Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Next time you hear the Big Bad Russians
I had hope during the Regan Administration that a true and lasting friendship between Russia and the USA would bloom. Obviously hope and wishes don't seem to work in the big scheme of things. The following video is about the current status of the Russian Airforce and their ability to arm their aircraft. Yes, Yes , Yes , with nukes and ICBMs Russia can fend for itself but the next time you hear the MIC screaming about Russia think about what they really have.
The Sun newspaper also reports on the East-West dick-measuring with an article displaying
Putin's latest scary equipment.

Quote:RED SQUARING UP How Vladimir Putin is squaring up to the world with ‘my weapon’s bigger than yours’ boast

'VladimirI Putin has ramped up Russia’s bid to build an “unstoppable” arsenal of superfast missiles – goading
Britain into a terrifying new nuclear arms race. The ruthless strongman has personally overseen the development
of an array of hypersonic weapons which fly at up to 20 times the speed of sound.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9317]
Vladimir Putin has ramped up Russia’s bid to build an 'unstoppable' arsenal of superfast missiles.
A Russian video showed their fearsome new stealth drone flying.

And rising tensions stoked by his sabre-rattling bullying in Ukraine have forced Boris Johnson to U-turn on long
-standing disarmament pledges for the first time in more than 30 years.

Britain’s limit on stocks of our ageing Trident nuclear warheads are to be ramped up from 180 to 260.
But experts say the planned £10billion rearmament – ordered as 10,000 UK troops are set to be axed to the
lowest manpower levels in 300 years – will do nothing to deter Putin.

And his weaponry appears to be light years ahead of his rivals’ amid soaring tension and uncertainty in the
face of the Covid crisis and vicious trade wars.
Here is a terrifying snapshot of the latest additions to Russia’s awesome armoury.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9318]
(Left-to-Right) Avangard, Burevestnik, Stealth fighter and Novichok cocktail.

Avangard

Missile system with a hypersonic glide vehicle which strikes “like a meteorite” and is said to be unstoppable.
It moves at 20 times the speed of sound and can strike any target in the world in less than 30 minutes.

Burevestnik

This low-flying stealth cruise missile is said to be incapable of interception and can deliver nuclear warheads
anywhere around the globe. Putin says it has “unlimited range”. Its name means “Storm-bringer.”

Stealth fighter

Russia’s newest fifth generation Su-57 stealth fighter is designed to carry the Kinzhal hypersonic missile.
Viewed as one of the most lethal warplanes ever built. A total of 67 Su-57s are due to be delivered by 2028.

Novichok cocktail

Chemical experts are developing a more deadly form of Novichok. Putin was said to have been furious that
the nerve agent failed to kill Sergei Skripal in the 2018 Salisbury poisoning.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9319]
(Left-to-Right) Zircon, Kinzhal, Kalashnikov guided missile and Stealth drone.

Zircon

Missile with a top speed of more than 6,100mph is Putin’s weapon of choice to wipe out American cities in a
nuclear war. He saw one tested for him at a launch laid on for him “as a birthday treat ”.

Kinzhal

The name means dagger. The missile flies at ten times the speed of sound, has a range of 1,250 miles and
Moscow boasts it has no match in the West. Ten aircraft with Kinzhals have been on duty in southern Russia.

Kalashnikov guided missile

The new 9M333 guided missile destroys low-flying aircraft, helicopters and drones. It finds targets without
additional missile guidance after launch or being in their line of sight.

Stealth drone

The Okhotnik – meaning Hunter – is said to be virtually undetectable and can fly from Moscow to London and
back on a single mission. It can be a spy in the sky or fire missiles working with an Su-30SM fighter jet.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9320]
(Left-to-Right) Poseidon, Satan 2, Robot tank and Sprut-SDM1.

Poseidon

Anatomic-powered underwater drone deployed as a giant nuclear-capable torpedo. It moves through the sea
at 125mph using a top secret propulsion system and is said to be lethal against aircraft carriers.

Satan 2

Biggest beast in Russia’s nuclear arsenal. 188-tonne missile has an 11,000-mile range, can evade the United
States’ defence shield and is capable of destroying an area the size of England and Wales.

Robot tank

War-tested in Syria, the Uran-9 unmanned tank is remote-controlled with a 30mm cannon and anti-tank guided
missiles. It is designed for destroying enemy vehicles and also features rocket flame throwers.

