Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coming to a City Near YOU and Tax Payer Funded!
Fucking Ignorant California Liberal Democrat Pandering.
Quote:L.A. Set to Be Largest City to Offer Guaranteed Income for Poor

Who do YOU think is going to pay for this Bull-Shit, the Hollywood Elites?  tinysure

No, you the poor Tax Payer who doesn't have that option for an Over-seas Bank to hide your money and investments in.

Quote:(Bloomberg) -- Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti is proposing a guaranteed income program for poor residents, making it the largest U.S. city to test such a policy.

Garcetti will ask the City Council on Tuesday to set aside $24 million in next year’s budget to send $1,000 monthly payments to 2,000 low-income families in America’s second-largest city, the mayor said in an interview. Funds from council districts and other sources could bring the total to $35 million.

I've heard that people are already Running Out Of California and Destroying other States,,,,,,, Like Arizona!  tinyshouting 

You don't want the people from California moving to your state, they are Just STUPID, because they don't change their way of thinking and voting!

Stay In The State YOU Have Destroyed! 

Quote:Candidates for the one-year program would be selected from the city’s 15 districts, based on each area’s share of those living below federal poverty guidelines. Garcetti is targeting households with at least one minor, and suffering some hardship relating to the Covid-19 pandemic.

While the movement is nationwide, the magnitude of Los Angeles’s poverty, where one in five of Los Angeles’s nearly 4 million residents are barely able to make ends meet, puts a national spotlight on the program.

“How many decades are we going to keep fighting a war on poverty with the same old results,” Garcetti said. “This is one of the cheapest insertions of resources to permanently change people’s lives.”
Sopurce

You want to change peoples Live?  Force them to get an Education and not a Failure Award, force them to WORK at improving themselves Not living off others hard work.
We hope this Bull-Shit out of California is Not A Nationwide Movement! 
                                                                                                              middlefinger
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I hope they don't expect people to make it on $1,000/mo., especially with the rising cost on EVERYTHING!  Of course, if one is completely homeless in the streets already, I guess this would buy them a new tent and a new pair of shoes. 

Yeah, keep that crap over there in CA! The rest of America doesn't want you!   tinyok
(04-19-2021, 07:00 PM)guohua Wrote: We hope this Bull-Shit out of California is Not A Nationwide Movement! 
                                                                                                              middlefinger

It will be. It will go nationwide. Oakland CA already passed a similar program, LA is just trying to keep up. Nothing good ever came out of Oakland, but it leads the state in crazy - the rest of the state is just trying to keep up. California has, for a long time, tried and succeeded to influence the rest of the nation with their batshit craziness. Car emissions was the first strike, and that went nationwide. Not long ago, 2014 I think, they passed a law that all eggs sold in CA have to be "cage free" eggs. That's some shit right there - eggs don't care if they are in a cage or not. Anyhow, egg producers in other states had to go "cage free" to comply with CALIFORNIA law that was not THEIR state law in order to sell their eggs there. Hell, what they should have done was say "Ok, California - no eggs for you then. Eat condor eggs for all we care".

Now California is passing "microstamping" laws for all guns sold in CA. Gun manufacturers will either have to comply nationwide, or not sell their products in CA. Personally, I think they should just refuse to ship guns to CA, and let those bastards eat each other. I'm good with not shipping any more ammo there, either. That would leave more for the rest of us, and ease the ammo crunch we have going on here. It's already illegal in CA to buy ammo from across state lines, so just push that to the logical conclusion and don't ship any more there - problem solved.

Rather than kowtowing to California Craziness, the rest of the nation just needs to say "ok, you passed some dumbass laws, so we just ain't gonna sell you any of our shit that is illegal there. Look after yourselves, 'cause we ain't going to any more... and while we're talking, don't export any more of your people here. We'll just send them right back to you." And then some of the sane areas in Northern California could just seceded from CA and join to Oregon or Idaho, and tip those states' creeping insanity imbalance back towards sanity. You KNOW they'd want to, after California wasn't getting any more shit from the rest of the country...

You know, I got some 40 round AR magazines that were MADE in California that cannot be bought there, because they are over 10 rounds. Made by National Magazine, in CA, but the floor plates are Colt stamped. They ain't worth a damn anyhow. Instead of being aluminum, they are steel, and parkerized steel at that. Blued steel would have been better. The followers get stuck on the parkerizing inside the mag body, and they jam up like crazy. Bluing them instead of parkerizing them would have solved that problem. So I guess CA doesn't have any quality inspectors or engineers, either.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

I am not against helping folks out but this seems to do little but incentivizing more couch sitting. 

How about working with local businesses to help fund better paying jobs? 

The C19 checks and now this. There must be some amazing source of money out there that I am unaware of.
(04-20-2021, 02:48 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: The C19 checks and now this. There must be some amazing source of money out there that I am unaware of.

