Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Ghost (hopefully not a demon) Experience
Here goes, my one and only experience with a ghost, or what I perceived to be a ghost.

When I was twelve, my mom's aunt lived with us for a few years.  She was old, sickly, and slowly losing her mind, but an extremely good person.

I went to go play hockey a few blocks away with some neighborhood friends, and as I'm on my way back it looks like an ambulance was pulling away from my house but I was too far away to be sure. 

Sure enough, I get back and my mom tells me her aunt got sick so they're taking her to the hospital. A few days after that she sat my sister and I down and told us she passed away.

Maybe a week or two later, I'm lying in bed with my cat laying on my chest like he always did.  Behind my headboard are sliding closet doors.  I'm petting him, he's purring, and all of a sudden his head darts to a point above my head, runs up my chest claws and all, launches himself into the doors and darts out of the room.

I chalked that up to him being a typical schizo cat, even though he was older and wasn't really like that.  It might have been the next night or the night after, but he didn't come to sleep with me. 

I'm lying there trying to doze off, when all of a sudden, I felt the unmistakable feeling of something heavy sitting on my bed next to my knee.  I was paralyzed with fear for I don't know how long...10 seconds? 3 minutes?

When I was able to move, I sprinted downstairs and slept on the couch for a week or two.  I didn't learn for many months after that that my moms' aunt died in the house.  I never experienced anything like that ever again.

How about anybody here, has anyone ever experienced something sitting next to you that wasn't there?
@"Schmoe1" 
Actually Yes.
I have two aunts that follow me and I can even talk to them.
They are from my Mother side of my family, Both are Mongolian.
Both are ancient and have No desire to be reborn.

But then My form of Religion is the belief in my Ancestors and their power to help and guide us.
I also have seen my husband's father who lived with us for 12 years before he passed, he was 94 years old.
My husband's Father was a Good Man an Honest Man.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(06-28-2020, 08:25 AM)guohua Wrote: @"Schmoe1" 
Actually Yes.

But then My form of Religion is the belief in my Ancestors and their power to help and guide us.
I also have seen my husband's father who lived with us for 12 years before he passed, he was 94 years old.

You can speak to them?  As in a regular conversation?

I was raised Roman Catholic, but I never paid it much mind, something about it just never sat well with me.  I believe in God or some form of God....it all had to come from something at some point.

I've questioned God at numerous points in my life, mainly wondering if this existence is all we get.  I was paralyzed with fear when something sat on my bed, but if I saw a ghost today I'd be filled with joy because then I'd know for sure there is something waiting for us.
@"Schmoe1" Hey there - nice to see you posting and sharing!

I haven't had the "something sitting on the bed" experience, or (strictly speaking) a traditional "ghost" one, but I have had a "Sleep Paralysis" type event before and THAT was sh*t scary as f*ck!!!!

At our little Holiday Flat, I'm all alone one night...

Waking up with my inner alarm bells ringing LOUD!!! SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG!!!
Cold Sweat.... Chills.... Hair on arms and back of my neck sticking up.... Feelings of DREAD..... and then, I hear it...

Something HUGE is moving back and forth in the hallway, just on the other side of my bedroom door.
I can FEEL its movements, I can hear it's heavy breaths... closest thing I can think of is like a HUGE BULL... snorting?

I am paralysed.
I have managed to open my eyes but they are fixed to one spot on my ceiling.
I am TERRIFIED beyond belief!

Then... I feel it moving.... I sense that it's IN the room now, but my door hasn't opened?????
It slowly... "drifts" past the bottom of my bed and glides towards the bedroom window.
No noise now.... just a very strong sense of an evil energy, silently gliding across the foot of my bed...
... and then.... the feeling completely changed.
The evil presence was no longer there.
The terror lifted immediately! (Like flicking a switch) and I was able to move.
I slowly cast my eyes to the window... then across the room to the door.... and all was well. Nothing to see at all.
No trace of anything out of the ordinary.
VERY SCARY at the time and I had to get up and make coffee, start my day despite it only being about 4am!!

The window leads to the front entrance to an old church btw. (I have no idea if that's relevant.)

I have another story (or two) to share, but will do so.... another time!

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(06-28-2020, 08:47 AM)gordi Wrote: @"Schmoe1" Hey there - nice to see you posting and sharing!

