Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Zealand's Latest 'Terrorist' Attack.
Pretty neat set of circumstances. 

- this guy was a lone wolf. An individual. Not a faith. Not a culture. Not an ethnicity. Not supported by any community. A single person. But the last terror attack was a "white supremist". Definitely an ethnicity and probably a community or culture for some. I wonder what the difference is?

- He was on the terror watch list since 2016. He was under constant surveillance. Video and human. Yet he was able to stab a whole pile of people before the iron grip of state authority could get to him. So tell me, what is the point of all the state surveillance and what-not if it doesn't protect people at the most critical point? 

- I heard he had an awesome knife collection. Bought a good one the day after he was let out of jail. Of course he was immediately arrested again but they let him go. Don't want to offend anybody I guess? 

- they removed knives and scissors from the store shelves as a precaution afterwards? Like, after the horse had left the barn. After the fat lady sang. Just in case he rises from the dead and tries the same thing at the same store again? 

PITA PIV: There is a point after which the state can no longer legislate safety of/for the populace. But this does not stop the boot-on-throat evangelicals in office. One more law will make more laws unnecessary. One less freedom for the people will give the people more freedom. In this case, the people of New Zealand bore the brunt of always being treated like a possible criminal yet they were not protected from an actual criminal. And they paid the price for it. Meanwhile, the state delivers cowardice word salad as an excuse.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Zealand's Latest 'Terrorist' Attack. - by ABNARTY - 09-04-2021, 09:06 PM