Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's Talk About "Time Travel"
@"Mystic Wanderer"  Right I agree and this I think may help explain my or our why of thinking to Wallfire.

@"Wallfire"  My thoughts on your question is this, in the multi universe, there are multiple Dimension for Earth playing out and overlapping, there are Dimensions of Earth I believe   even in the future times of Earth you could travel to Earths that have evolved to the point, Humans are nothing more than a Helpless Being because of a Meteor Strike or the Eruption of a massive Volcano or there is a future arth where we've left or Planet and the Sun is Destroying Earth.
I think to travel into the Future would depend on how far you went and What Dimension of Earth you stopped at, Hell,,,, you could travel to an Earth that the Dinosaurs Control.
JMHO
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(11-03-2019, 12:40 AM)Wallfire Wrote: Time travel----- there is a problem that I would like to ask you all.
In my mind its possible to travel back in time because that time has already happened, but how can one travel forward in time ??
To travel forward in time means that time is all ready there and that everything is predetermined, if that is so it sort of makes life pointless

Time as we see it from our perspective, as a linear thing, does not exist. All "time" exists all at once, all at the same "time". Each instant, past present and future, all exist simultaneously. They are slightly out of phase with one another so that we cannot see the next or the previous one until we are in phase with it. From our physical perspective, we experience each phase shift as a linear progression, and we call that "time passing".

It's a bit like the illusion presented by a motion picture - each frame is still, a vignette of sorts, but if we experience the frames in a rapid succession, we get the illusion of motion and the passage of "time". It's a little like that illustration, except in 4 dimensions (if we conceive of "phase" as a dimension) instead of just two.

To make matters worse, and more complicated, there are multiple "timelines", and infinite multitude of potential "futures" (and "pasts", from the perspective of those alternate "futures"). For every potential outcome of every possible action in every instant, there is a "future" potential. Every event, from the smallest to the largest, spawns off another "timeline" in which the consequences of that choice/action play out. Everything that CAN happen, ever, IS happening right now in this instant - but out of phase from what we can see.

Science has done experiments that indicate that many people can see 6 to 12 seconds into the future. There is speculation that is the cause of some "deja vous" incidents, and why some people seem to have phenomenal reaction time. I personally believe that we cannot generally see any farther due to the confusion presented by the infinite timelines. When a "psychic" looks into the future, they are seeing a potential, but there is no guarantee that the individual they are fortune telling for will move down the particular timeline they are looking at.

So, life matters because the choices we make will determine which timeline we progress along, and there are infinite possibilities.

Scientists do not understand time for the most part because they are looking at it wrong. They do not actually understand the nature of time, because they are trying to force it to be a dimension, like height length and width, and it is not. Blame Einstein (and his erroneous conception of "spacetime") for that. I believe "phase" is the 4th dimension, not time, and time is the resulting totality of the 4 dimensions interacting, not a dimension itself.

That explanation is grossly oversimplified, but it's about as close as I can get, because I'm a gross simpleton.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

I can understand where Ninurta is coming from with his explanation and to actually attempt to grab a concept of
what time really is and being a creature of the tactile world, we do -as Ninurta said, always-always fail due to
'looking' at how we exist in time and yet cannot grasp it.

To the average person, the past can only exist in the form of memories. True, we can see the effects via the
passage of time, such as cave drawings and the lines on our faces, but specific points in our past tend to be
only accessed from our mind having the ability to 'visualise' a moment from our past.

That's why such outlandish stories like the John Titor account struggle to work, his vague explanations of how he
travelled back through time did attempt to offer the idea that every action now at this moment creates a time-line
and therefore, an uncountable amount of possibilities become available.

The only viable comment -in my opinion, for Titor's explanation is that if one looks back on their individual past
and recalls an event or incident, technically speaking, and I only mean this in the same linear-thinking that Ninurta
mentions, there would be a link between that event and where one is in the present due to that event.

But what is that link...? What is it made of or what qualities does is still hold that we can somehow approach and
possibly utilise?

