Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Talk Me Out Of It
Thanks for pics. Love the colors. 
tinybiggrin
(07-25-2020, 12:32 PM)Tarzan the apeman. Wrote: Thanks for pics. Love the colors. 
tinybiggrin

Old ladies love sharing pics. It may have something to do with stimulating fading cognition.  minusculebeercheers

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

You have chosen wisely.

tinybiggrin
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(07-25-2020, 12:32 PM)Tarzan the apeman. Wrote: Thanks for pics. Love the colors. 
tinybiggrin

Since you opened the door.....

This is what trouble looks like. Never let the sweet innocent face fool you.

Bedtime ritual will have to be changed. They want to play all night and Mother is the playground. Around 1:30 am Mom had enough and had to put Sylvester in the carrier. Tonight we will try Sylvester sleeping in my room. Curious to see if they calm down by the end of the day. 

[Image: Trouble-2-2.jpg]        [Image: Trouble-3.jpg]

• minusculebeercheers 

(07-25-2020, 02:30 PM)beez Wrote: You have chosen wisely.

tinybiggrin

I hope you are right.   tinyfunny

• minusculebeercheers 

A fine pair of little bandits!

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

Thumbs Up 
Look who came to visit.  Brother Tom! Boy was it like Christmas morning. They had the full run of the house and they had an absolute ball.

Tom is so big! 

[Image: 20200725-142011.jpg]

He is also the laziest. 

Sylvester and Enoch have calmed down now. My neighbor is so smart. @MysticWanderer you were right. After Tom came, Sylvester chose a site to call his own, but to claim it he had to protect it. So he just lied there and prevented his brothers from sharing it until they gave up. 

So now he has settled in a bit.

• minusculebeercheers 

(07-25-2020, 08:23 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Look who came to visit.  Brother Tom! Boy was it like Christmas morning. They had the full run of the house and they had an absolute ball.

Tom is so big! 

He is also the laziest. 

Sylvester and Enoch have calmed down now. My neighbor is so smart. @MysticWanderer you were right. After Tom came Sylvester chose a site to call his own, but to claim it he had to protect it. So he just lied there and prevented his brothers from sharing it until they gave up. 

Of course I was right.   tinylaughing  It comes from having cats inside most of my life.

I miss the three kittens my daughter now has. What a bunch of fur-ball energy they were!  They would all three go chasing each other through the house, jumping over tables and knocking everything off. I ended up having to put all my knickknacks away so they wouldn't be broken.  You just about have to "baby proof" your house until they get about two years old. They start to calm down a little by then.  Key words there are "a little". 

Before my daughter took the kittens, they managed to break one of my lamps, scratch up my kitchen rug, ruined a pair of bedroom curtains and blinds, and I ended up having to move the coffee table out of the living room because it had glass shelves; I didn't want them broken.

I hope you have better luck.   tinybighuh
(07-25-2020, 08:57 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 08:23 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Look who came to visit.  Brother Tom! Boy was it like Christmas morning. They had the full run of the house and they had an absolute ball.

Tom is so big! 

He is also the laziest. 

Sylvester and Enoch have calmed down now. My neighbor is so smart. @MysticWanderer you were right. After Tom came Sylvester chose a site to call his own, but to claim it he had to protect it. So he just lied there and prevented his brothers from sharing it until they gave up. 

Of course I was right.   tinylaughing  It comes from having cats inside most of my life.

I miss the three kittens my daughter now has. What a bunch of fur-ball energy they were!  They would all three go chasing each other through the house, jumping over tables and knocking everything off. I ended up having to put all my knickknacks away so they wouldn't be broken.  You just about have to "baby proof" your house until they get about two years old. They start to calm down a little by then.  Key words there are "a little". 

Before my daughter took the kittens, they managed to break one of my lamps, scratch up my kitchen rug, ruined a pair of bedroom curtains and blinds, and I ended up having to move the coffee table out of the living room because it had glass shelves; I didn't want them broken.

I hope you have better luck.   tinybighuh

You would have cracked up if you could have seen me grabbing up all the tchotchkes and packing them away.

They  were much calmer after a couple of hours, and even more calmer now. Two of the Huskies pay them no attention. One is curious, and one is a freaking mental mess. Bellah has Peter Pan syndrome. She wants to play all the time, and gets angry with the others because they don't want to play. She has a mental breakdown watching them play and she can't. It doesn't help that they teased her by walking on her crate.

• minusculebeercheers 

Good news and bad news.

The two have settled down. Sylvester has claimed his spot, and he is super protective of it, even with the dogs. He likes the chest next to the couch were I do most of my computer work. Enoch likes to lay in the space behind my computer in the office.

Sylvester is not crazy about the dogs but he is getting used to them, and us. He comes and claims a spot in my lap when he chooses,and walks around like he owns the place. They both slept at Mother's side in a yin yang position last night. No running and bouncing off of her, they all slept well.

Now for the bad news. The owner is making noises about maybe giving it another try with Sylvester in two weeks. I told my neighbor he will have to take him now, because there is no way I am keeping him, getting him used to us, getting Enoch used to having him around, and then have to give him up in two weeks. I told him I didn't think it would be fair to either kitten. I was going to give him back last night, but my neighbor asked me to hold on. He is supposed to talk to her again today and he will let me know what they arrange.

So this may be the last day that Sylvester is with us, but it was a joyful time.

Sly in his favorite spot. I moved my papers for him, now it is his.

[Image: My-Space.jpg]
Enoch likes my junkie office desk

[Image: Desk.jpg]

I guess they have to make sure I am doing my work and stay on task. They don't have a whip like @guohua, but they have the claws. minusculebiggrin
@guohua

• minusculebeercheers 

This makes me sad.  I hope you get to keep Sly. Enoch really needs a buddy to play with while he's a kitten. Believe me, once Sly is gone you're going to have a very needy kitten on your hands. He'll aggravate you to death wanting all your attention and wanting you to play with him.