There is. It's called an "intaglio press", and it prints money day and night. Weimar Germany did that. The resultant inflation had people running. not walking, directly from work with their paychecks to the bank, before the money could devalue farther, and from the bank, taking wheelbarrows of cash, also at a dead run, to buy a loaf of bread at the store before the money could devalue even further. That's how fast the value of the Deutsch Mark was falling. Rhodesia did that, too, after Robert Mugabe took the country over and renamed it Zimbabwe. I have a Zimbabwe 50 cent piece, minted in 1980, the first year Zimbabwe issued money, that was eventually worth 1/50 billionth of it's face value. The metal in it is worth far more than the monetary value of it. that's how bad the inflation got in Zimbabwe under the tender ministrations of Mugabe.

BidenHarris and their pet congress are spending the US into an inflationary spiral, and out of existence. You don't have to take my word for it - just watch how prices rise as the value of the over-printed, over spent Congressional Dollar continues to plummet because too much cash is in circulation, far more than can be covered by any reserves of actual value. As the value reserves stay the same size, there is a lesser and lesser bit of it to cover each dollar printed, so the value of the dollar, per dollar, per "slice of reserve", drops. It gets spread too thin for the reserves to cover.

That is a part of the factor in rising gas prices, rising grocery prices, and even rising ammunition prices. Another part is pure human greed of the sellers. They control the flow, so they control the prices. last June, I spent 18.00 a box for 50 rounds of 9mm ammo. Same stuff, same brand, same bullet weight, same quantity now costs 60.00 a box. Also last June, I spent .36 cents a round for 5.56 SS109 (M855) ammo - the exact same stuff, same brand, same specs, costs 1.62 a round now. Even Russian Tula Arsenal ammo has increased in price by a factor of between 2X and 3X. I know they aren't paying the Tula Arsenal any of that extra price increase, so who is pocketing the difference? I spent $400 on 5.56 ammo last June, and that cache is worth $1800.00 now, but it's "value" to me is far higher than that. That's why I've buried it in several caches through these hills. It'll be there when I need it.

Buckle up - we're in for a hell of a ride!

Funding "higher paying jobs" does essentially the same thing - they have to print more money to cover all that higher pay, but the reserves backing the money stay the same size, so while the dollar amount of the job rises, the value of the total money earned at that job stays the same, and is spread out over those dollars, and prices continue to rise... but the point there is really moot, because they first have to CREATE jobs before they can offer higher pay to work them. They aren't creating any jobs, they are steadily taking out what jobs we have. On top of that, they're flooding the border with illegal aliens to make competition even harder for what jobs are left in the wake of their path of destruction. I am of the opinion that they are crashing the economy on purpose, to end the US and leave a power vacuum for China to fill, on orders directly from the CCP, who own BidenHarris and most of Congress.

I'm not sure the US can survive 4 years of BidenHarris, much less 8. But we had a good run while it lasted, didn't we?

I believe the only way to survive what is coming is to learn to barter, value for value of whatever you are bartering, and create those barter networks now, rather than later. I recommend produce and tangible items to create produce or make life easier. You can't eat gold or silver, so those will eventually be worthless except in certain circles that neither you nor I circulate in. Joe on the street, whom you are bartering with, will have no use for them, and therefore they will have no "value" to him. A "medium of exchange" holds only the value that the recipient places in it. Tangible goods hold more value, because people value eating more than they do rolling in piles of gold coins that they can't eat, when it comes right down to survival.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(04-20-2021, 03:45 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 02:48 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: The C19 checks and now this. There must be some amazing source of money out there that I am unaware of.

There is. It's called an "intaglio press", and it prints money day and night. Weimar Germany did that. The resultant inflation had people running. not walking, directly from work with their paychecks to the bank, before the money could devalue farther, and from the bank, taking wheelbarrows of cash, also at a dead run, to buy a loaf of bread at the store before the money could devalue even further. That's how fast the value of the Deutsch Mark was falling. Rhodesia did that, too, after Robert Mugabe took the country over and renamed it Zimbabwe. I have a Zimbabwe 50 cent piece, minted in 1980, the first year Zimbabwe issued money, that was eventually worth 1/50 billionth of it's face value. The metal in it is worth far more than the monetary value of it. that's how bad the inflation got in Zimbabwe under the tender ministrations of Mugabe.

BidenHarris and their pet congress are spending the US into an inflationary spiral, and out of existence. You don't have to take my word for it - just watch how prices rise as the value of the over-printed, over spent Congressional Dollar continues to plummet because too much cash is in circulation, far more than can be covered by any reserves of actual value. As the value reserves stay the same size, there is a lesser and lesser bit of it to cover each dollar printed, so the value of the dollar, per dollar, per "slice of reserve", drops. It gets spread too thin for the reserves to cover.

