Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This 3-minute animation will change the way you see the universe
One video I had seen years ago kinda showed me just how insignificant we are when we compare our Sun (Sol *wink wink*) to what's out there..(well...what we found so far anyways)...

Here is that video:

Pretty cool huh?

Now, another simulation has come out that shows us in much the same way...but from a Universe stand point.

Quote:Carl Sagan told us that there are more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on all of the Earth's beaches. At the same time, there are more H2O molecules in just 10 drops of water than there are stars.

Ranging from the unimaginably small to the unimaginably big, the scale of the universe is mind-boggling. Watch to try to wrap your head around it.

This 3-minute animation will change the way you see the universe

Did I say insignificant?

God is out there....somewhere....  tinyfunny

Mindblown.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
I thought I was having a "Mandela Effect" moment!  I've seen several posts lately with Mars coming before the Earth in the order from the sun, but I suppose this one has it listed that way because of size.  I actually had to go look it up to prove I wasn't having a "senior moment".   tinywondering 

Yeah, looking at this should knock all those arrogant minds down a notch!   tinylaughing We are nothing compared to the universe.
(09-25-2016, 08:26 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I thought I was having a "Mandela Effect" moment!  I've seen several posts lately with Mars coming before the Earth in the order from the sun, but I suppose this one has it listed that way because of size.  I actually had to go look it up to prove I wasn't having a "senior moment".   tinywondering 

Yeah, looking at this should knock all those arrogant minds down a notch!   tinylaughing We are nothing compared to the universe.

True, Very True!
Thank's Sol, that was Eye Opening!  tinysurprised
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
There are several who are jumping on the band wagon that the universe we live in is 92 trillion light years and expanding. Our universe could be like a soap bubble in God's bath tub... Just one of many bubbles always touching but separated by the bubble's membrane... Let us hope he does not pull the stopper/plug !  tinysurprised minusculebeercheers
(09-26-2016, 11:54 AM)727Sky Wrote: There are several who are jumping on the band wagon that the universe we live in is 92 trillion light years and expanding. Our universe could be like a soap bubble in God's bath tub... Just one of many bubbles always touching but separated by the bubble's membrane... Let us hope he does not pull the stopper/plug !  tinysurprised minusculebeercheers

That's the first I had heard of that. When I was a kid, the universe was "infinite", but when the Big Bang nonsense came along, it got shrunk all the way down to a mere "13.5 billion light years across", and that last I'd heard, that's where it has stayed. When did it get expanded back up to 92 trillion light years?

That would be a size increase of 6814.81 radiii, or a volume increase of 1,325,715,759,546.14 - i.e. 1.3 trillion of the "old" universes would fit into this "new" universe.

The "old" 13.5 billion light year universe was unimaginably huge, but this "new" one would be unimaginably huger.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(09-26-2016, 09:05 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(09-26-2016, 11:54 AM)727Sky Wrote: There are several who are jumping on the band wagon that the universe we live in is 92 trillion light years and expanding. Our universe could be like a soap bubble in God's bath tub... Just one of many bubbles always touching but separated by the bubble's membrane... Let us hope he does not pull the stopper/plug !  tinysurprised minusculebeercheers

When did it get expanded back up to 92 trillion light years?

Maybe God farted in the bath and made the bubbles bigger?
But I'm only speculating.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(09-26-2016, 09:17 PM)BIAD Wrote:

When did it get expanded back up to 92 trillion light years?

Maybe God farted in the bath and made the bubbles bigger?
But I'm only speculating.
You know God's a Woman Right?
[Image: _ryvs7.gif]
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]

That's the first I had heard of that. When I was a kid, the universe was "infinite", but when the Big Bang nonsense came along, it got shrunk all the way down to a mere "13.5 billion light years across", and that last I'd heard, that's where it has stayed. When did it get expanded back up to 92 trillion light years?

That would be a size increase of 6814.81 radiii, or a volume increase of 1,325,715,759,546.14 - i.e. 1.3 trillion of the "old" universes would fit into this "new" universe.

The "old" 13.5 billion light year universe was unimaginably huge, but this "new" one would be unimaginably huger.

Do not confuse the age of 13.5 to 13.8 billion with size.  Because of inflation the universe is expanding at such a rate (most say faster than light... wait nothing can go faster than light !! Wrong nothing can go through space faster than light but there is no speed limit on the expansion of the universe.) I do not agree in total with this video for I am a big "M" theory fan. However there is much truth IMO in the video. We can see what is within the Hubble sphere which is also expanding.

The observable universe in about 46 1/2 billion light-years from us (the center) to any edge. so it's a sphere with a radius of about 46.5 billion light-years or 93 billion across as observed. Keep in mind that that center is a movable object just like you standing on a high tower where you are while I stand on a high tower where I am.. The center of our universe is where we stand. From an aircraft at 33,000 on most days I could see out to 125/150 Nautical Miles .. Even if I were traveling at 600 MPH I could still see only 125/150 nm. That was my observable airplane universe in a direct line of sight. It matters not if you are on a far away planet you will still see the universe as 93 billion light years because of inflation and the speed of light constant...

So if the BICEP2 detection of inflation is correct, it is probable the Universe undergoes eternal inflation. IF that is the case, our observable universe is merely one bubble within an endless sea of other bubble universes. This is otherwise referred to as… the multiverse. Which I like that idea...dunno know why but I like it ...

We cannot observe space beyond the edge of our observable universe, (which is also expanding do to better technology) it is unknown whether the size of the Universe is finite or infinite and I have spent some time looking where I read/heard/ or saw the 92 trillion bubble of the entire universe. 93 billion is what they assume is our observable universe however just because you can not see something does not mean it does not exist. Having faith and flying to a city across the ocean .... If my course were true and the weather cooperated it would still be about 125/150 NM from destination before I could see the city.. Yep poor example but hey it works for me !!