Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wife of Ukrainian MP tries to flee with 28 million dollars and 1.3 mil Euros
(03-23-2022, 05:15 PM)Grace Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 05:11 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 01:25 PM)WonderCow Wrote: But why have that many suitcases full of cash? Why not have a bunch of crypto on a thumb drive?
Surely she must have realised that much luggage would draw unwanted attention?

If memory serves, a million dollars in hundred dollar bills weighs in a shade over 22 pounds.

22lbs*28=616lbs

There goes my dream.. I can't pick up more than a million.. lol

It's about the equivalent of 4 reams of paper.

Reminds me of another War Story.

We had a report that there was this guy sending millions of dollars from Korea, through a bank on-post, into the United States.  Lots of rules we had to follow ... and ... we had to be there during the transfer to even ask him about it.  He'd been sending two and three million chunks at a time and he'd be out of the bank and gone before we could get there.

On his last transaction he brought in a whole duffle bag chock-full of hundred dollar bills.  It was enough for us to finally 'catch him in the act'.  So we asked him, "Where'd you get all the money?" and he tells us there's some rich Korean guy who's planning to immigrate to the US and wants to make sure all of his money gets there.

Almost sounds illegal, don't it?  Well, they had a trust relationship and the dude transferring the money was paying capital gains taxes to keep it all legal ... and the Korean guy was going to pay them again, less the 10% he was paying his partner off with.  All together, more than $20mil transferred, and nobody even got cuffed 'cause Uncle Shoog was getting his cut too.  Who you look back on it, they lost less in the transaction than people who hit the Lottery and cash-out on-the-spot.  Found out some time later that Korean guy had more than five mules helping him move cash through banks at military posts all over Korea.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wife of Ukrainian MP tries to flee with 28 million dollars and 1.3 mil Euros - by Snarl - 03-23-2022, 06:12 PM