Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Unprepared For A 'Black Sky Event
(06-07-2021, 05:07 PM)Ninurta Wrote: From an astronomical viewpoint, it might be kinda nice to have black skies again... if you can avoid the roving North Korean and CCP patrols when you go out to see the stars, that is... and if you can't avoid 'em, just put 'em in the dirt so that you can get back to star gazing...

For folks like me, who live in the boonies, it might be a mite inconvenient, since I'm given to understand that modern cars with electronic ignitions are also susceptible to EMP, so trips to the grocery store might take a wee bit longer, but on the positive side, weeding out troublesome neighbors who may have an eye on MY groceries so that they don't have to go get their own would probably be  little less frowned upon, and I could swear I thought I heard them speaking in Korean before I lowered the boom.

People may be a bit surprised to find those black skies present a lot more light than they may realize.

Even on a moonless night, out here in the boonies, you get a bit of star shine, if the clouds don't get in the way.

I could walk to the nearest store, though it may take a little time, but my neighbors have enough horses and buggies, that a trip to the nearest market would not be that hard. We share our excess, because it is just the smart thing to do. I can never eat all the produce that comes ready at the same time, and they can't eat all of theirs, so we drop off our excess at each other's homes.

have been out here for over twenty years, and not one week goes by without my neighbors dropping off something. I don't have as much to harvest anymore, but I share what I do have, and I have an unexpected abundance of tomato plants this year, the big ones. I will be thinning them later this week and will be handing those off all well.

I know everyone out here and they know me. We have a very reliable alarm system. Before a vehicle can make it halfway down the five mile dirt road, every dog in a ten mile radius is howling its presence. It is amazing how folks that live out here can drive back and forth and they don't make a sound. The moment a strange car hits the road they sound the alarm.

I think we will do just fine.

Oh, I guess I should mention that every weekend from Friday evening until Sunday morning, it sounds like I am sitting in the middle of a firing range. Guns to the left of me, to the right of me, to the North of me, and to the South of me. I would love to have only half of the money it most cost for all those bullets.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
Unprepared For A 'Black Sky Event - by 727Sky - 06-07-2021, 07:48 AM
RE: Unprepared For A 'Black Sky Event - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 06-07-2021, 09:25 PM