I haven't had the "something sitting on the bed" experience, or (strictly speaking) a traditional "ghost" one, but I have had a "Sleep Paralysis" type event before and THAT was sh*t scary as f*ck!!!!

At our little Holiday Flat, I'm all alone one night...

Waking up with my inner alarm bells ringing LOUD!!! SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG!!!
Cold Sweat.... Chills.... Hair on arms and back of my neck sticking up.... Feelings of DREAD..... and then, I hear it...

Something HUGE is moving back and forth in the hallway, just on the other side of my bedroom door.
I can FEEL its movements, I can hear it's heavy breaths... closest thing I can think of is like a HUGE BULL... snorting?

I am paralysed.
I have managed to open my eyes but they are fixed to one spot on my ceiling.
I am TERRIFIED beyond belief!

Then... I feel it moving.... I sense that it's IN the room now, but my door hasn't opened?????
It slowly... "drifts" past the bottom of my bed and glides towards the bedroom window.
No noise now.... just a very strong sense of an evil energy, silently gliding across the foot of my bed...
... and then.... the feeling completely changed.
The evil presence was no longer there.
The terror lifted immediately! (Like flicking a switch) and I was able to move.
I slowly cast my eyes to the window... then across the room to the door.... and all was well. Nothing to see at all.
No trace of anything out of the ordinary.
VERY SCARY at the time and I had to get up and make coffee, start my day despite it only being about 4am!!

The window leads to the front entrance to an old church btw. (I have no idea if that's relevant.)

I have another story (or two) to share, but will do so.... another time!

G

I've done some reading into sleep paralysis, my takeaway was...NOPE!!  No thanks, get lost, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

That is some terrifying shit, paralyzed in bed with a goddamned demon sitting on your chest.  I've heard stories that range from sort of funny to hair-whitening terror.  I've also heard of sleep paralysis angels.

They say it's only your imagination or something to do with REM sleep maybe, but why are sooo many people experiencing the same things?
@"Schmoe1" 

.... Exactly!

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(06-28-2020, 08:46 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote:
Actually Yes.

I was raised Roman Catholic, but I never paid it much mind, something about it just never sat well with me.  I believe in God or some form of God....it all had to come from something at some point.

I've questioned God at numerous points in my life, mainly wondering if this existence is all we get.  I was paralyzed with fear when something sat on my bed, but if I saw a ghost today I'd be filled with joy because then I'd know for sure there is something waiting for us.

God, I have no belief in, remember I was raised in Communist China Under Chairman Mao.

But, yes I can hear and when they slow down their Vibration enough I can see them very slightly, like a wisp of a faint shadow.
I understand their language and I see things they want me to take notice of.

It is the religion of many peoples in China it is called Ancestor Worship.
(06-28-2020, 09:28 AM)guohua Wrote:
Actually Yes.

God, I have no belief in, remember I was raised in Communist China Under Chairman Mao.

But, yes I can hear and when they slow down their Vibration enough I can see them very slightly, like a wisp of a faint shadow.

Do you think them  slowing down their vibration goes along with Resonance Theory of Consciousness?

If our souls within our bodies vibrate 5-10hz, and they're at something like 50hz, they could slow their vibrations to manifest to us?  Sort of like tuning to our station?

I'm new to all this, if you couldn't tell.  I also hadn't heard of Ancestor Worship, I have some reading to do so thanks!
Yeah, I have.

Now, first you have to understand that I've dealt with spooks nearly all my life, so they don't "spook" me any more like they do normal folk. I can make them "go away", but normally don't unless they're bothering folks too much. My theory is that everyone and everyTHING has to be somewhere, so I won't run 'em off unless they get bothersome.

So the tale that relates to yours is this:

In about 2011, I was living in an old brick 2 story house on Rauhut Street in Burlington, NC. I was working 3rd shift security at the time, 12 hour shifts Friday through Monday morning. One Saturday, after I got off work, I went home and went upstairs to lay down where normal household noises wouldn't disturb me. This is the same room in that attic my son used to sleep in, and where he claimed he had seen "things" - an old woman specifically, who would just stand there a couple minutes and then fade out.

