Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jon On The Pact - Raw and From The Heart
I have to give the devil his due. Jon Stewart is not my favorite person, but on this I agree with him.

I don't have to like a person, and I can disagree with them on a regular basis, but when they say something that I do agree with, or if they prove me wrong, I have to give them credit.

I also am not fond of profanities, but sometimes, it works when it says what can't be said any other way. I think his apology was not needed, and his choice of words were spot on.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

I saw this yesterday. I love Jon Stewart, and I have a lot of respect for his advocacy for veterans. I saw how emotional he got talking about it. I think it's reprehensible that people like Senator Pat Toomey would turn around and vote this bill down. I just can't wrap my head around his and others mentality and their excuses for changing their vote.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
(07-31-2022, 11:25 PM)ChiefD Wrote: I saw this yesterday. I love Jon Stewart, and I have a lot of respect for his advocacy for veterans. I saw how emotional he got talking about it. I think it's reprehensible that people like Senator Pat Toomey would turn around and vote this bill down. I just can't wrap my head around his and others mentality and their excuses for changing their vote.

Being a Vet, and being a nurse, makes this hit a bit close to home for me.

I like the way he kept saying "I am used to it'. Because so am I. I have worked in and with the Federal, local, county, and State governments my entire working career, and I grew up as a military brat, so nothing the government does, or doesn't do, surprises me any more.

I feel much pain when I think of all of those families and military that believed and trusted that our government would do right by them. I once believed that too, but I learned fairly quickly, that the military is run by the government, and the government is concerned only about power and money. Sacrificing American or military lives, means about as much to them as dropping a penny on the ground. And they would pick up the penny, before they will reach a hand toward the people.

• minusculebeercheers 

When someone speaks truth I'll take it from just about anyone. A whole lotta Machiavellian tactics and virtue signalling going on.

[Image: YTW4EuG.jpg]
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

As I understand what is going on... The Bill was OK until the Dems tacked on a bunch of democratic pork. The Repubs said no take it out and the bill will move forward and pass but alas the dems are holding firm and trying to make everyone who will not approve another added pork spending bill look like they hate vets... same old Washington contrived Bull shit. Few things in Washington are as they appear.
(08-01-2022, 02:58 AM)727Sky Wrote: As I understand what is going on... The Bill was OK until the Dems tacked on a bunch of democratic pork. The Repubs said no take it out and the bill will move forward and pass but alas the dems are holding firm and trying to make everyone who will not approve another added pork spending bill look like they hate vets... same old Washington contrived Bull shit. Few things in Washington are as they appear.

I think Schumer agreed to remove the pork, and there should be another vote (pork-free) on it this week. It the same way that Pelosi split the assault weapon ban off from the fund the police legislation in the house, made two separate bills out of it, and passed the assault weapon ban Friday in the dark of the night.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(08-01-2022, 05:43 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(08-01-2022, 02:58 AM)727Sky Wrote: As I understand what is going on... The Bill was OK until the Dems tacked on a bunch of democratic pork. The Repubs said no take it out and the bill will move forward and pass but alas the dems are holding firm and trying to make everyone who will not approve another added pork spending bill look like they hate vets... same old Washington contrived Bull shit. Few things in Washington are as they appear.

I think Schumer agreed to remove the pork, and there should be another vote (pork-free) on it this week. It the same way that Pelosi split the assault weapon ban off from the fund the police legislation in the house, made two separate bills out of it, and passed the assault weapon ban Friday in the dark of the night.

I hope the senate kills the ban...or gun owners just say no
(08-01-2022, 06:58 AM)727Sky Wrote:
(08-01-2022, 05:43 AM)Ninurta Wrote:

I hope the senate kills the ban...or gun owners just say no

Most folks expect the senate to kill it, because elections are coming up and they take a beating every time they try that crap. I reckon they'll never learn. Even f they don't, I'm just going to say no. My rights are not subject to their vote.

It was that congress critter who recently said "I don't want to hear about your Constitutional rights" that introduced the ban. S'ok. he don't have to hear what he don't want to hear. He can ban whatever he wants. His trouble will be when he comes to take it. His unwillingness to listen doesn't mean he wasn't warned. Not our problem if he plugged his ears.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(08-01-2022, 08:47 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Most folks expect the senate to kill it, because elections are coming up and they take a beating every time they try that crap. I reckon they'll never learn. Even f they don't, I'm just going to say no. My rights are not subject to their vote.

It was that congress critter who recently said "I don't want to hear about your Constitutional rights" that introduced the ban. S'ok. he don't have to hear what he don't want to hear. He can ban whatever he wants. His trouble will be when he comes to take it. His unwillingness to listen doesn't mean he wasn't warned. Not our problem if he plugged his ears.

What is the real plan?

They know that a ban is not going to stop people from owning these weapons. 

They will have less luck with that then they have had with their war on drugs.

So what is the real reason they are trying to start another useless war on the people that they cannot win?

• minusculebeercheers