Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some good news out of the Philippines for a change
Duterte has been a wishy washy leader for defense of the Philippines since his take over as president. He has threatened to kick all US forces out of the PI on several occasions as he tried to buddy up to China. Evidently someone has gotten to him and explained how the cow eats the cabbage and the PI be the cabbage with China unless he wises up.

If the PI could kick their corruption addiction, I think they'd rapidly become another South Korea in terms of economy.

Dut is a weird bird.  He changes his stance on issues at the drop of a hat.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(08-31-2020, 09:19 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: If the PI could kick their corruption addiction, I think they'd rapidly become another South Korea in terms of economy.

Dut is a weird bird.  He changes his stance on issues at the drop of a hat.

Cheers

Yep instead of a mighty Oak he bends like a stalk of Bamboo in a lite breeze. 

There are islands (some percentage of the 7000 islands) in the PI that are controlled by the Muslim so called insurgents with their never ending quest for Muslim domination of everything they touch. The insurgents get their nerve up ever so often and cause mayhem then get slapped back down by the PI military until a new bunch of young Muslim men can be gathered and brainwashed into starting the cycle all over again..

I agree the PI could have been a power house of productivity and manufacturing but alas it has gone as many S.E. Asian countries where the few own everything and block almost all competition. Most of the population speaks pretty good English unlike other S.E. Asian countries.

I went to jungle survival school in the Philippines back in 1973... When not in the jungle or classes I had a great time with some of the city dwellers..
(08-31-2020, 09:19 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Dut is a weird bird.  He changes his stance on issues at the drop of a hat.

3d world dick-tater.  I like him ... then I don't like him ... and then I like him again.

If I was the POTUS, and he hollered for help, he wouldn't know whether I was in a liking mood ... or not.  Advantage:China
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!