Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jesus and Horus: The Similiarities in Their Stories
(09-14-2021, 03:32 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 10:23 PM)guohua Wrote: Great Thread.
It does seem that a lot of the Bible was taken from other folklore or stories from other cultures and Man. Like The Great Flood, every Culture mentions a flood doesn't it?

first time i've seen this thread, and your post above pertains to something i've often asked people or say to people.
but before i start let me say i believe in one God, the creator. now who or what that creator is  i can't say other than he is the one that did it all.

now for what i ask or say to  people,

it's said that Abraham / Abram was from Ur of the Chaldees which many say or believe to be a city state in Sumer. Others say that they  played no part of Sumerian, Akkadian,  Assyrian or Babylonian civilization or history until they who were migrants showed up during the Babylonian period of Mesopotamia and for a breif time ruled the area.  Not going to go into all that now, maybe i might make a thread one day, i kinda doubt it, although i like history, i have always hated  doing research and doing any writing from elementary school to my brief time spent in college. that's why i took up a trade instead after the Corps. just rather read, watch and listen about it.

anyway

The Bible says that God created eden for adam and eve, which is beleived to be  in Mesopotamia. it also says he sent watchers / angels to earth. these are who i believe were the Gods of Sumeria.

it's also said that many civilizations adopt the religions of the place they migrated to, and vice a versa.  
so to me it makes sense that Abraham the patriarch of the Abrahamic faiths told stories which were passed down until written in the Hebrew bible.

a quick side note, as i said i believe in one God, the creator.  the bible says he created man, it also says he created angles. so how do we know for certain that he didn't create other life on other worlds. i've read the bible many times and have yet to see anywhere that says yes or no with absolute certainty to me.

I do respect your Belief, Yes, Honestly.
But I have an alternate thought or view that I've come to understand better than the Christian Bible.
My husband who was born into and raised in the Pentecostal Religion says this makes sense to him, but he abandon his beliefs during his first tour in Vietnam.

Now you don't have to do any research or read, just take some time and watch.
I hope you enjoy.

The name seen so often in the Old Testament is "ELOHIM" learn the meaning in the next video.

He has many videos on his channel.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jesus and Horus: The Similiarities in Their Stories - by guohua - 09-14-2021, 05:18 PM