Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AZ road trip, what's your longest or best trip?
(05-02-2021, 05:06 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I've had many. Can't pinpoint my favorite trip, but the most memorable was riding a train from my hometown to Chicago, IL. Yeah, that was a long time ago when we still had passenger trains. I remember sitting looking out the window at the landscape as it whizzed by from one town to the next. It was quite the adventure for a young girl.

I also liked the trip from TN to Hilton Head, FL. 
I think I enjoyed the final destination more than the road trip though.  tinybiggrin There are many other road trips, but I don't have time to mention all of them now. 

Even though I've done my share of traveling, I can't say I enjoyed any more than the travels I've done close to home. The beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains Parkway and the Great Smoky Mountains, both have scenic routes that are just breath-taking. 
A little quaint town called Hot Springs, NC, just over the TN state line, will take you back to a time forgotten. People know each other and offer friendly smiles to all as they sit on their porch waving hello to the passers-by. They offer a real hot springs spa to soak your aching bones, massages, and cabins to rent on hill sides that provide the beautiful view of the majestic mountains surrounding the town. Restaurants with good southern home cooked meals. I swear you'll think you found the real life town of "Andy Mayberry". 

For a different feel, I can go the other direction a short distance to Gatlinburg for all kinds of tourist attractions, and if I don't get my feel of shoppes there, Pigeon Forge is just over the hill with many more shoppes and stage shows, also the home of Dollywood.

So, just call me lucky. I love it right where I am without all the traveling.   minusculebiggrin

And that right there is awesome. I agree completely on having so much beauty so close to home. My drives to Florida always brought us through the Smoky Mountains, and I agree. Absolutely stunning  tinybiggrin

Messages In This Thread
RE: AZ road trip, what's your longest or best trip? - by DuckforcoveR - 05-02-2021, 07:07 PM