Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bermuda Triangle A.K.A The Devil's Triangle A.K.A Limbo of the Lost
(09-18-2022, 12:13 AM)Sol Wrote: The Bermuda Triangle A.K.A The Devil's Triangle A.K.A Limbo of the Lost

Part I

Ever since I was a little kid, stories of the Bermuda Triangle have always fascinated me. As a teen, a bunch of friends and I researched the phenomenon for a school project, going through pages and pages of thick encyclopedias, taking notes, writing down the stories, trying to get a broad overall picture, only to be told to chuck it out; the Bermuda Triangle is fiction. Or so said my teacher back then.

So, some forty something years later, I wish to pay the Bermuda Triangle a visit again. And bring you along with me for the ride.

I hadn't thought of the Triangle for the longest time but not too long ago, I came across an article that brought back memories. Perhaps, you've heard of that story. It's the story of a ship that reappeared 90 years after it disappeared in the Triangle.

[Image: eA7rg2o.jpg]

It's a pretty cool story.

It's the story of the SS Cotopaxi that disappeared in the Triangle some 90 years ago only to reappear, almost intact except for all of the crew missing. The Captain's log was even found intact! Cool, no? 90 years!!!

Yes, way cool but it's a hoax. That story was created by a shady news website that enjoys creating stuff like that. The sort that mentions Elvis is still alive and having a drink with Marylin Monroe at John Lennon's place. At least once a week.

Bit of a disappointment on many levels though. One, it just adds ridicule to a real phenomenon. Two, it makes other news websites look like whack jobs. Three, it makes for the phenomenon to sound fictional so that some people, like my old teacher, think that it's just a myth.

Nevertheless, the Bermuda Triangle is very real. THAT is a fact. It isn't fully understood though, even nowadays.

That is the reason why I've put this thread under the Forces of Nature Forum, because this is exactly what I think it is. We do not fully comprehend what is behind this phenomenon except for the fact that a lot of forces (hurricanes, major storms, geomagnetic disruptions, rogue waves, alone or combined) are at play here.

Again, not comprehending something does not make it any less true.

Let's have a look at the real thing. I will leave the links to the sources at the bottom of very last Part. Credits goes to them, I'm just relating it.

Revisiting the Bermuda Triangle

[Image: JBrK0sT.jpg]

The Area

Quote:The Bermuda Triangle, as it’s most commonly defined, stretches between Miami, San Juan, Puerto Rico and the island of Bermuda. In all, it encompasses hundreds of thousands of square miles in the North Atlantic Ocean, a huge area. The region also sees heavy traffic from ships coming and going from the East Coast and Gulf of Mexico.

To be exact, the Triangle covers 440,000 miles of sea. It's a huge area.

[Image: 6RKKJhD.jpg]

The Name

The Bermuda Triangle.

Also known as the Devil's Triangle and Limbo of the Lost.

Cute names that never really stuck around. Limbo of the Lost came about at the beginning of recorded history, when sea ships would disappear in the area. The Devil's Triangle came in the 50's when both planes and sea ships started seeing recurring geomagnetic anomalies on their instruments. Finally, the Bermuda Triangle got its name from an article from Vincent H. Gaddis, in 1964. The National Geographic Society picked up the name and used it until it got famous.

[Image: Ai1KAe4.jpg]

There have been dozens and dozens and dozens of stories of airplanes disappearing, cargo ships disappearing, bombers disappearing, sea ships disappearing as early as 1800. Amongst the first really recorded disappearances is the true loss of the SS Cotopaxi, in 1925. Never to be found again.

The list is long and so I will not go over them all in this thread, as you will be able to read about them through the links I'll supply.

In Part II, I will only focus on the most famous ones.

~To be continued.

The Bermuda Triangle is an interesting topic for me as well. I wonder if it is all the odd phenomenons are about frequencies.

When I look at the string theory, I think of the strings on my violin, cello, and even on my piano. When you look at the string closely, as it vibrates, you can see that it is only one string, but as it vibrates, it is is positioned in different spaces, in micro seconds of time, creating a different sound, or tone, that can elicit different feelings and emotions in all of us.

I think the impact that frequencies can have on our senses, includes what we are able to see. I know without a shadow of a doubt, that we are greatly limited in what we an see. Light, sound, even thoughts can interfere with what we are able to see.

Because of a congenital abnormality, that seems to progress with age, I spend a great portion of my day trying to categorize, in my mind so that I can make sense our of what my brain is telling me what I see. I am grateful that this process happens fairly quickly and once I have made an identification, I am good, unless something changes, such as size or lighting.

I know personally how much our vision is affected by outside factors, especially those factor we can't see or cannot control. So making sense out of it is just another part of the equation.

minusculebeercheers

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bermuda Triangle A.K.A The Devil's Triangle A.K.A Limbo of the Lost - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 09-18-2022, 12:39 AM