Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
History Has Been Made InThe US This Week
I absolutely DO believe that private property owners should be able to ban gun carry on their own property. It's their place, they make the rules. I don't have to go onto it if I don't like their rules. Several stores and restaurants have missed out on getting my money for that very reason. They can ban carry if they like, and I can just go to another store or restaurant if I don't like their rules on their place.

Public buildings are a different matter. WE pay for those buildings, they belong to US, and no one should be able to tell us how to enter our own premises. Every time I go into a court house, I see armed deputies running all over the building. If they can carry there, there is no reason I should not be allowed to. I'm at least as safe to carry as they are, and in most cases safer. During our yearly re-quals with our sidearms, we had to shoot 80% or better on a modified FBI day/night course to qualify, and cops were only required to shoot 70% or better. I regularly shot 94-96%, a tad better on the night fire than the day fire - I dunno why that was. I actually got permission from the US Marshals to carry in a Federal court house - and it was their idea, not mine. That permission has lapsed now, but there ain't a Federal courthouse for 100 miles in any direction from here, so it don't bother me.

"Felons" should not lose their citizenship rights beyond their prison stay. There is no profit in stripping a person of their rights and then turning them loose on society after they have to swallow that bitter pill. Once their debt is paid, it's paid, done, over with. If they are not safe enough to carry a gun, they are not safe enough to carry a crowbar or screwdriver, either - and therefore they are not safe enough to turn loose amongst decent folks. If they are a danger, keep them in lockdown or execute them. If they are safe enough to turn loose, they are safe enough to exercise their rights.

There used to be a business in Kansas City, MO, that hired ONLY ex-felons, just down at the end of the block I lived on. Nearly everyone in my building was an ex-felon, and lived there because it was within walking distance to their jobs at that place. I never had any trouble out of any of them. I had more trouble out of wannabe gangstas who'd never even seen the inside of a prison than I had out of those scary, scary felons.

There are people in this world who fear the dark itself more than they should fear what is in it.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: History Has Been Made InThe US This Week - by Ninurta - 06-26-2022, 10:25 PM