So I had just laid down in the bed, and in a couple minutes I felt the other side of the bed "sink", like someone had laid down on it. Thinking my wife at the time might have come up to lay down with me a while, I rolled my head over my shoulder to make sure it was her... but there was no one, and no thing, there. So I rolled my head back the other way where it was more comfortable, and I said right out loud "Don't know who you are, don't care. You stay on your side of the bed, and it'll all be good, but if you come over here, you're about to have more trouble than you can handle" and I closed my eyes to go to sleep. Maybe 30 seconds or a minute later, I felt the bed rise back up again like someone was getting out of it, and that was the end of that. No more trouble. I went on to sleep and slept like a baby until it was time to get up.

The house was odd. Apparently an old black couple had lived there, and had died in the house of old age. We had hardwood floors, and I used to find teeth laying in the middle of the dining room floor. That happened 3 or 4 times, never did figure out where the teeth came from. Some times, even though no one was cooking anything, you could smell pork chops cooking. I did find an old picture of an old black guy on top of one of the cabinets in the bathroom, and there was a tooth, a molar, laid up there with it.

I recall one night seeing something that looked like a big white cotton ball, about the size of a basketball, rolling along the hallway floor while I was in bed. I thought my daughter's rabbit had got loose, and went to catch it and put it back in it's cage, but couldn't find it... until I looked in it's cage, where it had been the whole time, unless it had figured out how to fasten and unfasten the cage whenever it wanted out, which I find doubtful.

My son swore an old woman lived in the attic, and he would see her sometimes. He said she lived in the crawl space on either side of the bedroom up there.

The whole lot of us piled into the van and went shopping one evening, and when we came home, there was a pyramid stacked up in the bathroom right in front of the toilet made out of shampoo bottles and the like stacked in a neat pyramid.

I was laying on the couch one night, watching TV, and caught motion out of the corner of my eye. When I looked to see who was up, there was a very tall figure gliding down the hallway towards the back door dressed in a black hooded robe, hood up over it's head, with red trim on the robe. It vanished before I could get ahold of it. I saw the same thing one evening towards twilight outside, gliding past the kitchen window.

I got up one morning and found something that looked like runes scratched into the hardwood floor in the dining room, right in from of one of my dog's crates.

Yup, it was an odd house. Whatever was there never did bother me - it was more like it was trying to scare me, and when it couldn't it was like "Fuck! What do I do now? How am I supposed to ramp this up enough to scare him?" The tall thing in the robe didn't get it done, and when that didn't work, it just set about trying to scare everyone else in the house... but by then, I didn't give a shit if they were scared or not. That sounds callous, but our oldest daughter was bringing weird people in and playing with Ouija boards and shit, so I told her to stop that shit, and when she didn't, I told her whatever she brought in could have her - I wasn't gonna do a damned thing about it if she was gonna insist on importing it.

At least one thing followed her when she left. I have a recording somewhere that she brought to me of an EVP of something that sounds like a lion growling when she was trying to talk to it. She said she didn't hear a thing at the time, and just heard it on playback. Scared the hell out of her was why she came to me, but play stupid games after you've been warned, and win stupid prizes. 

Some folks only learn by experience. She also said it shoved her once and nearly shoved her down the stairs. What did she expect me to do about it? I ran that crap off several times, and she'd just bring something else right back in. I got tired of that shit. Not gonna waste my time like that when she'd just bring something else in for me to have to throw out. So I told her that I'd already warned her, more than once, and she ignored me - so she was on her own with it.

The woman I was married to at the time used to swear she was gonna haunt me after she died, and I always told her she'd better do it naked, so that it was at least entertaining. She died a little over a year and a half ago, and I ain't seen her yet, so I reckon she was just bullshitting me.

Or maybe she just doesn't want to haunt me naked.

ETA: My wife now, Grace, said she also felt something get in bed with her in the house my grandparents built when we were staying there a few years back. I wasn't there for that, so I dunno just what happened. I know I used to hear folks walking in it in the night time when no one was up, but I never had anything get in bed with me there. I did find a dime standing ON EDGE on a computer keyboard there one time. Took photos, but hell, it was just a dime standing on edge, and don't prove anything at all.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-28-2020, 11:25 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Yeah, I have.

Now, first you have to understand that I've dealt with spooks nearly all my life, so they don't "spook" me any more like they do normal folk. I can make them "go away", but normally don't unless they're bothering folks too much. My theory is that everyone and everyTHING has to be somewhere, so I won't run 'em off unless they get bothersome.

