Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why would I even want to?
We live in a state where the governor refuses to back off of the majority of his Covid mandates. It sucks major ass and everyone is getting sick and tired of it. But guess what we can do? We can drive about 10 minutes and we are across the river and in another state where they have ended the majority of their Covid mandates!

Yesterday was so wonderful! We ate at a restaurant and I went into a store- with NO mask and NO social distancing! It was almost like the world had gone back to normal! I say almost because nearly half the people we saw were still wearing masks and distancing VOLUNTARILY. I'm okay with that- you do YOU as long as I can do ME!

Half of the people I know in my city have been doing the same, crossing the border to get back to a state of semi-normalcy. I suspect many more of the people I know here are also border hopping on the down low. It's really sort of a shame that so much money that could be supporting businesses in our state is going to our neighbor, but we are sick and tired of all the restrictions!

Sure, I could spend my money all here and let the gestapo control how I do business but why would I even want to? 

Take a good, hard look Governor Andy! Tax revenues that could be ours will continue to go to our neighbors until you wake the hell up and see the writing on the wall!
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
Mask mandates will be ending here at the end of the month, per Governor Lee. I guess he figured he may as well go ahead and open things up because most people stopped wearing a mask weeks and weeks ago. Many still do, but it's those who never read anything but Leftist papers/news or have time to look elsewhere that keep bending over. 

Just yesterday a friend and I went to a nice little restaurant in the mountains. I guess you could say it's a local tourist attraction with a view overlooking the valley. It was packed jam full and no one wore a mask inside or out. 
If I was told to put a mask on upon entering, I would have turned around and left. That's the craziest thing I've ever heard, asking a person to mask up until they get to their table, then they can take it off. Think about that!

Don't know if you're crossing over to my state, but if so, we appreciate your business.   tinybiggrin
(05-03-2021, 03:28 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Mask mandates will be ending here at the end of the month, per Governor Lee. I guess he figured he may as well go ahead and open things up because most people stopped wearing a mask weeks and weeks ago. Many still do, but it's those who never read anything but Leftist papers/news or have time to look elsewhere that keep bending over. 

Just yesterday a friend and I went to a nice little restaurant in the mountains. I guess you could say it's a local tourist attraction with a view overlooking the valley. It was packed jam full and no one wore a mask inside or out. 
If I was told to put a mask on upon entering, I would have turned around and left. That's the craziest thing I've ever heard, asking a person to mask up until they get to their table, then they can take it off. Think about that!

Don't know if you're crossing over to my state, but if so, we appreciate your business.   tinybiggrin

Not your state- we're only a hop across the river from Indiana. We will be passing through your state at the end of this month though on our way to Texas to pick up the grandgirl for the summer and to attend the grandboy's birthday party.

It is sooooo ironic that it was "safe" to have the Kentucky Derby in our city this past weekend but it is supposedly "not safe" for our local seniors to have their prom this year!

Here is Mayor Fucktard at the Derby. No mask, no social distancing.
Oh, the irony!

[Image: Mayor-Fucktard.jpg]

"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
@"GeauxHomeLittleD" 

Don't expect him to wake up.  He is in the grip of ideological mania.

Good you have a nearby release valve in the form of Indiana.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(05-03-2021, 04:01 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 03:28 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Mask mandates will be ending here at the end of the month, per Governor Lee. I guess he figured he may as well go ahead and open things up because most people stopped wearing a mask weeks and weeks ago. Many still do, but it's those who never read anything but Leftist papers/news or have time to look elsewhere that keep bending over. 

Not your state- we're only a hop across the river from Indiana. We will be passing through your state at the end of this month though on our way to Texas to pick up the grandgirl for the summer and to attend the grandboy's birthday party.

It is sooooo ironic that it was "safe" to have the Kentucky Derby in our city this past weekend but it is supposedly "not safe" for our local seniors to have their prom this year!

Here is Mayor Fucktard at the Derby. No mask, no social distancing.
Oh, the irony!

[Image: Mayor-Fucktard.jpg]

If you enter at the middle of the state, you won't get the true effect of how beautiful everything is. If you can, take a route that goes through the eastern side. It may take longer, but it'll be worth it.
@"Mystic Wanderer" 

We wont have time this go around but we have been through eastern Tennessee on our way to visit the in-laws several times as well as traveling in that mythical age known as "the time before children". Beautiful as long as you stay away from Knoxville as much as possible. 
(05-03-2021, 04:32 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"GeauxHomeLittleD" 

Don't expect him to wake up.  He is in the grip of ideological mania.

Good you have a nearby release valve in the form of Indiana.

