Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bones of Jesus were found in the 80s
I heard about the Talpiot Tomb a few years ago, a theory propagated by an archaeologist whose name was, I think, something like Simcha Jacobi. I was unconvinced by his presentation, but cannot deny the possibility.

As I recall, there was also an ossuary box found in a warehouse in Israel where archaeological artifacts are stored that was labeled as "James, son of Joseph" as well, which was speculated to possibly be the brother of Jesus mentioned in the Bible.

There was also a study done of First Century Hebrew names in the area, and it was found that Mary, James, and Joshua (Jesus' actual Hebrew name of "Yeshua" rendered in English) were very common, and the combination of them was likewise common within families in that time and place.

There are multiple James and Marys mentioned in the Bible, confirming the name frequency study.

Could be. Maybe, maybe not. Who knows for sure after 2000 years?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bones of Jesus were found in the 80s - by Ninurta - 09-20-2021, 11:23 PM