Strangely, our brain holds the key. I too believe that the past, the present and the future reside together as a set
of information formed from physical actions and mental processes. Our limited perceptions that are based on our
surroundings, our self-accepted place in our reality and what we can imagine corralled with a rationality, create
memories that are also bound by those self-imposed rules.

For many, ruminations on such a complicated puzzle forces the suggestion that time doesn't actually exist and in
a way they're sort-of correct. It doesn't exist if we look at it under the titles of past, present and future, that's linear
-thinking again and won't get you far.

It's the contents of that make up those places in the passage of time or continuation of events that determine how
we view what is time. We call them memories. I would suggest that if a true time-machine was ever created, the
'device' that causes it to arrive at a physical place at a particular instance in time, must have a human-like brain
somehow attached.

I know that this suggestion may sound silly, but moving through time is partially connected to the 'If A Tree Falls
And There's No One There, Does It Make A Sound' conundrum. If a memory wasn't formed by any entity capable
of creating a recollection, then how do you know it happened and more complexing, did it happen?!

And you can't travel back in time to something that never happened. That's called imagination and entirely different
chat!

Albert Einstein should have been kicked in the balls for not explaining his theory of relativity fully to the layman, the
smiling German accidentally hinted via diagrams that the past and future could be somehow accessed, when in reality
he was talking about light travel.

Light is effected by gravity and since the observer -namely us, can see how light -or the carrier of information that
uses time to travel to the observer, is effected from the space it travels in and the gravity-creating forces within
that space, we come to accept that 'spacetime' proves access to time is possible.
The down-side is that the observer also effects the results of that movement of information-carrying light!

So we're really no further forward if we perceive time in the manner that theoretical physicists attempt to and that's
the problem we have. We've become complacent with vaguely accepting these scientific rules of the arrow of time
(past behind us and future ahead). Light does carry information, but it is information borne of an instant and can
only reside in the moment-it-happened-reality the instant or event became real.

There's a fair argument to be made that if you travelled faster than light and waited on the edge of the ever-moving
universe, the information in the light that eventually caught-up with you could be classified as that you're time-travelling,
but you're not going to the incident that occurred, the incident is merely coming to you.
Is that still valid...? I don't know and it still doesn't assist in how we could travel forward in time to a point where something
will or could happen.

If my past is a caveman's future, are the only significant relevance in the distance between the caveman's possible
imaginations of the future and my factual knowledge of the past, are simply me and the caveman?!
If so and for that tiny minuscule timeline between us, the only two factors are us and hence, understanding the passage
of time is also connected to our respective consciousness.

The past can be accessed right now via your or I remembering an incident and ergo, it becomes present. The will
to unleash a present-day desire can cause a real outcome in the future and that is travelling forward in time.
And it all initially happens in our heads where you can hear sounds without the use of ears, see occurrences without
using your eyes and smell aromas without your nose.

(By the way, that was why I designed Boy In A Dress like that in the first place!)

The trick to answer this -I believe in my humble opinion, resides between where we dangle earrings from!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Good lord, @BIAD!  Is there a grade above A+?   If so, you just earned it in my opinion for your explanation.

Ninurta just gets an A+.   smallgreengrin
(11-03-2019, 12:51 PM)BIAD Wrote: To the average person, the past can only exist in the form of memories. True, we can see the effects via the
passage of time, such as cave drawings and the lines on our faces, but specific points in our past tend to be
only accessed from our mind having the ability to 'visualise' a moment from our past.

The lines in my face are starting to look like cave drawings - there may be some correlation between that fact and my standard mode of behavior there...

Quote:That's why such outlandish stories like the John Titor account struggle to work, his vague explanations of how he
travelled back through time did attempt to offer the idea that every action now at this moment creates a time-line
and therefore, an uncountable amount of possibilities become available.

That's a good explanation of Titor's "Many Worlds" paradigm, with the caveat that (in my concept of time, anyhow) the actions do not exactly "create" a new timeline (that's just an explanatory device so that folks can understand the concept), but rather the timelines already exist, always have and always will. What we perceive of as the "creation" of a timeline is just our decision or action setting us in motion along one that already exists out of many other possibilities, which also exist simultaneously.

