Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Germany is beginning a universal-basic-income trial with people getting $1,400 a mont
(08-20-2020, 04:20 AM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: At least they are keeping the experiment small for now. The only way I can see a UBI working in literally ANY country is if that country had a major national income. There have been several UBI experiments but no countries have a guaranteed national UBI for all- the only nations that have for a short period of time were Mongolia and Iran but they no longer have it.

The only way to pay for a UBI is to tax the Hell out of those who actually stay working to pay for those who don't, so what is the incentive here? If the govt takes half of your pay in taxes many would end up making the same or even less than those who are not working so why wouldn't any sane person choose to get paid for staying home? 

While this looks innocent from the outside, I have to look a little deeper, since everyone knows that nothing is really free, and better for some does not mean better for everybody.

These two articles made my spider senses rev.

Quote:China moves its factories back to the countryside
Once famous for exporting labour, Henan now wants it to return. 
“In the long term, China’s continued economic development will depend on people in fourth-tier cities, county towns and villages joining the consumer class,” says Even Pay, an agriculture analyst at the Beijing-based research firm China Policy. “This is the real aim of the rural revitalisation strategy.”

https://www.ft.com/content/fe86f76c-1215...ccc4c4dbbb

Quote:In Rural China, Villagers Say They're Forced From Farm Homes To High-Rises

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/10/893113807...high-rises

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Germany is beginning a universal-basic-income trial with people getting $1,400 a mont - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 08-20-2020, 02:50 PM