As you know, kittens have lots of energy, and get bored easily playing by themselves.
(07-26-2020, 04:03 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: This makes me sad.  I hope you get to keep Sly. Enoch really needs a buddy to play with while he's a kitten. Believe me, once Sly is gone you're going to have a very needy kitten on your hands. He'll aggravate you to death wanting all your attention and wanting you to play with him.

As you know, kittens have lots of energy, and get bored easily playing by themselves.

It has been great having him here. I don't think the young lady is ready for a kitten. She would be better off rescuing an older cat. She is too easily frustrated, those are her words, and she is just a kitten herself. Joking, but she is 24 years old, and has never had a pet of her own.

Kittens are furry balls of excess energy, unless they are sleeping. Then they are just recharging.

• minusculebeercheers 

So it is supposedly final. The lady says she plans to come take him back. So Sylvester will be leaving us by the end of the day.

I know I am going to have an overly needy kitten on my hands, but he was a needy kitten before, and he will get used to being single again soon enough.

I will take him over to visit with his brother Tom and his mother on occasion.

I already miss Sylvester and he hasn't even left yet.

• minusculebeercheers 

@"NightskyeB4Dawn" 

Feel for you.  Those little animals grow on one quickly.  Poor Syl, moved around like a sack of potatoes.

Cheers

(07-26-2020, 05:11 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: So it is supposedly final. The lady says she plans to come take him back. So Sylvester will be leaving us by the end of the day.

I know I am going to have an overly needy kitten on my hands, but he was a needy kitten before, and he will get used to being single again soon enough.

I will take him over to visit with his brother Tom and his mother on occasion.

I already miss Sylvester and he hasn't even left yet.

tinyshocked    tinycrying
Came back to add that Sylvester has left. The wife of my neighbor came to get him. She said she told the lady she would try to train him for her. She is supposed to take her the cat back in two weeks. She is not crazy about the idea, but the young girl is her niece.

I asked her what she was going to do if her niece brought the cat back again, she said she didn't know, she says she already has too many cats and she did not want another one. I told her if her niece brought Sylvester back, I would take him again, but she would have to agree that it would be final.

I don't think Enoch knows he is gone because he does not seem to be affected. I am hoping that is because he is used to visiting with his brother Tom and coming home. He is stretched out beside me again like he normally does, but had not done while Sylvester was here. Maybe he does know.

• minusculebeercheers 

(07-26-2020, 06:06 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"NightskyeB4Dawn" 

Feel for you.  Those little animals grow on one quickly.  Poor Syl, moved around like a sack of potatoes.

Cheers

I agree, and they are setting him up to fail. I don't know why she thinks she is going to be able to train a kitten that is going to another house. It might learn what it can't do in the Aunt's house, but she is still going to have to train the cat. She will be right back where she started. It is unrealistic. Even my neighbor says that the niece is going to become frustrated and loose her interest in the cat and will want to bring the cat back again. His wife said her niece asked her to get the cat back for her, and she didn't know what else to do. So I am backing out of this family drama.

Happy note though is that Enoch is right back to his normal behavior, without missing a beat. He is lying right now in Mother's lap. Again something he didn't do when Sylvester was here.

• minusculebeercheers 

Update.

I don't know what happened to Sylvester. There was a lot of drama going on about him and Kit Kat, the mother. I try to stay as far away from it as possible. The last I heard was they were going to stay with the niece's grandfather, until she made up her mind. I have made it clear that two weeks is my cut off mark. If she decides in two weeks not to take him back I will take him. If after two weeks she tries to extend the time line, then I will not be able to take him. I don't think she really wants him, so I don't know why she is fixated on a two week delay before taking him back.

In the mean time Enoch has been an angel. As much of an angel as a kitten can be. He tries to play alpha with the dogs, and they just look at him like you look at the brother or sister, that was just a little bit "special".  He is still our shadow. Hr greets visitors as if they came just to see him, knows his meal times, and announces them with Swiss clock accuracy. Still follows mother like he is a puppy, but is very creative and independent in his play. His favorite toys are the strainer from the bathroom sinks, the tails of the Huskies, a 75 cent cheap raggedy mouse, my glasses, and mother's lap.

It is still wickedly spooky how responsive he is to the call of his name. You can call "Spot" all day and his ears won't even twitch. But call "Enoch" from any room, even from the porch, and he comes running lickity split. I just bought some kitty treats yesterday, I am toying with the idea of training him like the dogs, since he comes so well on command.

Oh! He is also very vocal, and loud! Even his purr is loud. He sounds like a percolator that runs on a diesel engine, and you can hear him from another room. My house is the noisiest house on the block, with all my sassy, loud, critters. They keep me busy, try my patience, and fill the house with love and laughter, so I consider myself blessed.

• minusculebeercheers 

Good that Enoch is adjusting.  Bad deal for Syl, poor little fellow.  I understand why you're keeping distance from the drama.

Cheers

Just wanted to share this pic. Mom was looking for Enoch because he wasn't underneath her like usual. She asked me if I had seen him. I told her no, I was in the middle of a webinar. The next thing I hear is my Mom calling me, telling me to come quick. I find her at Goliath's crate and there he was lying in the the crate next to Goliath. By the time I grabbed the camera he was up and ready to follow Mom again.

[Image: In-With-Goliath-2.jpg]

It is a lousy pic, but I didn't have time to focus or anything. Wished I had gotten the shot of them lying side by side looking like they were watching the TV.

• minusculebeercheers