Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I like it
I will post this because....I like it !  For those who have not flown and certainly never done acrobatics you have no idea the forces the human body goes through during such maneuvers.

When I first started acrobatics I could even make myself sick and this was after having flown for 1000s of hours.... but given time your body learns to cope and actually enjoy making the bird do things that seem impossible to those who live upon the ground and do not fly. An airline captain friend of mine wanted to do some acrobatics with me in my pride and joy "The Swiftfire." I took him up and did some rather gentile maneuvers... a slow roll, then a snap roll and I was just at the top of the following maneuver call an Immelman when Don declared he was going to throw up. "Not in my Aircraft you @E$%^ wimp," as I leveled the aircraft and gently flew back to my home airport. Don had 14,000 hours flying as an airline pilot.. go figure !  

Looking back upon the years spent upside down I now wonder if it was ego, stupidity, or just plain fun... I will vote for fun with a little stupidity thrown in for I have done things that today I would say, " Go ahead I will stay here and watch!"

Some of the best times was air to air shooting down an opponent/friend in an airborne laser tag game. Yep there are aircraft with sensors and lases for such entertainment.

This is a movie clip from Top gun Maverick ....not much acro involved but pulling "Gs" to survive. Tom Cruise is an actual pilot and I do believe he owns (or did own) a WW2 P-51 aircraft and maybe a T-39 jet he flies around California. 50 years ago you did not have to be a millionaire to own and fly a P-51 but today...forget it !
Probably better to turn the volume off for the following video... women tend to scream too much...

I crossed paths with Patty Wagstaff a few times a different airshows. I figured she had hung up her wings by now but NOPE there she was at 68 years of age still doing one of her world class routines in 2022 !! WTG girl !!

She had a problem in a fort tail doctor killer (V-tail Bonanza) upon landing. The bird got in the grass a flipped.

*Please Note: : @"727Sky" believes we're all aviation-experts like him and know the banter!!*
(Just kidding!)
minusculebeercheers
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(09-24-2022, 10:14 AM)BIAD Wrote: *Please Note: : @"727Sky" believes we're all aviation-experts like him and know the banter!!*
(Just kidding!)
minusculebeercheers

Look at it as a free aviation banter dictionary !! minusculebeercheers
(09-24-2022, 10:30 AM)727Sky Wrote:
(09-24-2022, 10:14 AM)BIAD Wrote: *Please Note: : @"727Sky" believes we're all aviation-experts like him and know the banter!!*
(Just kidding!)
minusculebeercheers

Look at it as a free aviation banter dictionary !! minusculebeercheers

I'll watch it, but if it doesn't use the word 'magic' to explain how an object can get into the air without
flapping its wings, I'll remain sceptical and continue to believe you and your fellow-pilots are really
just magicians.
tinyhuh tinybiggrin tinybiggrin
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I live by the airport. The Blue Angels come by every other year. I am still in awe of what I see. I must have a couple of thousand pictures of it all. You and others are giving kids a dream to shoot for which is a plus for us all.

minusculebeercheers
WHAT THE HELL !!
(09-24-2022, 08:41 AM)727Sky Wrote: 50 years ago you did not have to be a millionaire to own and fly a P-51 but today...forget it !

If it flies, floats or fucks ... it's too expensive to own.
(09-24-2022, 01:44 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(09-24-2022, 08:41 AM)727Sky Wrote: 50 years ago you did not have to be a millionaire to own and fly a P-51 but today...forget it !

If it flies, floats or fucks ... it's too expensive to own.

More true today than ever