So the tale that relates to yours is this:

In about 2011, I was living in an old brick 2 story house on Rauhut Street in Burlington, NC. I was working 3rd shift security at the time, 12 hour shifts Friday through Monday morning. One Saturday, after I got off work, I went home and went upstairs to lay down where normal household noises wouldn't disturb me. This is the same room in that attic my son used to sleep in, and where he claimed he had seen "things" - an old woman specifically, who would just stand there a couple minutes and then fade out.

So I had just laid down in the bed, and in a couple minutes I felt the other side of the bed "sink", like someone had laid down on it. Thinking my wife at the time might have come up to lay down with me a while, I rolled my head over my shoulder to make sure it was her... but there was no one, and no thing, there. So I rolled my head back the other way where it was more comfortable, and I said right out loud "Don't know who you are, don't care. You stay on your side of the bed, and it'll all be good, but if you come over here, you're about to have more trouble than you can handle" and I closed my eyes to go to sleep. Maybe 30 seconds or a minute later, I felt the bed rise back up again like someone was getting out of it, and that was the end of that. No more trouble. I went on to sleep and slept like a baby until it was time to get up.

The house was odd. Apparently an old black couple had lived there, and had died in the house of old age. We had hardwood floors, and I used to find teeth laying in the middle of the dining room floor. That happened 3 or 4 times, never did figure out where the teeth came from. Some times, even though no one was cooking anything, you could smell pork chops cooking. I did find an old picture of an old black guy on top of one of the cabinets in the bathroom, and there was a tooth, a molar, laid up there with it.

I recall one night seeing something that looked like a big white cotton ball, about the size of a basketball, rolling along the hallway floor while I was in bed. I thought my daughter's rabbit had got loose, and went to catch it and put it back in it's cage, but couldn't find it... until I looked in it's cage, where it had been the whole time, unless it had figured out how to fasten and unfasten the cage whenever it wanted out, which I find doubtful.

My son swore an old woman lived in the attic, and he would see her sometimes. He said she lived in the crawl space on either side of the bedroom up there.

The whole lot of us piled into the van and went shopping one evening, and when we came home, there was a pyramid stacked up in the bathroom right in front of the toilet made out of shampoo bottles and the like stacked in a neat pyramid.

I was laying on the couch one night, watching TV, and caught motion out of the corner of my eye. When I looked to see who was up, there was a very tall figure gliding down the hallway towards the back door dressed in a black hooded robe, hood up over it's head, with red trim on the robe. It vanished before I could get ahold of it. I saw the same thing one evening towards twilight outside, gliding past the kitchen window.

I got up one morning and found something that looked like runes scratched into the hardwood floor in the dining room, right in from of one of my dog's crates.

Yup, it was an odd house. Whatever was there never did bother me - it was more like it was trying to scare me, and when it couldn't it was like "Fuck! What do I do now? How am I supposed to ramp this up enough to scare him?" The tall thing in the robe didn't get it done, and when that didn't work, it just set about trying to scare everyone else in the house... but by then, I didn't give a shit if they were scared or not. That sounds callous, but our oldest daughter was bringing weird people in and playing with Ouija boards and shit, so I told her to stop that shit, and when she didn't, I told her whatever she brought in could have her - I wasn't gonna do a damned thing about it if she was gonna insist on importing it.

At least one thing followed her when she left. I have a recording somewhere that she brought to me of an EVP of something that sounds like a lion growling when she was trying to talk to it. She said she didn't hear a thing at the time, and just heard it on playback. Scared the hell out of her was why she came to me, but play stupid games after you've been warned, and win stupid prizes. 

Some folks only learn by experience. She also said it shoved her once and nearly shoved her down the stairs. What did she expect me to do about it? I ran that crap off several times, and she'd just bring something else right back in. I got tired of that shit. Not gonna waste my time like that when she'd just bring something else in for me to have to throw out. So I told her that I'd already warned her, more than once, and she ignored me - so she was on her own with it.

The woman I was married to at the time used to swear she was gonna haunt me after she died, and I always told her she'd better do it naked, so that it was at least entertaining. She died a little over a year and a half ago, and I ain't seen her yet, so I reckon she was just bullshitting me.

Or maybe she just doesn't want to haunt me naked.