Quote:Strangely, our brain holds the key. I too believe that the past, the present and the future reside together as a set
of information formed from physical actions and mental processes. Our limited perceptions that are based on our
surroundings, our self-accepted place in our reality and what we can imagine corralled with a rationality, create
memories that are also bound by those self-imposed rules.

For many, ruminations on such a complicated puzzle forces the suggestion that time doesn't actually exist and in
a way they're sort-of correct. It doesn't exist if we look at it under the titles of past, present and future, that's linear
-thinking again and won't get you far.

I think we are about to get into metaphysical territory here, which may (or may not) delight Mystic Wanderer. The key IS our perceptions of events, but where do those perceptions come from? One may say "it comes from our brains", which would be correct as far as it goes, but then the question arises of "well where do our brains get it from?" One may say "from our eyes, ears, and noses", but another may have a different, more metaphysical (or quantum-physical) explanation. There are those among us (Atheists come to mind) who cannot conceive of anything they cannot touch, see, smell, or taste. For them, the explanation ends at "from our brains", because that is the last physical link to the conundrum. Beyond the brain, we enter realms that they cannot grab and shake, and so, for them, must not exist.

Quote:Albert Einstein should have been kicked in the balls for not explaining his theory of relativity fully to the layman, the
smiling German accidentally hinted via diagrams that the past and future could be somehow accessed, when in reality
he was talking about light travel.

Yes! Exactly! The "Twin Paradox" is not a paradox at all when one realizes that it's only the light travel which makes it appear to be a paradox! Time itself does not telescope in the way that the theory explains it! Travelling outward at the speed of light only means that you are matching pace with the light itself, and the information it conveys - it does NOT mean that you are somehow magically manipulating time itself. Likewise, the return journey appears to speed time up as you consecutively pass each information packet that the light is carrying, but upon return, thousands or millions of years will not have passed - you will only be caught up to the present (of both of the twins) if you payed attention to the light you were passing on the way back home. The only time that will have passed for both twins is the time the journey - out and back - took. There are experiments that "prove" that time is relative to speed, but they are flawed by confirmation biases.

Quote:If my past is a caveman's future, are the only significant relevance in the distance between the caveman's possible
imaginations of the future and my factual knowledge of the past, are simply me and the caveman?!
If so and for that tiny minuscule timeline between us, the only two factors are us and hence, understanding the passage
of time is also connected to our respective consciousness.

Exactly. Time can never be traversed by the physical or corporeal being. We can only attain the illusion of time travel in that manner. "Time travel" can only be accomplished by the non-corporeal, whether one cares to call it "metaphysical" or "spiritual". It's all a matter of consciousness and perception, rather than actual physical motion. The physical is limited by our understanding of physics, the non-physical is not (unless we are atheists and limit ourselves to the physical realm).

Quote:The trick to answer this -I believe in my humble opinion, resides between where we dangle earrings from!

minusculebeercheers
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Quote:I think we are about to get into metaphysical territory here, which may (or may not) delight Mystic Wanderer.

@"Ninurta", you've learned me well. I love discussing metaphysical and quantum physics topics.  I just can't articulate my thoughts and words as well as you and BIAD do. 

Great job to both of you!   minusculebeercheers
(11-03-2019, 11:29 PM)Ninurta Wrote: ....That's a good explanation of Titor's "Many Worlds" paradigm, with the caveat that (in my concept of time, anyhow)
the actions do not exactly "create" a new timeline (that's just an explanatory device so that folks can understand the
concept), but rather the timelines already exist, always have and always will.

What we perceive of as the "creation" of a timeline is just our decision or action setting us in motion along one that already
exists out of many other possibilities, which also exist simultaneously...
Right there is a forehead-slapping moment that I should've written what Ninurta explains!!

