions a case in France that is much more a hallmark of UFO/entity activity than the typical BF sighting ... then goes on to write that it is a case of high importance that may explain much of what is going on.

Cheers

Lots more people/experts in this field are coming to the conclusion that Bigfoot IS an alien. So, this could explain why he is connecting Bigfoot and ETs as the same culprit for the disappearances.  I don't remember if he ever said this. Not saying he didn't, just that I don't remember if he did. 

My parents let us go when we were little. I used to go for long walks in the woods all alone when I was 7 or 8. I don't remember them ever allowing me to go too far away being unsupervised before that age unless it was outside to play on the swing, or do things children do. 
The children that went missing in the woods were much younger, if I remember correctly, so that man should have been keeping a better eye on his son, if that were the case. 
As for the ones over 4 or 5, that was typical where I was raised, which was in the Smoky Mountain/Appalachian region; same as a lot of disappearances.
@"Mystic Wanderer" 

Something I find of note is that, overall, reports of paranormal and mysterious events is much lower in continental Europe than the USA, and, tellingly, the UK.

Didn't used to be that way.  The tales of the Brothers Grimm originate from the forests just east of Frankfurt am Main.  Middle Ages Europe had many stories of Fae, trolls, goblins, etc.  Jacques Vallée's book "Passport to Magonia" does a good job of tying the weirdness of those tales to modern-day UFO entity encounters.

But today?  One hears very little about UFO activity in Europe, or people going missing in wilderness areas.  Makes me wonder if there is a cultural bias against reporting such events.

Cheers

I have listened to his podcasts quite a bit but have not read any of the books yet. So you have me at a disadvantage. 

From what I can gather, he won't look at cases where a simple answer seem very plausible. Like getting eaten by a predator or drowning in the rapids. He looks into those where none of that fits. 

No doubt the man seeks to make a living out of all this, but I can't blame someone for that. 

He does seem reluctant to point the finger at a culprit after looking into a case. Maybe that comes from his LE background? If he has no proof of something, it gets left a little speculative. I'm sure it helps to move a few more books and videos too. 

The one story where the small child is found 1000's of feet up in elevation on an inaccessible cliff? Or a young kid shows up miles away, over a mountain range, overnight in a snowstorm and he is ok? And why are they all missing their shoes? Definitely some high strangeness.
I have no beef with the idea that weird things happen in the woods.  But I wonder if it really happens any more in the woods than it does anywhere else.  Take, for example, the city in Scotland (?) where several people swear they time traveled on a particular street simply by walking along.

One thing Paulides mentions that caught my interest was the park ranger who spoke of "wild men" living off-grid in wilderness areas.  I've read a few accounts of crime that targeted campers; that kind of thing advises one to be well-armed when out hiking or camping.  That saddens me because I used to perceive the parks as peaceful places where one did not have to consider the motives of others.  Yeah, that was gullible of me.  It is a double edged sword as well because now one should assume strangers -are- carrying a firearm and, if possible, avoid contact with them -- who wants to run into a meth-head anywhere, much less deep in a wilderness area?

Yeah, some of those reports are really odd.  I wonder if many of those disappearances are that the missing person is suddenly much higher and the people looking around for them don't look up.

Cheers

(06-14-2021, 08:09 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: One thing Paulides mentions that caught my interest was the park ranger who spoke of "wild men" living off-grid in wilderness areas.
I've read a few accounts of crime that targeted campers; that kind of thing advises one to be well-armed when out hiking or camping.
That saddens me because I used to perceive the parks as peaceful places where one did not have to consider the motives of others...

A few years ago, I was approached to make a background banner for a English woman who has a YouTube channel.
Deborah Hatswell mainly looks at local accounts of Bigfoot and Dog-men sightings in the UK, a belief in a phenomena
-considering the size of the country, that many would would say was ludicrous.

I'm not demeaning anyone is Britain who has witnessed such weird encounters, but for official forces to hide the suitable
amount of natural families of the creatures from the British public would be quite an undertaking. However, they've currently
succeeded with denying the existence of big cats in the UK.

Anyway, during one of her YouTube discussions, Deborah mentioned she'd felt that such a creature had interacted
with some 'gifts' she'd left out in an overgrown area behind her house and not far from a busy railway line.
(You can often hear the passing trains when she's talking in her videos!)

