Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
How They Are Going To Steal Our Homes
(04-25-2022, 02:48 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 01:55 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 07:06 AM)727Sky Wrote: I ain't poor and we could have stayed in the states but it just pissed me off as I have a thing about feeling like I am getting ripped off.

About 20 years back, a good friend of mine retired from the Army and bought a house in the PI.  He told me Uncle Sam actually threatened to terminate his citizenship for becoming an ex-pat.  We kept in touch via Farcebook back then ... and I assume the threat blew over.  But, he didn't care if he lost his citizenship or his pension.  He said he didn't even need the Army's medical bennies there in the PI.

Point is: People don't know what it's really like living overseas ... until they've been there.

What I don't get, is why are so many people in those countries trying to come to the US.

Good question.  I'll hazard a guess: Their systems are designed to work the workers to death.  Everyone we're talking about who's moving overseas is retired and doesn't require another type of steady income.  Like Sky, somebody else does the work ... and farming is no-joke-McDoke.

It's all good as long as the harvest doesn't fail.  tinycool

Messages In This Thread
RE: How They Are Going To Steal Our Homes - by Snarl - 04-25-2022, 03:17 PM