Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We're fake news
At least, according to the (ahem) dailydot.  #101 on their list, as of April.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/fake-news...-facebook/

I haven't seen anyone here trying to push bogus reports as "news".  A lot of topics being discussed with a variety of opinions.

These kind of labels and accusations are absurd.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

I note that A T S isn't there?????
LOL

G

PS - Which threads on our site actually contain Fake news? or advertising? or click-bait? or???
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(06-29-2020, 03:47 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: At least, according to the (ahem) dailydot.  #101 on their list, as of April.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/fake-news...-facebook/

I haven't seen anyone here trying to push bogus reports as "news".  A lot of topics being discussed with a variety of opinions.

These kind of labels and accusations are absurd.

Cheers

It's a concerted effort to outlaw opinions.

And when you outlaw opinions, only outlaws will be able to opine.

tinybiggrin
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
So Rogue-Nation3 made the fake news list. What about that?!   smalltappingfoot

Someone needs to tell them we aren't a "news site". We come here to share ideas, stories, and debate our opinions on said stories and ideas.

I tell you what, if some of those "journalists" would spend as much time in tracking down a REAL story instead spending it on smearing other's work, something true might get reported.

"They" have all kinds of hit pieces out about Q too. So when I see a site, or person, getting bashed too heavily, I know they (the site getting smeared) must be spreading too much truth. It's how the deep state plays.

I'll let Nancy explain it:  

The accusation appears on other sites as well.  The usual thing -- incorrect notions repeated ad infinitum.  RN3 must be on someone's radar scope.

Cheers

Quote:only outlaws will be able to opine

They want us subordinate so that we may only supine ... tinyok 

Cheers

That original Fake News Site list was complied by:

Melissa “Mish” Zimdars

Assistant Professor, Communication and Media, Merrimack College, North Andover, MA.

Tel: 978-837-5000

Email:  zimdarsm@merrimack.edu

Oh look:
There she is!
[Image: 18254_MelissaZimdars.rev.1517947654.jpg]

On the original list, Ms Zimdars applies various tags to the sites which she feels don't offer "Real" news.
The tag that she applied to RN3 was "FAKE"
And her description of that tag reads thus:

Quote:Fake News (tag fake): Sources that entirely fabricate information, disseminate deceptive content, or grossly distort actual news reports. 

I'd REALLY like to know which information we "fabricated", which content was "deceptive" or which news reports were "grossly distorted"??

G
Why do I think she's got your Scottish ire up, Gordi? tinybiggrin 

Yeah, it is irritating.  They're burning this and other sites.  Bet no one contacted site ownership here for comments or clarification.

More propaganda.

Cheers

(06-29-2020, 04:13 PM)gordi Wrote: That original Fake News Site list was complied by:

Melissa “Mish” Zimdars

Assistant Professor, Communication and Media, Merrimack College, North Andover, MA.

Oh look:
There she is!

On the original list, Ms Zimdars applies various tags to the sites which she feels don't offer "Real" news.

Quote:Fake News (tag fake): Sources that entirely fabricate information, disseminate deceptive content, or grossly distort actual news reports. 

I'd REALLY like to know which information we "fabricated", which content was "deceptive" or which news reports were "grossly distorted"??

G

I'd like to get some Anons to digging on her and the company she works for.
Usually, places like this (and her) always have ties or funding from someone in the deep state.
Usually it leads back to George Soros, or the Clinton Foundation.

ETA: Well, that didn't take long.  Read about her below.

Academic left-wing fascist Melissa “Mish” Zimdars behind authoritarian attempt to blacklist all conservative news outlets by labeling them “unreliable” … but fake news NYT, CNN, WashPost all given thumbs up
(06-29-2020, 04:13 PM)gordi Wrote: That original Fake News Site list was complied by:

Melissa “Mish” Zimdars

Oh look:
There she is!