In one of my emails to her, I suggested a similar possibility that you've offered above and that illegal migrants were
the cause of the strange taking of the items she'd left out in the bushes. Deborah admitted that she regularly sees a
group of young 'foreign'-looking men using the railway conduit to travel along in order to get to one of the many illegal
sweat-shops that have flourished in the Greater-Manchester area.
(A subject the MSM don't talk about.)

My reason for suggesting this was to offer the idea that instead of jumping to the belief that with any strange incident
-that would normally seen as baffling, common sense demands a more reasonable assumption should be taken first before
blaming a large scientifically-unacknowledged shaggy biped.

The UK -like many countries, has vagrants, homeless people and travelling folk. The recent onslaught of illegal migrants
arriving in the backs of lorries and in dinghies will certainly have added to those who do not conform with what many
perceive as a standard style of living.

The 'Woodwose' history of Britain is fascinating and taken at face-value, the paintings, carvings and tapestries all indicate
a hairy man who lives the wilds of the British Isles. But the established students and historians of history have all kept to
the credo that these representations are just the remains of a vogue in twelfth century art.

And sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
tinywondering
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Hi guys,
I LOVE this topic.

I've read very many of the David Paulides' missing 411 cases.
I've also watched very VERY many of his videos on the subject.

Just to be clear: He doesn't investigate any cases which would fit comfortably into the "normal" categories of disappearance: (Victims of crime, victims of kidnapping, people actually wanting to disappear, runaways, victims of accidents, people just getting lost etc).
He only looks into those cases where he feels that any normal explanation just does not fit the known facts.

There are undoubtedly many cases which DO fit into those categories, and indeed hundreds of people go "missing" like that every day. But the Missing 411 cases are different.

They have many similarities with one another, many weird co-incidences and many strange phenomena associated with them.

Paulides does NOT think that it's down to Bigfoot. (He has stated that more than once.)
AFAIK He has never fully explained what he thinks IS the real cause of the disappearances, but he has strongly hinted that he thinks he knows what it is, and that it is VERY strange and very dangerous. (He advocates being well armed when out in the National Parks and not to travel alone.)

This doesn't mean that he does not believe in the existence of Bigfoot - just that he doesn't think Bigfoot is responsible for the Missing 411 cases.

My own take on this is...
That there are some very strange things going on in the woods and wilderness areas of the world. Even in built-up areas too sometimes.
It is not as simple as "Could there be a large hairy biped creature out there?"
I think that it's much bigger and more complex than that.

I am not going to call tens of thousands of eye-witnesses (to Bigfoot, Dogman, other cryptids and high-strangeness events) liars. I just think that we are incapable of working it all out at the moment because we don't have all the necessary facts.
I do think that much of this is all tied together in some way. That's maybe why Bigfoot/Dogman are often associated with strange weather events, lights/orbs, portals or UFO/Alien activity. It's all tied together somehow...
Perhaps we're on the edge of another reality or interacting with a dimension which can phase into and out of our own?
Maybe UFO's are physical craft visiting us from that "other place" or from another vibrational energy / frequency.
Likewise Bigfoot/Dogman/Nessie etc could be physical creatures from that other realm? or physical representations of spiritual energies from same?

That might explain much of the high strangeness, weird weather, strange lights, lack of physical evidence, difficulty to capture good photos/videos etc Who knows? (Well, I'm pretty sure that there are government depts who know or at least think that they know!)

Anyway, I think what I'm saying is that... we cannot look at these Missing 411 cases (along with Bigfoot/UFO's etc) and make conclusions using our own limited understanding of how things really are, and how things really work, because I strongly suspect that we know next to nothing in the grand scheme of things.
It's like trying to explain the concept of the colour fluorescent pink to a dog who only sees in blue and yellow! (He has neither the visual tools, nor the language skills to comprehend what is right in front of him.)
*I don't even know if that made any sense LOL, so I'll leave it here for now.

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(06-14-2021, 09:15 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(06-14-2021, 08:09 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: One thing Paulides mentions that caught my interest was the park ranger who spoke of "wild men" living off-grid in wilderness areas.
I've read a few accounts of crime that targeted campers; that kind of thing advises one to be well-armed when out hiking or camping.
That saddens me because I used to perceive the parks as peaceful places where one did not have to consider the motives of others...

A few years ago, I was approached to make a background banner for a English woman who has a YouTube channel.
Deborah Hatswell mainly looks at local accounts of Bigfoot and Dog-men sightings in the UK, a belief in a phenomena
-considering the size of the country, that many would would say was ludicrous.