That is a part of the factor in rising gas prices, rising grocery prices, and even rising ammunition prices. Another part is pure human greed of the sellers. They control the flow, so they control the prices. last June, I spent 18.00 a box for 50 rounds of 9mm ammo. Same stuff, same brand, same bullet weight, same quantity now costs 60.00 a box. Also last June, I spent .36 cents a round for 5.56 SS109 (M855) ammo - the exact same stuff, same brand, same specs, costs 1.62 a round now. Even Russian Tula Arsenal ammo has increased in price by a factor of between 2X and 3X. I know they aren't paying the Tula Arsenal any of that extra price increase, so who is pocketing the difference? I spent $400 on 5.56 ammo last June, and that cache is worth $1800.00 now, but it's "value" to me is far higher than that. That's why I've buried it in several caches through these hills. It'll be there when I need it.

Buckle up - we're in for a hell of a ride!

Funding "higher paying jobs" does essentially the same thing - they have to print more money to cover all that higher pay, but the reserves backing the money stay the same size, so while the dollar amount of the job rises, the value of the total money earned at that job stays the same, and is spread out over those dollars, and prices continue to rise... but the point there is really moot, because they first have to CREATE jobs before they can offer higher pay to work them. They aren't creating any jobs, they are steadily taking out what jobs we have. On top of that, they're flooding the border with illegal aliens to make competition even harder for what jobs are left in the wake of their path of destruction. I am of the opinion that they are crashing the economy on purpose, to end the US and leave a power vacuum for China to fill, on orders directly from the CCP, who own BidenHarris and most of Congress.

I'm not sure the US can survive 4 years of BidenHarris, much less 8. But we had a good run while it lasted, didn't we?

I believe the only way to survive what is coming is to learn to barter, value for value of whatever you are bartering, and create those barter networks now, rather than later. I recommend produce and tangible items to create produce or make life easier. You can't eat gold or silver, so those will eventually be worthless except in certain circles that neither you nor I circulate in. Joe on the street, whom you are bartering with, will have no use for them, and therefore they will have no "value" to him. A "medium of exchange" holds only the value that the recipient places in it. Tangible goods hold more value, because people value eating more than they do rolling in piles of gold coins that they can't eat, when it comes right down to survival.

I live in a rural area. Lots of people already utilize some form of barter. Trades. Stuff gets sold and resold all the time. I think they will be OK.
(04-20-2021, 02:58 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: I live in a rural area. Lots of people already utilize some form of barter. Trades. Stuff gets sold and resold all the time. I think they will be OK.

Yup, they will. Rural folks are much better equipped to survive it than urban folks are. Cities started out as trading centers, then morphed into defensive cooperatives, then went back to trading centers before slowly sliding off into the shitholes they are today. Ever wonder why nearly every city has a river running through it? Because it started out as a trading center, and water was the best way to move goods to market before the superhighway era. Their biggest function today seems to be as financial centers, but they cannot survive without preying on the countryside outside of themselves, and they tend to collect the most helpless among us when it comes to simple survival - which is why the "guaranteed minimum income" is starting to take hold in them. Urban areas have neither the resources nor the know-how nor the will to actually support themselves without that predatory inclination.

Rural folks have the countryside to farm and hunt, many or possibly most still have the know-how to do so, and far fewer predators among them. And they still know how to cooperate to get things done. Everything the cities produce or consume started out as raw materials they had to somehow get from the countryside.

The biggest challenges to country folks will be re-learning some things they have forgotten over time, and preventing urban predators from raiding them out of existence. When the urban centers can no longer feed themselves, and rural production has dropped to the point that they can no longer feed the urbanites, well, folks do some hinky shit when they get hungry enough. Nearly everyone defaults back to their basic nature when they chips are down, The basic nature of country folks is cooperative within their own communities, looking out for their own, and the basic nature of urban folks is predatory, every man for himself. So, rural people will have to see to their own defense when the urban people come calling. The basics are that rural folks will have to hinder vehicular traffic out of the cities, and put the urban people on foot, then employ hindrances to foot travel. A hungry man won't walk much more than 3 days in general, and making that journey tougher is discouraging enough that most go looking for easier routes or easier prey. Some would still show up, but not nearly as many. the objective is to keep them from showing up in masses, like locusts. Single folks and small groups are easier to handle when they are in unfamiliar territory than armies are. Rural folks have a better chance of out-massing smaller groups by putting the call out through the countryside.

This is some seriously depressing, post-apocalyptic shit. A better course of action would be to prevent it, and that means getting the current crop of idiots out of office and putting a different crop of idiots in, preferably less Marxist in their idiocy. For dealing with non-office holding idiots, like BLM and Antifa, there is already a strong undercurrent of discontent arrayed against them, and it seems to be spreading and moving in the direction of an "underground" of sorts to combat their stupidity.

Cross your fingers and hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

(04-20-2021, 02:48 AM)ABNARTY Wrote:  There must be some amazing source of money out there that I am unaware of.

there is, it's called a printing press.

ETA: Ninurta best me to it. tinyok
[Image: TWBB.png]