Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Ranty Rant About a Rant-Stuff
(10-11-2021, 01:29 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 09:27 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: @"ABNARTY" 

When my oldest started college I figured out very quickly that most of her professors were basically over-rated adult babysitters who were full of themselves. I think over the years it has just become worse. 

I considered going back to complete my education but feel that my level of education is much higher than a lot of the instructors now. I would most likely end up in prison for throttling a few of them to death.  Most of them have never worked in the real world, just in academia. They haven't got a clue about practical application or personal interaction in the field. 

It takes a little bit getting used to, when all your instructors are about the age of your nieces and nephews. Most are book learned, but with little to no commonsense, or ability to think outside of the script.

I find it humorous and mildly annoying, when they feel threatened and insecure, and decide to resolve that with arrogance and dismissal.

I understand they are expected to follow the rules and, thinking for yourself is a no, no. I have, on a couple of occasions, pointed out that the text book info is sometimes not fact, it is information being presented by the author that describe an experience, but a different experience may present, and call for a different action, or that the same experience can have a different outcome.

It can be interesting to have instructors in their 30s and 40s, when I have been in the field for over 40 years. But continuing education hours are requirement to keep my license current. So I will get older and my instructors will get younger.

It is not always easy being an old lady.

tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing I know the feelz....

Messages In This Thread
A Ranty Rant About a Rant-Stuff - by ABNARTY - 10-09-2021, 02:05 PM
RE: A Ranty Rant About a Rant-Stuff - by Ninurta - 10-09-2021, 06:15 PM
RE: A Ranty Rant About a Rant-Stuff - by ABNARTY - 10-10-2021, 12:48 AM
RE: A Ranty Rant About a Rant-Stuff - by Ninurta - 10-10-2021, 01:48 AM
RE: A Ranty Rant About a Rant-Stuff - by ABNARTY - 10-10-2021, 12:43 AM
RE: A Ranty Rant About a Rant-Stuff - by ABNARTY - 10-11-2021, 08:43 PM
RE: A Ranty Rant About a Rant-Stuff - by ABNARTY - 10-11-2021, 08:42 PM
RE: A Ranty Rant About a Rant-Stuff - by ABNARTY - 10-11-2021, 08:36 PM