I'm not demeaning anyone is Britain who has witnessed such weird encounters, but for official forces to hide the suitable
amount of natural families of the creatures from the British public would be quite an undertaking. However, they've currently
succeeded with denying the existence of big cats in the UK.

Anyway, during one of her YouTube discussions, Deborah mentioned she'd felt that such a creature had interacted
with some 'gifts' she'd left out in an overgrown area behind her house and not far from a busy railway line.
(You can often hear the passing trains when she's talking in her videos!)

In one of my emails to her, I suggested a similar possibility that you've offered above and that illegal migrants were
the cause of the strange taking of the items she'd left out in the bushes. Deborah admitted that she regularly sees a
group of young 'foreign'-looking men using the railway conduit to travel along in order to get to one of the many illegal
sweat-shops that have flourished in the Greater-Manchester area.
(A subject the MSM don't talk about.)

My reason for suggesting this was to offer the idea that instead of jumping to the belief that with any strange incident
-that would normally seen as baffling, common sense demands a more reasonable assumption should be taken first before
blaming a large scientifically-unacknowledged shaggy biped.

The UK -like many countries, has vagrants, homeless people and travelling folk. The recent onslaught of illegal migrants
arriving in the backs of lorries and in dinghies will certainly have added to those who do not conform with what many
perceive as a standard style of living.

The 'Woodwose' history of Britain is fascinating and taken at face-value, the paintings, carvings and tapestries all indicate
a hairy man who lives the wilds of the British Isles. But the established students and historians of history have all kept to
the credo that these representations are just the remains of a vogue in twelfth century art.

And sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
tinywondering

There is a clip on youtube of David Attenborough claiming he's seen "snowman" footprints in the Himalayas way too high to be someone's joke. Says evidence he's seen is to convincing. 

I dont know...like the ET cases I just cant wrap my head around the claim that all those thousands and thousands of witness stories were all "fake". You only need one to be true. What are the odds ?
(06-14-2021, 12:02 PM)MarioOnTheFly Wrote: There is a clip on youtube of David Attenborough claiming he's seen "snowman" footprints in the Himalayas way too high
to be someone's joke. Says evidence he's seen is to convincing. 

I dont know...like the ET cases I just cant wrap my head around the claim that all those thousands and thousands of
witness stories were all "fake". You only need one to be true. What are the odds ?

Quote:David Attenborough: “I believe the Abominable Snowman may be real”

'The respected naturalist and broadcaster thinks the legendary Yeti could really exist and be living in the
Himalayan Mountains...'
RadioTimes:

Don't get me wrong, I'm a full-blown Bigfoot and UFO believer... it's just the logic that would be thrown-up to counter
such beliefs has merit. Certainly in the case of the UK Bigfoot.

Just like the years of the Loch Ness investigations, fakery and fame demeaned the phenomena and with the Sasquatch
situation, similar antics have currently placed the view that anyone witnessing such a creature belongs in the 'Man-Bites
-Dog' section of the local news.

People around the world have definitely witnessed something in the skies that they cannot identify, it's just strange
that in many cases, the description of a 'saucer'-shaped craft matches the misinterpretation from the media of what
Kenneth Arnold described as their movement like "saucers skipping on water"

He stated that what he actually saw were delta-wing-style machines, but 'flying saucer' sounds more silly and the
belief in unknown 'out-of-this-world' craft became shelved with Nessie and the Patterson-Gimlin footage.
tinywondering
(06-14-2021, 12:55 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(06-14-2021, 12:02 PM)MarioOnTheFly Wrote: There is a clip on youtube of David Attenborough claiming he's seen "snowman" footprints in the Himalayas way too high

I dont know...like the ET cases I just cant wrap my head around the claim that all those thousands and thousands of
witness stories were all "fake". You only need one to be true. What are the odds ?

'The respected naturalist and broadcaster thinks the legendary Yeti could really exist and be living in the
Himalayan Mountains...'
RadioTimes:

Don't get me wrong, I'm a full-blown Bigfoot and UFO believer... it's just the logic that would be thrown-up to counter

Just like the years of the Loch Ness investigations, fakery and fame demeaned the phenomena and with the Sasquatch
situation, similar antics have currently placed the view that anyone witnessing such a creature belongs in the 'Man-Bites
-Dog' section of the local news.

