Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DIY Black Powder pistol cartridges
3 months in, and the splodey pellets have completely fallen out of 2 of the 13 caps I have made up to test, leaving 11 still ready to go and intact.

The Chinese paraffin from the tealight candles I bought has done a lot better for lubing up the arbor pin (the pin the cylinder rotates around), and it's not binding up at all like the Crisco did when it stiffened up.

The 50/50 Crisco/parrafin mix is doing a fine job of lubricating the bullets.

Had Grace look up a ball mill for mixing black powder at Harbor Freight, and she found a deal (as a "rock tumbler"), so I may start making my own powder shortly, too.

I've got a building in mind to test the brisance of the powder on when I start making it. I give no shits what is inside the building when it goes up into a cloud of toothpicks. It's my building, so anything in it ought to be mine, too. If it ain't, well that's just gonna be too damned bad, now ain't it?  heh, heh, heh....

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
DIY Black Powder pistol cartridges - by Ninurta - 11-20-2020, 11:51 AM
RE: DIY Black Powder pistol cartridges - by Ninurta - 10-27-2021, 02:00 AM