ETA: My wife now, Grace, said she also felt something get in bed with her in the house my grandparents built when we were staying there a few years back. I wasn't there for that, so I dunno just what happened. I know I used to hear folks walking in it in the night time when no one was up, but I never had anything get in bed with me there. I did find a dime standing ON EDGE on a computer keyboard there one time. Took photos, but hell, it was just a dime standing on edge, and don't prove anything at all.

Those ouija boards are no good.  I played with one with a few friends when I was young and dumb(er).

The whole thing felt wrong, even though it was supposed to be a spooky and fun thing to do.  Even though nothing happened, I distinctly remember feeling uneasy  about it, sort of like a sense of doom, or being stared at by someone you don't like and doesn't like you.

Stuff at your house being moved around sounds like a poltergeist, but your daughter hearing a lion-esque growl would have had me calling a priest, just in case LOL.  Has she experienced anything since?
(06-28-2020, 12:37 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote: Stuff at your house being moved around sounds like a poltergeist, but your daughter hearing a lion-esque growl would have had me calling a priest, just in case LOL.  Has she experienced anything since?

She probably has - her nickname has to do with Spooks, so she tends to hang out with 'em! I never got rid of any more for her, so either she's learned to do it herself or she's just having to live with 'em.

She fancies herself to be a "witch" too, but she's what I call the Barnes and Noble variety of "witch" - i.e. she gets all her witch-crap out of books instead of what's been passed down through the ages. So hell, anyone trying to make a buck can put whatever bullshit they want in a book, and she'll eat that crap up. I've seen her doing all manner of mumbo-jumbo with candles and "sand trays" and all sorts of kooky shit, so I'm not too worried about her ever being able to cast an actual hex.

"New Age", "Barnes and Noble" sorts of witches are some of the funniest people on Earth - they're just so CUTE when they think they're actually getting shit done!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-28-2020, 08:14 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote: How about anybody here, has anyone ever experienced something sitting next to you that wasn't there?

I have actually had quite a few incidents where I interacted with something that I could not see. I might get around to sharing a few, but the part about feeling something sit next to you in the bed, brings heavily to mind a similar incident.

I was not asleep. I was praying for sleep because I was in agony. For some reason I developed a spontaneous dislocation in my cervical spine and I could find no position of comfort. Even with my head on a pillow it felt too heavy for my neck, and as if it was going to fall off. I was in tears and ready to give up. I prayed to God to please just take me. I cried to him that I could not take the pain any more and I was ready to come home. I had been bed-bound for three months. I was not living, I was existing, and I was a burden to my family.

My mother lives with me, but she had gone out with my brother to her doctor's appointment. So I was all alone. While lying there I felt something huge sit on my bed. It was so heavy that it shifted the mattress underneath me. The entire room went still and I could feel someone pulling me onto their chest. I could feel their body solid under me, and I was being held the way you hold a child. There was no noise but a feeling came over me I will never be able to fully or accurately describe. A feeling of such bliss and contentment, of pure joy, that I almost celebrated the pain.

The craziest thing is that the pain did not lessen one tiny bit. It just no longer mattered. I didn't care about that pain. I just wanted to continue being held like a baby, basking in that feeling that I can't explain. I eventually fell asleep. When I woke up, I remember crying because the feeling was gone and the being holding me was no longer with me. I cried. I wanted nothing as much as I wanted that feeling to come back. I woke up able to actually get out of bed. I was able to walk without assistance. I was not pain free, but I could function for the first time in three whole months. This happened in 2014 and I have been mobile and fulling functioning ever since.

I refuse to spoil the miracle or cheapen the gift of my experience by trying to guess who or what it was that came to visit me that day. I rejoice in the fact that God answered my prayers in such a tangible and undeniable way. And for those that will say it was due to some medication or illegal substance, I was not on any medications for over a month before my visit, not even a Tylenol. The medication had messed up my stomach so bad that my Chron's was in full exacerbation and I could barely tolerate water.

So the answer to your question is a resounding "YES!".
When my grandpa died my brother and I had to stay over at his house the night before the funeral. We slept in his favorite room of the house. I couldn't sleep and happened to look over to where a rocking chair in the room was because I heard a creaking sound. It was moving. I was too scared to do anything but lay there.
All these stories are excellent!   minusculeclap 

I have had paranormal experiences all my life. I've shared just about every one of them on one board or the other, but I'll just share the one you asked about here: Something unseen sitting on the bed.