People around the world have definitely witnessed something in the skies that they cannot identify, it's just strange
that in many cases, the description of a 'saucer'-shaped craft matches the misinterpretation from the media of what
Kenneth Arnold described as their movement like "saucers skipping on water"

He stated that what he actually saw were delta-wing-style machines, but 'flying saucer' sounds more silly and the
belief in unknown 'out-of-this-world' craft became shelved with Nessie and the Patterson-Gimlin footage.
tinywondering

So I take it...you're not convinced about Patterson footage ? :)
I have to say...to me it looks pretty "real". Which is more than I can say for Nessie "sightings". The most famous one looks pretty fakey. 

Interesting thing about lakes though. If you look closely...there apparently is a crypto being living in most lakes all over the world. Cant count how many lake monster claims I read over the years. The Loch is just the most famous one. And there in lies the suspicion.
(06-14-2021, 12:55 PM)BIAD Wrote:

Himalayan Mountains...'
RadioTimes:

You know what gets me...that..."logic" you speak of. They are now (scientific authority heads) more willing to speculate how it could possibly be Russia or China tech. I find that logic...completely without any merit to be honest. Borderline ludicrous suggestions. You only need to dwell on it for a minute to understand the lunacy.
@"MarioOnTheFly" 

Damn!  Dobar dan, Mario ... where you been?

minusculebeercheers

@"Gordi"

Damn! Another one appears after a long absence!

minusculebeercheers

Cheers

@"gordi" 

I've thought for a long time the various "looks" at paranormal phenomena are far too compartmented.  Like you, I think many of the phenomena are caused by a common source, whatever that is.

I would like to hear what Paulides really thinks is behind the disappearances.  All I can say at this point is, if the report from France was in large part accurate, I don't think firearms would be of much help.

Cheers

(06-14-2021, 01:16 PM)MarioOnTheFly Wrote: So I take it...you're not convinced about Patterson footage ? :)
I have to say...to me it looks pretty "real". Which is more than I can say for Nessie "sightings". The most famous one looks pretty fakey. 

Interesting thing about lakes though. If you look closely...there apparently is a crypto being living in most lakes all over the world. Cant count how many lake monster claims I read over the years. The Loch is just the most famous one. And there in lies the suspicion.

I apologise for the delay and sending mixed-messages, no I think -like you, the Patterson footage looks real and there's supposed to
be a backstory to the encounter that involves deaths of these creatures attempting to rescue a captured infant Bigfoot.

I am an avid fan of all things cryptid, it's just the manner the media display them in such a mocking way that pisses me off.
minusculethumbsup
So, they did test the DNA and found it to be both Human and UNKNOWN!  tinysurprised

They stop the publishcation of this Evidence.
This is a Long Video but Informative.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(06-15-2021, 12:19 AM)guohua Wrote: So, they did test the DNA and found it to be both Human and UNKNOWN!  tinysurprised

Oh Good! Something to watch on my t.v. when I settle in tonight.  Thanks!   minusculethumbsup
(06-15-2021, 12:19 AM)guohua Wrote: So, they did test the DNA and found it to be both Human and UNKNOWN!  tinysurprised

Good gravy! That's Bobo. Is he ill? I wonder what happened. 

As far as the DNA, I was discussing something similar with a Bigfooter by me. I asked him if he collected any possible DNA samples from an encounter he had. 

He made a good point. He asked me what it would be compared to. If we have no known Bigfoot DNA, how do we know what it looks like? That's why I think there is merit to the 'almost human' thing going on. 

An interview with Expedition Bigfoot's Dr. Mayer claims the sample they collected in Oregon this year has signals from the Genus of chimpanzees.
(06-14-2021, 11:58 AM)gordi Wrote: Hi guys,
I LOVE this topic.

I've read very many of the David Paulides' missing 411 cases.
I've also watched very VERY many of his videos on the subject.

Just to be clear: He doesn't investigate any cases which would fit comfortably into the "normal" categories of disappearance: (Victims of crime, victims of kidnapping, people actually wanting to disappear, runaways, victims of accidents, people just getting lost etc).
He only looks into those cases where he feels that any normal explanation just does not fit the known facts.

There are undoubtedly many cases which DO fit into those categories, and indeed hundreds of people go "missing" like that every day. But the Missing 411 cases are different.

