Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Grey Man Of Ben Macdui
This has been reported from Scotland.
Quote:PROFESSOR Norman Collie was a man of science, a professor of chemistry at the University College London. He was also an avid hill-walker and the last man anyone expected to tell absurd stories of strange footsteps on a remote hill. Yet that was the tale he told at the annual general meeting of the Cairngorm Club in Aberdeen on a dark, winter night in December 1925.

Collie had been alone on Ben MacDui, the highest peak in the Cairngorms and the second highest in Scotland, in 1891 when he was became convinced that he was being stalked.

"I began to think I heard something else than merely the noise of my own footsteps," he said. "For every few steps I took I heard a crunch, and then another crunch as if someone was walking after me but taking steps three or four times the length of my own."
Overwhelmed by a sudden and fierce terror he ran four or five miles down the mountain as "the eerie crunch, crunch sounded behind".

This was the first official record of a strange presence on the hilltops high up in the Cairngorms, but it was not the last. A number of experienced climbers - rational men and women - have since given accounts of encountering Am Fear Liath Mor (The Big Grey Man) on the mountain.

Physical descriptions agree that the figure is hairy, huge - about 10 feet tall - with pointed ears, long legs and finger-like talons on his feet. So far so yeti, but descriptions of the Grey Man don’t stop there.
Source
[Image: 0_JS266587883.jpg]
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Strange, spooky phenomena that's been going on an awful long time. Some type of electro-magnetic presence that disrupts our brainwave activity? But what is the source?? So much we don't know in this bizarro world.
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

OK, it was me.
There's a nice pub in Aviemore and one Whisky led to another.... what can I say?

Actually...
Most of the reports that I've seen regarding the Grey Man of Ben Macdui fit very well within the characteristics of the "Broken Spectre" explanation.
There was a documentary a while back, where they visited Ben Macdui and tried to re-create the conditions which might explain many of the "sightings". It was quite remarkable how scary the phenomena (and that place) is!
The upper reaches of Ben Macdui are remote, barren, rocky, isolated and oppressive, with jagged rock formations, often covered with snow & ice. It's a scary place to be, and the nature of the slab-sided rock formations creates many weird echoes...
Strange footsteps following your own are often reported, which seem to stop when you do... (Could that just be weird echoes?)

Also, the rising mists/low cloud can definitely create the "broken spectre" imagery which was mentioned in the video.
That is basically where the low sun projects your own shadow onto a bank of cloud/fog/mist creating a huge humanoid shadow figure, which (obviously) follows your own movements.

The oppressive, isolated & lonely nature of the remote location, when combined with strange echoing footsteps and a huge grey man-shadow would be a VERY scary thing to experience. And it could explain a great many of the encounters.

I haven't previously heard about any persistent hum or strange languages heard, I may need to look into that a wee bit.

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(06-08-2022, 11:41 AM)gordi Wrote: OK, it was me.
There's a nice pub in Aviemore and one Whisky led to another.... what can I say?

Actually...
Most of the reports that I've seen regarding the Grey Man of Ben Macdui fit very well within the characteristics of the "Broken Spectre" explanation.
There was a documentary a while back, where they visited Ben Macdui and tried to re-create the conditions which might explain many of the "sightings". It was quite remarkable how scary the phenomena (and that place) is!
The upper reaches of Ben Macdui are remote, barren, rocky, isolated and oppressive, with jagged rock formations, often covered with snow & ice. It's a scary place to be, and the nature of the slab-sided rock formations creates many weird echoes...
Strange footsteps following your own are often reported, which seem to stop when you do... (Could that just be weird echoes?)

Also, the rising mists/low cloud can definitely create the "broken spectre" imagery which was mentioned in the video.
That is basically where the low sun projects your own shadow onto a bank of cloud/fog/mist creating a huge humanoid shadow figure, which (obviously) follows your own movements.

The oppressive, isolated & lonely nature of the remote location, when combined with strange echoing footsteps and a huge grey man-shadow would be a VERY scary thing to experience. And it could explain a great many of the encounters.

I haven't previously heard about any persistent hum or strange languages heard, I may need to look into that a wee bit.

G

Yes. Please look into it a little more for us.
The pictures of this area do look very Strange.

[Image: Summit-of-Ben-Mac-Dui-geograph-org-uk-50972.jpg][Image: greyman.jpg]
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(06-08-2022, 11:41 AM)gordi Wrote: OK, it was me.

Actually...

G

Is this the same phenomena as the Gray man of Ben Bulben, or is that a different Gray Man?

I once heard an odd "clanking" noise in the night time coming from the ground at my feet, but never a hum. We have also recorded "sky noises" here, at this location, but again not a hum. the only hums I have heard "out there" were explainable by millions of bees working millions of flowers in the spring time, and the cumulative effect sounded like a hum coming from the Earth itself.

Regarding the strange optical effects, I have seen what appears to be sun rays coming out of the ground opposite from where the sun was (in the west when the sun was rising in the east, for example), and was intrigued enough to take photos, but they turned out to be an odd optical phenomena called "crepuscular rays" where the sun rays traverse the entire sky, and appear to converge in the distance, and the eastern sky is too bright to show the actual source of the rays. The convergence maked them look like they are rising from a single point on the Earth where there is no sun to generate them

Lotta weird shit in this world with explanations that are not immediately apparent.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-09-2022, 05:33 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Is this the same phenomena as the Gray man of Ben Bulben, or is that a different Gray Man?

Different I think.
I haven't actually heard of The Gray Man of Ben Bulben, after a quick search I see that there is a Benbulbin in Co.Sligo, Ireland - is it associated with that mountain?
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]