My beloved male cat that had been with me for almost 17 years had died maybe a month previously. My other female cat that was in love with him had started sleeping on my chest after his passing.

One night after getting ready to go to sleep, my cat was all curled up on my chest as usual when I felt something jump on the bed at my feet. That's where my deceased cat always slept.

My living cat jerked her head up and stared for several seconds at the foot of the bed, and then she took out of the room like a speeding bullet. I had deep scratch marks on my chest where she used me as a launching pad.

I just lay there knowing it was probably my dead cat coming for a visit; it felt like the right weight and size to be him.
He walked up by my side and stopped beside my chest. I felt his feet mashing down in the mattress.
I said, "Hello Baby".

There was a tingling sensation going through my body like you get when you are exposed to high energies.
After several minutes it faded away. I never felt him jump back on the bed again. I think he was just letting me know he was still with me.

It was months before my female cat would even come in the room to sleep with me after that. She finally did, but she never did stay all night like she did before. She'd stay for maybe 15 minutes then leave the room. She wasn't afraid, but I think she was still unnerved by her experience.

I've felt my dead cat rub against my legs while sitting at the computer many times after that. I would think my present cat was down there, but after looking, nothing was there that I could see.
I just smile when that happens and say, hello Baby.   minusculebiggrin
(06-28-2020, 01:10 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 12:37 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote: Stuff at your house being moved around sounds like a poltergeist, but your daughter hearing a lion-esque growl would have had me calling a priest, just in case LOL.  Has she experienced anything since?

She probably has - her nickname has to do with Spooks, so she tends to hang out with 'em! I never got rid of any more for her, so either she's learned to do it herself or she's just having to live with 'em.

She fancies herself to be a "witch" too, but she's what I call the Barnes and Noble variety of "witch" - i.e. she gets all her witch-crap out of books instead of what's been passed down through the ages. So hell, anyone trying to make a buck can put whatever bullshit they want in a book, and she'll eat that crap up. I've seen her doing all manner of mumbo-jumbo with candles and "sand trays" and all sorts of kooky shit, so I'm not too worried about her ever being able to cast an actual hex.

"New Age", "Barnes and Noble" sorts of witches are some of the funniest people on Earth - they're just so CUTE when they think they're actually getting shit done!

That is hysterical, that whole scenario reminds me of my father with my sister when she had her emo/goth/Wiccan phase.  Eye rolls galore.

Hell, maybe she's the one who hexed me with a ghost in my bed!
(06-28-2020, 02:25 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 08:14 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote: How about anybody here, has anyone ever experienced something sitting next to you that wasn't there?

I have actually had quite a few incidents where I interacted with something that I could not see. I might get around to sharing a few, but the part about feeling something sit next to you in the bed, brings heavily to mind a similar incident.

I was not asleep. I was praying for sleep because I was in agony. For some reason I developed a spontaneous dislocation in my cervical spine and I could find no position of comfort. Even with my head on a pillow it felt too heavy for my neck, and as if it was going to fall off. I was in tears and ready to give up. I prayed to God to please just take me. I cried to him that I could not take the pain any more and I was ready to come home. I had been bed-bound for three months. I was not living, I was existing, and I was a burden to my family.

My mother lives with me, but she had gone out with my brother to her doctor's appointment. So I was all alone. While lying there I felt something huge sit on my bed. It was so heavy that it shifted the mattress underneath me. The entire room went still and I could feel someone pulling me onto their chest. I could feel their body solid under me, and I was being held the way you hold a child. There was no noise but a feeling came over me I will never be able to fully or accurately describe. A feeling of such bliss and contentment, of pure joy, that I almost celebrated the pain.

The craziest thing is that the pain did not lessen one tiny bit. It just no longer mattered. I didn't care about that pain. I just wanted to continue being held like a baby, basking in that feeling that I can't explain. I eventually fell asleep. When I woke up, I remember crying because the feeling was gone and the being holding me was no longer with me. I cried. I wanted nothing as much as I wanted that feeling to come back. I woke up able to actually get out of bed. I was able to walk without assistance. I was not pain free, but I could function for the first time in three whole months. This happened in 2014 and I have been mobile and fulling functioning ever since.