Of course the incalculable 'future' timelines exist and always have, because if they were reliant on a choice being
chosen, it would be only then that the possible timeline would 'come into being'.

That would mean the timeline that is occurring due to that choice and so in a manner of thinking, the timeline is
subjected to its existence on a standard 'all-user' timeline and ergo, non-existent before the choice.

If the timeline didn't exist until the selection of that timeline, then in theory the future doesn't exist and if the future
doesn't exist, then the caveman's future -or my present, which involves anyone and everything that exists before I
was born at the precise moment I was, never was!

It's a prime example that shows the past, the present and the future is available in 'one place' or form.
minusculethumbsup
(11-04-2019, 12:58 PM)BIAD Wrote: Right there is a forehead-slapping moment that I should've written what Ninurta explains!!

Of course the incalculable 'future' timelines exist and always have, because if they were reliant on a choice being
chosen, it would be only then that the possible timeline would 'come into being'.

That would mean the timeline that is occurring due to that choice and so in a manner of thinking, the timeline is
subjected to its existence on a standard 'all-user' timeline and ergo, non-existent before the choice.

If the timeline didn't exist until the selection of that timeline, then in theory the future doesn't exist and if the future
doesn't exist, then the caveman's future -or my present, which involves anyone and everything that exists before I
was born at the precise moment I was, never was!

It's a prime example that shows the past, the present and the future is available in 'one place' or form.
minusculethumbsup

Indeed, and that would mean that every single one of us could change the entire universe for every OTHER single one of us several times a day by such simple acts as deciding on bacon instead of sausage for breakfast in a sort of "butterfly" effect - you know, "a butterfly flaps it's wings in the Amazon, disturbing air currents which propagate and intensify from latent energy in the atmosphere until a hurricane is created off the coast of Africa, moves west, and wipes out Florida" sort of effect.

NO decision is without consequences, but with an infinity of timelines, those decisions are moderated for the rest of the universe, which has it's own decisions to make, and other timelines to follow. That was why Titor estimated a "2% divergence" between his own timeline and ours, whether he was real or fake, he was at least a showman who thought it out well! I don't think anyone has figured out how he arrived at the percentage divergence comment, though. When you have an entire universe to factor in, how do you calculate percentages?

First time I heard about the "Looking Glass" was from Corey Goode when he appeared on Cosmic Disclosure. A little far-fetched for most people to believe. Now, just last night, Q mentions Project Looking Glass in a post...

Quote:3585

8kun Routes Through DoD Server
Q!!mG7VJxZNCI 11 Nov 2019 - 7:49:10 PM

https://twitter.com/fillasaufical/status...0039085057?

Project Looking Glass?
Going Forward in Order to Look Back.
Q

On the same day we have POTUS tweeting about reverse engineering.  Hmmm... minusculethinking

[Image: EJLoHyqU4AAatyg?format=jpg&name=small]

More connections between Q and President Trump to show he's a part of the Q group.

And here is a great read about Project Looking Glass if you want to take a deeper look into it:

Quote:The Commentary that follows is from my [Bill Hamilton's] source that linked with inside sources and took notes on Project Looking Glass (LG) and Time Travel experiments:
“With regard to LG (Looking Glass): As I understand it, this device (at least 3 to 4 years ago) could not focus on a detailed sequence of activities in the future. In other words, you could not see exactly what would happen, like a series of events.

I was told to consider the multiverse (5) idea combined with work by Richard Gott on cosmic strings (6).

The multiverse apparently is accessed when the forward mode is set. I was also told to consider the views provided by LG as one of many potential realities (at least in the future view mode).

I have also been told that recently there has been an effort made to outfit videotape recorders to be sent forward through the apparatus, thereby allowing the dark project people to gain some insight into what may take place.

When I heard about this several questions came to my mind. The most pressing of which was: if a camera were sent forward in time/space, would it be able to record anything other than what was immediately in front of its lens? I mean, what if LG were located in the middle of the Groom Lake facility, and the operators wanted to gain insight into the outcome of a conflict, say in the Middle East.