G

My unicorn (named Jeffery) verifies that she's full of shit!

tinybiggrin
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(06-29-2020, 04:25 PM)beez Wrote:

Melissa “Mish” Zimdars

Oh look:
There she is!

G

My unicorn (named Jeffery) verifies that she's full of shit!

tinybiggrin

Your unicorn is correct:  Source

Included among the 515 media outlets on Poynter’s blacklist, which the school has since retracted after it sparked massive controversy, is none other than Natural News. Also featured on Poynter’s blacklist are Breitbart News, Project Veritas, Zero Hedge, LifeSiteNews, and Judicial Watch, all of which have played some part in exposing the corruption of the deep state and its fake-news mouthpieces, hence why they’re being targeted.
apparently she needs to ask for her money back from where ever she got her phd from. cause she sure doesn't know a news site real or fake from a discussion board.

funny how abc cnn and msnb are not on the list.
Her piece was not only propaganda, but in the case of RN3, outright libel.  No one here claims to be a journalist.

Cheers

Ridiculous and kind of Strange!

I think Conspiracies for the most part, are seen as default ''fake'', I know as soon as I talk to a non conspiracy person about conspiracies, they dismiss everything and start looking at you like you're crazy. It's normal for us, but to most people none of it is real, even the plausible stuff.

Secondly, politics ... lets be honest, most people opposite you think your take/criticisms/reporting are ''fake'', no matter how many nuggets of truth there is in the topic/discussion. There's a lot of bullshit out there too, so rather than do the hard work and go point by point, we see blanket accusations and statements as standard, and they are eaten up til they come back at us, then we don't like it.
Then there are just point blank agendas!

This kind of tactic doesn't help though, labeling anything and everything so easily because you are unwilling to use a little brain matter, or disagree with something, then sending it out for your desired audience. Now that is a huge part of the problem if you ask me.
(06-29-2020, 04:50 PM)Moonmagic Wrote: Ridiculous and kind of Strange!

I think Conspiracies for the most part, are seen as default ''fake'', I know as soon as I talk to a non conspiracy person about conspiracies, they dismiss everything and start looking at you like you're crazy. It's normal for us, but to most people none of it is real, even the plausible stuff...

My main gripe with this particular piece is that Ms Zimdars (really?) tagged our site as "FAKE" and then actually specifically defined the FAKE Tag as:

Fake News (tag fake): Sources that entirely fabricate information, disseminate deceptive content, or grossly distort actual news reports. 

WTAF?

G
They just provided me with a list of places I would probably like to visit!!
tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing
(06-29-2020, 04:59 PM)gordi Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 04:50 PM)Moonmagic Wrote: Ridiculous and kind of Strange!

I think Conspiracies for the most part, are seen as default ''fake'', I know as soon as I talk to a non conspiracy person about conspiracies, they dismiss everything and start looking at you like you're crazy. It's normal for us, but to most people none of it is real, even the plausible stuff...

My main gripe with this particular piece is that Ms Zimdars (really?) tagged our site as "FAKE" and then actually specifically defined the FAKE Tag as:

Fake News (tag fake): Sources that entirely fabricate information, disseminate deceptive content, or grossly distort actual news reports. 

WTAF?

G

Yes, it's actually ridiculous gordi, the definition used is nonsense, we know it! but it works for them unfortunately! especially considering this is a Forum of members opinions and such, and not a bloody news site full of journalists.

I think they kind of exposed themselves there no? to any rational person.
Actually they are there on the list:

abovetopsecret.com
conspiracy
rumor

-- Hal 
Only sites with the "Stalin stamp of approval" tell the truth.
(06-29-2020, 05:11 PM)halwesten Wrote: Actually they are there on the list:

abovetopsecret.com
conspiracy
rumor

Hi Hal,
I see them appearing on the full original list, but not in the article that was linked here in the OP?

The list in the OP link goes alphabetically straight from:

3. Abcnews.com.co
to
4. Alternativemediasyndicate.com

Am I reading it incorrectly?
G