Cheers

We're heading to Texas in about 3 weeks or so. No mandates that will effect us at all there, the only places you have to wear masks or social distance is in medical buildings and the police refuse to enforce any individual store rules where we're going so even the big chain stores have given up the mask charade. 

At first it was only conservative governors relaxing or ending Covid mandates but a few liberal governors have started jumping on the bandwagon as well- so I'm hoping ours is feeling the pressure, especially with 2 of our bordering states already raking in revenue that could and should be going to our state. They say money talks... 
(05-03-2021, 06:30 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: @"Mystic Wanderer" 

We wont have time this go around but we have been through eastern Tennessee on our way to visit the in-laws several times as well as traveling in that mythical age known as "the time before children". Beautiful as long as you stay away from Knoxville as much as possible. 

Knoxville is a nightmare! They always have road construction going on somewhere. I try to avoid it as much as possible too. Not really that close to me, but close enough. If I ever do have to travel though there, I stay on the interstate and refuse to exit off.   tinylaughing
We were in the same boat here - all sots of stupid covid rules that did nothing about covid but were just there to show us peons who ruled the roost, and tried to convince us that we'd better tow the line, or else...

So when restaurants re-opened in our neighbor to the south, folks from here were riding down there in droves to spend their money in another state. Even the Snowflakes who had, just a few months before, vociferously condemned the Free Folk for taking their vacations and "bringing the virus back" from them were going down south and across the state line to sit in a restaurant and eat. Oh the irony of it! I reckon it was just another case of "do as I say, not as I do" that the Left is so fond of.

I never wore a mask at all, except to go pick up Grace's medication. The folks there had no concept of law, and seemed not to understand "turn loose of me right now, coz I'm exempt in the EO!", so I would put one on as I went in the door, spend the 5 minutes or so to get the meds, then snatch it right back off going out the door. I NEVER wore one at restaurants or retail establishments, or anywhere else. Just the pharmacy, because it's real bad optics and super bad mojo to thrash medical staff and take what is your on your way out. They tend to take a dim view of that.

I NEVER wore one outdoors. That's just crazy. UV kills covid, sunlight is laden with UV, so why would I want to provide a shaded refuge from the UV for the covid right there on my face, right on my breathers where it was supposed to attack? Get outta here with that crap!

There is a street in Bristol VA/TN called State Street. The north side of the street is VA, the south side is TN, so folks on the VA side were just walking across the street for lunch, and their own eateries were languishing and dying on the vine, thanks to Gov, "Blackface" Northam and the Bristol City government. There was a big ruckus about that at the time in the newspapers.

I'm a Free Man. I will wear a mask where I want (generally only good for robbing banks and other nefarious criminal activities, though) and not wear one where I don't want. "They" ain't the bosses of me, nor are they my parents, so "They" can kiss my fuzzy ass if they don't like it.

Church Folks held services at the church at the bottom of my hill yesterday and the day before. First time since I've been here. They had a crew out there a few minutes ago pressure washing the church, so looks like they are getting back into the swing of things. I'm not a church going man, but I ain't above sitting out on my veranda with a sniper rifle to guard them from molestation by anyone, and by that I mean ANYONE, while they are about their own business. So, word to the wise, don't screw with the church folk within my eyesight, or scope sight, or several of us are going to have a very bad day. Anything worth fighting for is worth dying for, too. Freedom and rights are one of those things worth dying for if push comes to shove. So just don't push it and all will be well.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

"Mayor Fucktard"

tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing
@"GeauxHomeLittleD" 

I was delighted with this OP. It sounded so, you know, normal!

Quote:a shame that so much money that could be supporting businesses in our state is going to our neighbor, but we are sick and tired of all the restrictions!

Keep doing it. I encourage you to do it. Politicians know money, and also statistics. If money goes from one state to another, for an obvious reason, they will reconsider the mandates.
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(05-04-2021, 10:57 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: @"GeauxHomeLittleD" 

I was delighted with this OP. It sounded so, you know, normal!

Quote:a shame that so much money that could be supporting businesses in our state is going to our neighbor, but we are sick and tired of all the restrictions!

Keep doing it. I encourage you to do it. Politicians know money, and also statistics. If money goes from one state to another, for an obvious reason, they will reconsider the mandates.

Got some good news! Governor is announcing some easing of restrictions this Thursday, and he said the reason is to bring back money to Kentucky instead of giving it to other states! lol! 

Any little bit helps, but unless he does away with the mask mandate (which he wont) we will still be border hopping and I'm certain we wont be alone in that. 
GeauxHomeLittleD . . .

Off Topic: I listen to News Radio 840AM - Kentuckiana's News Weather and Traffic, to catch "Ground Zero" with Clyde Lewis. My only other radio option for that show is an AM station out of Cinci.