I refuse to spoil the miracle or cheapen the gift of my experience by trying to guess who or what it was that came to visit me that day. I rejoice in the fact that God answered my prayers in such a tangible and undeniable way. And for those that will say it was due to some medication or illegal substance, I was not on any medications for over a month before my visit, not even a Tylenol. The medication had messed up my stomach so bad that my Chron's was in full exacerbation and I could barely tolerate water.

So the answer to your question is a resounding "YES!".

This is why I love these sites, where else are you gonna get these types of experiences from people?  Thank you for sharing that, I know a lot of people are reluctant to share personal stuff, I don't blame them one bit.  I look forward to hearing your other stories, if/when you decide to tell us  minusculebeercheers
(06-28-2020, 05:22 PM)Captain Chaos Wrote: When my grandpa died my brother and I had to stay over at his house the night before the funeral. We slept in his favorite room of the house. I couldn't sleep and happened to look over to where a rocking chair in the room was because I heard a creaking sound. It was moving. I was too scared to do anything but lay there.

I know that fear all too well, frozen, every muscle tensed in a fight/flight response but unable to move.
(06-28-2020, 06:07 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: All these stories are excellent!   minusculeclap 

I have had paranormal experiences all my life. I've shared just about every one of them on one board or the other, but I'll just share the one you asked about here: Something unseen sitting on the bed.

My beloved male cat that had been with me for almost 17 years had died maybe a month previously. My other female cat that was in love with him had started sleeping on my chest after his passing.

One night after getting ready to go to sleep, my cat was all curled up on my chest as usual when I felt something jump on the bed at my feet. That's where my deceased cat always slept.

My living cat jerked her head up and stared for several seconds at the foot of the bed, and then she took out of the room like a speeding bullet. I had deep scratch marks on my chest where she used me as a launching pad.

I just lay there knowing it was probably my dead cat coming for a visit; it felt like the right weight and size to be him.
He walked up by my side and stopped beside my chest. I felt his feet mashing down in the mattress.
I said, "Hello Baby".

There was a tingling sensation going through my body like you get when you are exposed to high energies.
After several minutes it faded away. I never felt him jump back on the bed again. I think he was just letting me know he was still with me.

It was months before my female cat would even come in the room to sleep with me after that. She finally did, but she never did stay all night like she did before. She'd stay for maybe 15 minutes then leave the room. She wasn't afraid, but I think she was still unnerved by her experience.

I've felt my dead cat rub against my legs while sitting at the computer many times after that. I would think my present cat was down there, but after looking, nothing was there that I could see.
I just smile when that happens and say, hello Baby.   minusculebiggrin

That's amazing, especially how it mirrored my experience when I got claws dug into me up my chest and shoulder while being half asleep.  I've always believed animals can sense these things.  I've also read about very young kids being more perceptive to spirits.

Thank you for sharing that, I now feel more validated that it actually happened and I wasn't just half asleep and imagining it.
(06-28-2020, 09:59 AM)Schmoe1 Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 09:28 AM)guohua Wrote:
Actually Yes.

Do you think them  slowing down their vibration goes along with Resonance Theory of Consciousness?

If our souls within our bodies vibrate 5-10hz, and they're at something like 50hz, they could slow their vibrations to manifest to us?  Sort of like tuning to our station?

I'm new to all this, if you couldn't tell.  I also hadn't heard of Ancestor Worship, I have some reading to do so thanks!

I don't know the Vibration hz to be honest with you, I just know they well tell me that they need to slow down and closer to me vibration in my dimension to be seen.
They can not do that for a long time, it takes a lot of their energy.

The reason with my experience is, They are like my Guardian's and they want to be seen and heard, My husband as seen them as wisp's in the corner of his eye.
(06-28-2020, 05:22 PM)Captain Chaos Wrote: When my grandpa died my brother and I had to stay over at his house the night before the funeral. We slept in his favorite room of the house. I couldn't sleep and happened to look over to where a rocking chair in the room was because I heard a creaking sound. It was moving. I was too scared to do anything but lay there.

You should have said something like, "Hi, Grandpa, we're happy to know you are still here with us, But DAMN, could you be a little more Quiet we are trying to sleep"!
Another thing people don't realize, sometime they don't even know you are there with them.