Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I've said this before
China does not Support Gay Rights or Confused Sexuality.
There is only women and men.

Quote:China bans men it sees as not masculine enough from TV

Yes, the LGBTQ stay in the Shadows in China.
Quote:BEIJING (AP) — China’s government banned effeminate men on TV and told broadcasters Thursday to promote “revolutionary culture,” broadening a campaign to tighten control over business and society and enforce official morality.

President Xi Jinping has called for a “national rejuvenation,” with tighter Communist Party control of business, education, culture and religion.
Companies and the public are under increasing pressure to align with its vision for a more powerful China and healthier society.

The party has reduced children’s access to online games and is trying to discourage what it sees as unhealthy attention to celebrities.

Broadcasters must “resolutely put an end to sissy men and other abnormal esthetics,” the National Radio and TV Administration said, using an insulting slang term for effeminate men — “niang pao,” or literally, “girlie guns.”

That reflects official concern that Chinese pop stars, influenced by the sleek, fashionable look of some South Korean and Japanese singers and actors, are failing to encourage China’s young men to be masculine enough.
Source
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Looks like they might be trying to get on a war footing, and "man up" or toughen up the nation for it.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(09-03-2021, 07:17 AM)guohua Wrote: China does not Support Gay Rights or Confused Sexuality.
There is only women and men.

Quote:China bans men it sees as not masculine enough from TV

Yes, the LGBTQ stay in the Shadows in China.
Quote:BEIJING (AP) — China’s government banned effeminate men on TV and told broadcasters Thursday to promote “revolutionary culture,” broadening a campaign to tighten control over business and society and enforce official morality.

President Xi Jinping has called for a “national rejuvenation,” with tighter Communist Party control of business, education, culture and religion.
Companies and the public are under increasing pressure to align with its vision for a more powerful China and healthier society.

The party has reduced children’s access to online games and is trying to discourage what it sees as unhealthy attention to celebrities.

Broadcasters must “resolutely put an end to sissy men and other abnormal esthetics,” the National Radio and TV Administration said, using an insulting slang term for effeminate men — “niang pao,” or literally, “girlie guns.”

That reflects official concern that Chinese pop stars, influenced by the sleek, fashionable look of some South Korean and Japanese singers and actors, are failing to encourage China’s young men to be masculine enough.
Source

china has never ever really been politically correct, even back to the olden days, and they don't really could care less what anybody else says.
[Image: TWBB.png]

I am conflicted here. 

I do not believe the state should be in the business of determining individual personality. 

I do not like the CCP and what they do to their citizens. 

But what if I agree traditional masculinity is a good thing? immature and irresponsible males are not good for a healthy society?
One thing about a totalitarian regime when they get something in their head they do it.. International Criticism be damned !