Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hemp may help prevent Covid from entering human cells
(01-15-2022, 02:36 AM)senona Wrote: Unfortunately, I am dumb to that stuff. 

My siblings on the other hand, are not. LOL

Margie no longer smokes it being as she works in a hospital environment and fears being randomly tested.

Now a days, I am more open to trying it but am uncertain about what brands can be trusted vs knock-off brands.

Our state decriminalized it last year it (not legalized)  

I have in the past, done a little research when I was thinking about getting some for Jim when he was still at home with me. But I chickened out -- but now am wondering about it again.

Also as @"Kenzo" mentioned, the prices are somewhat high. 

So guess for now, I'll stick with my Crown Royal and Stella Rosa (Black)  wine     minusculecheers

I stopped for 40 years or so, partially due to random drug tests, partially due to a bad experience. Now that I'm looking at potential resumption, I find that it has all changed dramatically over the past 40 years. There are so many strains now that it's crazy, and none of them have logical names to clue you in as to what it is you are buying. Likewise, over the last 40 years, active ingredient content has risen dramatically due to selective breeding for stronger and stronger plants, to the point that I wonder just how wacked out I would get with, for example, 20 times the THC content of what used to be.

Part of the strength issue, I suspect, is in the rolling. Back in the day, I could roll a hell of a doobie. They looked just like store bough cigarettes - all straight and smooth, square-ended  and pretty, not lumpy and end-twisted like most - and were about the same size as a regular cigarette, just a little greener. Now, I think, what they roll up is what we would have called a "pin joint" back in the day. Bitty little skinny things.

I can produce my own at home, for my own consumption to insure it's purity, but that has pitfalls here too - I can legally grow up to 4 plants, but I can't legally buy seed to grow it from. So how are we supposed to grow it without seed? Furthermore, 4 plants may produce 4 to 12 pounds or so of weed, but I'm only legally allowed to possess up to 1 ounce. What to do with the rest? I can't legally sell it, and don't know enough people to give it away in 1 ounce packages. So why bother growing it at all? You can't grow a 1 ounce plant (well, you can - I did once, accidentally, and much to my chagrin), and how long might a single ounce last, anyhow?

So they "legalized' it here starting last 1 July, but due to the confusing and incomplete nature of the legislation, not really. They are "on a path" to initiate retail sales for recreational use by 2024, but until then everything is still in a legal limbo.

Virginia even has an odd law concerning "manufacturing marijuana", but it does not define what it means by "manufacturing". Does simple growing count? But growing up to 4 plants is legal, allegedly. So what, then? Is drying and curing it "manufacturing"? Or is it something else they are counting as "manufacturing marijuana"? The law is silent on that, so it's anyone's guess. Murky, ill-defined laws make me nervous. that's not how law is supposed to work. It leaves too much wiggle room for prosecutors to "misinterpret" what is there and throw your ass in the slam.

Just for reference, the current Virginia "legalization"  laws are as follows: 0-1 oz, no penalty. 1 ounce to 1 pound, 25 dollar civil fine. Over 1 pound, felony violation, prison time. It seems a little arbitrary.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hemp may help prevent Covid from entering human cells - by Ninurta - 01-15-2022, 03:22 AM