How could a videotape recorder, set to record what was right in front of its lens at that location gather any data on the Middle East if it were still stuck in the middle of the Mojave desert when it got to the future??? Hell, something important could be happening right behind the camera and it would miss it - a couple of degrees change in camera direction allows one set of events to be seen while another set is completely overlooked, much less events half a world away.

To answer this question, my contact was not specific, saying only that cameras did not move, as mass does not change in its perspective to space time. However, such an item placed into the injected atmosphere, might experience a different time, if only briefly. And cameras could film within the gas or see images in the injected atmosphere as though it were a lens reflecting events in and around the column. I was given to understand that the tilt or positioning of the electromagnets would allow different views or positions in the environment to be reflected in the gas column.

(I feel confident that at least two rings of electromagnets are employed and that the rest of the device is composed of a barrel and the gas injected into the barrel - Two different sources have indicated that these are the basic components - These magnets spin in different directions, creating a charge of some kind.

Then the gas is injected into the barrel. Depending on the direction of the spin - I am sure speed and tilt and a bunch of other factors must also have an effect - time space can be warped forward or backwards by long or short distances relative to the present. I have reason to believe that the scientists have completed a map of the exact positions and speeds of the magnets necessary to reach targeted times both forward and back.)

Apparently, images of the events at different places, relative to the location of the device can be picked up and in essence reflected off the gas, causing it to behave like a teleprompter or crystal ball, for lack of a better example.

There's lots more to this report, but to save space, please continue HERE.

This video from Project Camelot, with guest Bill Wood, discusses Project Looking Glass and his knowledge of the program. It begins almost at the 2:00 mark.

Yes, I see "Q" is Back!!!!!!!
The White Hat/Alliance (Good Guys) are making Life Miserable for the Federation/ Black/Cabal Hat (Bad Guys).
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
The camera does not have to move, because the rest of the universe does. As an oversimplified example, sending the camera 19 hours into the future could cause it to materialize in BIAD's shed and begin recording as the UK heaves into the place occupied by Area 51 19 hours before...

Gawd, I hope they don't do that!

(11-13-2019, 03:50 AM)Ninurta Wrote: The camera does not have to move, because the rest of the universe does. As an oversimplified example, sending the camera 19 hours into the future could cause it to materialize in BIAD's shed and begin recording as the UK heaves into the place occupied by Area 51 19 hours before...

Gawd, I hope they don't do that!

It's only happened twice and the position of the equipment for time-viewing ensured that whichever well-funded
group were snooping in BIAD's shed, they got an eyeful of the Man-Girl's own style of 'equipment'!
tinyhuh

And that's one of the main problems when it comes to discussing time travel, the perception that there is some form
of movement. It's that darn linear concept that tricks us into believing that we 'go' somewhere else and that a past or
future event is in another place.
It would just be in another time.

It's true that we currently don't know whether a particle or an actual human being will be able to roam around in another
timeline other than their own, but at the moment it's guessed that we'd have to remain in this current time and be only
able to observe via reflection the possible developments in any timeline.

The other obstacle is that if we could choose a different time and find our viewing blocked by a building being erected
or a tree growing right in the position we'd be observing, how would we know -or even be able to, situate our time-travel
device in a suitable place!

Still staying with the John Titor suggestion, that it's doubtful one can return to his-or-her exact timeline, the idea of what
is a definite truth would have to reevaluated. Taking in all the subtle variances of these countless timelines, what we believed
happened in -let's say the Second World War, individual truths would be slightly-to wildly different to what we accept happened
in our known timeline.

In Quantum physics, experiments have shown that an observer effects outcome and so what effects would occur when we are
able to view the past or future? So it'd be prudent that we know the rules before we embark on this exploration. I think that when
we get to grips with what is the true reality of the universe -as the faster-than-light actions of neutrinos' abilities have shown us,
then we may be able to master time travel and our ramifications on these timelines.

However as of writing, there's no evidence to suggest that a DeLorean isn't still the best mode of time-trekking!