Sprut-SDM1

Russia's unique 'flying and swimming tank' is undergoing tests. Video shows the lightweight vehicle blasting
targets from the water, giving Russian forces a key edge on Nato rivals in Europe.
The Sun:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Next war between tech advanced countries will have an initial intense phase in which "smart" weapons hit all kinds of targets.

Then the smart munitions will be expended, probably within weeks.

After that, it will be older style warfare with "dumb" bombs and rockets.  Anybody putting -anything- into the air at that point will be the king.

Same on the ground.  Burst of high tech warfare, followed by a return to older tools and methods.

The "smart" gear is too expensive to keep really big stocks of it.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

The only thing I took away was how bad a** the MIG-35 and SU-34 look. 

I'm a pathetic plane geek.
(05-03-2021, 12:29 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: After that, it will be older style warfare with "dumb" bombs and rockets.  Anybody putting -anything- into the air at that point will be the king.

they done gone and sent the dumb bombs to school and now their smart. 

Quote:April 16, 2008 Boeing has begun delivering the first Laser Joint Direct Attack Munition (LJDAM) kits to the U.S. Air Force. The Precision Laser Guidance Set (PLGS) kits are being produced to satisfy the Air Force and Navy's urgent need for engagement of fast-moving land targets. The LJDAM expands the capabilities of the Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM), which is a low-cost guidance kit that converts existing unguided free-fall bombs into near-precision guided “smart” weapons.

How to make Dumb Bombs Smart

hell even the dumbest of dumb of bombs, the cluster bomb, is now a smart bomb.

[Image: TWBB.png]

Missiles that fly at mach 20? That's 15,000 miles an hour. Moving at speeds like that, they wouldn't have to put a bomb in it, just a pound of lead in the nose. At 15k MPH, a pound of lead will obliterate anything it hits.

Neat pictures of all Russia's new toys. No real photos of them, though. I can tell you I have an interstellar flying saucer. I can even draw you pretty pictures of it... but that doesn't mean it really exits anywhere but in the mind.

And this:

Quote:Burevestnik

This low-flying stealth cruise missile is said to be incapable of interception and can deliver nuclear warheads
anywhere around the globe. Putin says it has “unlimited range”. Its name means “Storm-bringer.”

I remember this guy over at ATS, a character in a space opera, that had a pistol named "Storm-bringer". Thievin' bastards - can't even come up with their own names for weapons! Have you ever read Shakespeare in the original Russian?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Russia does have some neat new toys on paper which does not mean the toys are deployed or in any numbers that would matter in a finale outcome. But....at least they are working on them and seem to think they will be able to be deployed . The problem is like the video said "No money" for all these great new weapon systems..

If I already had nukes and was sure I could deliver them on a target I to might just sit back a tad and say, "You want some of this then it is gonna cost you big time" as I have my big boys draw up another glossy picture of a machine of death.

Submarines with ballistic missiles and multiple war heads on each missile are no joke...unless you think everyone in a city becoming a crispy critter is a laughing matter.... As long as they are never used Nukes have stopped no telling how many people from going off to war and not returning.. IMO They seem to be a deterrent that has been working as far as another world war is concerned..
Probably propaganda but does this remind you of something ? Start at the 7 minute mark for a Russian Tic Tac
I have lately noticed advertisements for Domino's Pizza extolling their use of robot vehicles named "Nuro" for pizza deliveries now. It's only a matter of time...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

@"727Sky" 

When I see stuff like this, I'm reminded of all the DoD projects that were never fielded, or, saw only very limited use.  The pages of old Jane's guides are littered with projects that never saw the light of day for one reason or another.  I also think about Russian military mentality; they don't look for perfect solutions, just ones that are "good enough".

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

I'll go with the first Robo-taxi or bus. At the speed stated, I would hope that it would quietly slow the world down
and we can get back to thinking at a more rational rate.
tinywondering
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(05-11-2021, 03:27 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"727Sky" 

When I see stuff like this, I'm reminded of all the DoD projects that were never fielded, or, saw only very limited use.  The pages of old Jane's guides are littered with projects that never saw the light of day for one reason or another.  I also think about Russian military mentality; they don't look for perfect solutions, just ones that are "good enough".

Cheers

"A good plan, executed violently now, is better than a perfect plan, executed half-heartedly tomorrow."