Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
**Announcing the All Hallow's Eve Writers Contest**
Hello Everyone !!

We are proud to announce Rogue-Nation's new upcoming Writers Contest, based on Halloween (All Hallow's Eve), which will start next Sunday, October 9th 2016 !!

The Theme :

[Image: d55Ffss.png]

The Rules :

• The Contest is open to everyone; members, staff and admins.
  • Only one entry per participant; so make it count !
  • Entries may not be longer than two (2) posts long.
  • Pictures are allowed as long as they contribute to the story.
  • No videos allowed. See the guidelines as to why; hint...it's close to midnight and we're in the woods for God sakes...

The Guidelines :

You, the writer, are the narrator. We, the readers, are all sitting with you around a campfire. It's close to midnight and the darkness of the night has really set in...and aside from the campfire giving all of us a shadowy glimpse of each other, it's pitch black out there. Our chatter is interrupted at times by those creepy sounds coming from the woods...

So you have to write your story as if you are talking to us, telling us a creepy story that'll make our blood freeze...

Your story may be about ghosts, ghouls, vampires, zombies, aliens, tragedies, a paranormal experience gone wrong or any other crazy creepy stuff your imagination can muster...

• Your story MUST be an original. NOT a story you've written before, copied and pasted, thinking that it applies here. Points will be awarded for Originality.

• Your story MUST be creepy. That's the whole purpose of this contest. It should give us goosebumps if we were to read it around a real campfire; in the woods, close to midnight. Keep it clean however; it may be graphic but keep it within reason. Points will be awarded for Creepiness.

• You MUST start with the suffix [HAL2016] before your title.

• You MUST write 'The End' at the end of your story (be it one or two posts when you're done) so that we know your story has ended its course.

• The Contest will last three (3) weeks and will end Tuesday, November 1st, 2016.

• IMPORTANT : Any entries submitted before October 9th will automatically be taken out. A new thread for the entries will surface on October 9th where you will be able to submit your participating story.

The Judges :

OmegaLogos has volunteered to monitor and moderate the event; we joyfully agreed. Curse words are allowed within your story as long as they have a good reason to be. As mentioned, your entry will be judged on Originality and Creepiness AND a Voting Poll will also be up to gather points. One vote = One point.

There will be a panel of three (3) judges.

IMPORTANT :

For the very first time since we've had writers contests, there will only be ONE winner. The story with the most points (awarded for Originality and Creepiness; which will be given from a scale of 1 to 10... ( 1 for absolutely disastrous to 10 for Absolutely awesome ) / and the Voting Poll) will merit its rightful author one of our very own Rogue-Nation gears !!!

If two (2) or three (3) stories end up in a tie, the contest will be prolonged and those participants in a tie will have to submit a second story for judging. If a tie occurs once again...ALL of those in a tie will win.

The Prize :

As mentioned, Rogue-Nation gears. Meaning a Rogue-Nation T-Shirt for him or her, or a Rogue-Nation Tank-Top for her, or a Rogue-Nation Coffee Mug...which will be sent right to your door !!!!

Our good friend and Moderator DuckforcoveR has been able to obtain our very own coffee mugs and pictures will follow.

As for the other gears you might be eligible to win by submitting an entry...here's an idea:

[Image: 92ufKCJ.png] [Image: 548JHwU.png]

[Image: aXLgFge.png] [Image: I0uwSeH.png]

[Image: TAWw6L4.png] [Image: idnvVC2.png]

Now how COOL is that ?!?!?!?

We will be promoting this contest until it begins, next Sunday.

So get your e-pencils ready...this is going to be FUN !!!

This Announcement will remain open for questions that you may have.

Oh man...THIS gives me the creeps... <--- that's the type of story we are wishing for...

See you in a week : )

Sol for the Admins.

minusculebeercheers
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
Oh man, I can sink my teeth into this one! tinylaughing 

Only one problem... time.  This is going to be a very busy month for me. This is "festival month" all around me, and I need to set up a booth at many different places, but I hope to be able to enter with a good story, if I have any energy left to do so. It's hard for me to write when I'm tired.

We'll see. minusculebiggrin
Boy In A Dress is rubbing his... his hands in anticipation!

This one is gonna be good!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=559]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
If I enter and IF I were to win.... since I live overseas and shipping charges are astronomical.... I will donate my T-Shirt and Coffee Mug to the one with the shortest entry.. Unless the entry is less than 100 words... Then they go to the 101+ word entry.. I actually have a true campfire war story... if I get motivated to write it..

Good idea about the story line.. It will kinda give us a chance to storyline interact with our other members... 

Good luck to all as long as I win !! hahahhahahaa
What a great idea, creepy campfire stories!! tinysurprised 

Can't wait for it to start.  smallgreensmoker

And many thanks to DFC for the RN gear prizes   minusculethumbsup

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

I thought I'd take a quick look around the internet to see if there's any
interest by others about the fashion-wear for this site and...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=560]

Listen... I'm not judging, okay?!!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=561]
More very important people.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Wanted ?!?!?!?

smirk

WOW !! He'll never admit it but Trump changed his hat to "Let's make America Great...like Rogue-Nation. !!!"

All of those pics are keepers !! The LOT of them !!!!

hugedancingbaby
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
Oh @"BIAD" , those are GREAT!!

Thank goodness for the paparazzi, being able to catch them with the RN tshirts!!

Except, am wondering about the pin the Pope is wearing.
If it says what I think it does, I find it offensive.

Is there a safe place somewhere that I can go stand???
At least until the fear and anxiety goes away.....   minusculespooked

[Image: 4c64d87487144ebf8556e647ae3e31a1.png]Not our precious BIAD.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(10-05-2016, 02:38 AM)senona Wrote: [Image: 4c64d87487144ebf8556e647ae3e31a1.png]
Not our precious BIAD.
Weeeellll.... it something he did whilst accompanying my wife and myself when we visited
Rome last year. It may be inappropriate to mention it here, but it involves something
Boy In A Dress did in the Pope's hat as he thought it'd be funny.

It wasn't funny to the poor cardinals who had to wipe it up when it fell out of Pope
Francis' mitre and personally, I think BIAD should invest in more roughage in his breakfast
habits.

Edit: Apparently -and I still don't believe him, but BIAD reckons he misread the book title
of something he'd read around that time. Yes... it was 'The Cat In The Hat'
(10-04-2016, 07:19 PM)BIAD Wrote: I thought I'd take a quick look around the internet to see if there's any
interest by others about the fashion-wear for this site and...

Listen... I'm not judging, okay?!!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=561]
More very important people.
I like Being Wanted!
I hope it for something I'm Worthy Of!  smallslavedriver smallmachinegun
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
smallslavedriver  Whip It, Whip It Good!  smallslavedriver  
[Image: ooVKuvmT2uc] WHEY!  minusculeclap
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!