They have many similarities with one another, many weird co-incidences and many strange phenomena associated with them.

Paulides does NOT think that it's down to Bigfoot. (He has stated that more than once.)
AFAIK He has never fully explained what he thinks IS the real cause of the disappearances, but he has strongly hinted that he thinks he knows what it is, and that it is VERY strange and very dangerous. (He advocates being well armed when out in the National Parks and not to travel alone.)

This doesn't mean that he does not believe in the existence of Bigfoot - just that he doesn't think Bigfoot is responsible for the Missing 411 cases.

My own take on this is...
That there are some very strange things going on in the woods and wilderness areas of the world. Even in built-up areas too sometimes.

I am not going to call tens of thousands of eye-witnesses (to Bigfoot, Dogman, other cryptids and high-strangeness events) liars. I just think that we are incapable of working it all out at the moment because we don't have all the necessary facts.
I do think that much of this is all tied together in some way. That's maybe why Bigfoot/Dogman are often associated with strange weather events, lights/orbs, portals or UFO/Alien activity. It's all tied together somehow...
Perhaps we're on the edge of another reality or interacting with a dimension which can phase into and out of our own?
Maybe UFO's are physical craft visiting us from that "other place" or from another vibrational energy / frequency.
Likewise Bigfoot/Dogman/Nessie etc could be physical creatures from that other realm? or physical representations of spiritual energies from same?

That might explain much of the high strangeness, weird weather, strange lights, lack of physical evidence, difficulty to capture good photos/videos etc Who knows? (Well, I'm pretty sure that there are government depts who know or at least think that they know!)

Anyway, I think what I'm saying is that... we cannot look at these Missing 411 cases (along with Bigfoot/UFO's etc) and make conclusions using our own limited understanding of how things really are, and how things really work, because I strongly suspect that we know next to nothing in the grand scheme of things.
It's like trying to explain the concept of the colour fluorescent pink to a dog who only sees in blue and yellow! (He has neither the visual tools, nor the language skills to comprehend what is right in front of him.)
*I don't even know if that made any sense LOL, so I'll leave it here for now.

G

That is a possibility. And I just don't mean in the WooWoo sense. Maybe 500 years from now we will understand those things better. They will look back on us like we look back on people in the Dark Ages.
(06-15-2021, 03:51 AM)ABNARTY Wrote:

Good gravy! That's Bobo. Is he ill? I wonder what happened. 

As far as the DNA, I was discussing something similar with a Bigfooter by me. I asked him if he collected any possible DNA samples from an encounter he had. 

He made a good point. He asked me what it would be compared to. If we have no known Bigfoot DNA, how do we know what it looks like? That's why I think there is merit to the 'almost human' thing going on. 

An interview with Expedition Bigfoot's Dr. Mayer claims the sample they collected in Oregon this year has signals from the Genus of chimpanzees.

I know! Looks nothing like him from the TV series. [Image: aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cucG9kY2hhc2VyLmNvbS9pbWFn...ZS5wbmc%3D] to this [Image: 17966886009605d3c2494582f310f0f4.jpg]
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(06-14-2021, 11:58 AM)gordi Wrote: My own take on this is...

I think you are closer to the truth than you may realize.

There are several "paranormal phenomena" that are, on their face, disparate and unconnected, and yet I think they ARE connected, just not in an obvious or as yet scientifically discovered way.

There used to be a British TV series called "Primeval", and they were probably closer to truth than they realized, too, since it was a sci-fi series.

"UFOs". "bigfoot", "dogmen", ESP. "ghosts", even such unlikely things as "chupacabras" may all be, in a strange way, connected to one another without that connection being obvious yet.

When chupacabras, for example, first burst onto the scene out of nowhere in the 90's, I was pretty skeptical. No critters just suddenly start existing in built up and populated areas like Puerto Rico. Everything has a source, a precursor. But now, years later, I begin to wonder if that source or precursor, as well as chupacabras themselves among other cryptid things and paranormal stuff, may not actually have a source and a beginning... otherwhere, or otherwhen. They don't necessarily come from the same place - both "otherwhere" and "otherwhen" can cover quite a large patch of territory, even separate large patches of territories, in that they cover all points in time and space, and dimensions, that are not "here and now".

Some things, including just energies, "thoughts", may traverse those boundaries now and again.

Not everything has to come from somewhere else in out universe. Some of it may come from other universes altogether.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’