Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A story of genetically created Zombies
About 40 minutes into this story....Not to bad.... and I do not usually like zombie stories... Some day maybe the story will not be a story of fiction; think Prions baby, Prions all the way.

(07-17-2022, 07:39 AM)727Sky Wrote: About 40 minutes into this story....Not to bad.... and I do not usually like zombie stories... Some day maybe the story will not be a story of fiction; think Prions baby, Prions all the way.

By season 3 of Walking Dead I was making plans.

[Image: ugvYkn7.jpg]
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

(07-18-2022, 02:57 AM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote:
(07-17-2022, 07:39 AM)727Sky Wrote: About 40 minutes into this story....Not to bad.... and I do not usually like zombie stories... Some day maybe the story will not be a story of fiction; think Prions baby, Prions all the way.

Looking well prepared !

This is the first audio book that presented a semi believable scenario on how to create a Zombie that I have read/heard.
(07-18-2022, 03:25 AM)727Sky Wrote:

Looking well prepared !

This is the first audio book that presented a semi believable scenario on how to create a Zombie that I have read/heard.

Hmmm. So, is this super looooong audio reading of only "Patient Zero" novel or multiple books in the Joe Ledger series?

Quote:LARRY: Your novel Patient Zero revolves around a bioterrorism agent/disease that appears to turn people into a zombie like state (should be dead, but aren’t, and are aggressive). Unlike other novels where the authors merely state “Oh! Look, a zombie”, you have quite a bit of science on how the disease works, delving into prions (which are important in studying human and animal nuerological disorders like mad cow disease, as I understand it) and TSEs. Where did you learn about prions, and what motivated you to include them in an action story?

[Image: 080652877X.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SL300_.jpg?w=620]MABERRY: Most of the initial research was for a nonfiction book I was writing a couple of years ago, ZOMBIE CSU: The Forensics of the Living Dead (Citadel Press, 2008). For that project I interviewed hundreds of experts in different fields, ranging from forensic science to epidemiology and other fields of medicine. I was trying to build a case for how the real world would react, research and respond to a threat as described in the George A. Romero Living Dead films, and in some of the better zombies (or zombie-like) films that followed.
I was surprised to learn that science could explain a lot of what we saw in zombie films. That’s both cool and creepy, depending on where you stand.
The creepiest prion disease is Fatal familial insomnia, in which the sufferers cannot fall asleep, even when medicated. They remain perpetually awake until they go crazy and their bodies break down. It’s a horrible disease…but a perfect core pathogen for a zombie tale. I went a few steps along that dark road to have my villains bond it with an aggressive parasite (also based on things found in nature).

Interview with Jonathan Maberry

Interestingly, that Fatal familial insomnia was the disease used in the 2021 tv movie "Awake" - IMDB

Oh, the horror!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11638]

Abstract & paper

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

I didn't finish that series, but I did see a few episodes with this character and his bat.

It is characters like him, the cannibals from "The Road", and the all the other evil characters in almost every dystopia movie, that concerns me the most. Because I know what evil lurks in the heart of man.

When it was said that we have a sin nature, I take that to mean, that evil is naturally present within us.

Like the native Americans tale says, we carry within us, two beast. The evil beast thrives with little to no effort at all. We have to plant, fertilize, and nurture the goodness within us.

This is what I fear the most about when the crap hits the fan.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(07-18-2022, 10:17 PM)eNightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

I didn't finish that series, but I did see a few episodes with this character and his bat.

It is characters like him, the cannibals from "The Road", and the all the other evil characters in almost every dystopia movie, that concerns me the most. Because I know what evil lurks in the heart of man.

When it was said that we have a sin nature, I take that to mean, that evil is naturally present within us.

Like the native Americans tale says, we carry within us, two beast. The evil beast thrives with little to no effort at all. We have to plant, fertilize, and nurture the goodness within us.

The criminal destructive indifference with regards to behavior of certain segments of any society makes one wonder how to hell can anyone be so cruel and just damn right evil, therefore IMO, we do not need dreamers and optimist; we need soldiers and killers willing to do or die to extinguish evil.

About 12 plus hours into the story...so far still not disappointed. Greed, religious fanaticism, and betrayal keeps the story moving along.
(07-19-2022, 12:16 AM)727Sky Wrote:
(07-18-2022, 10:17 PM)eNightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

The criminal destructive indifference with regards to behavior of certain segments of any society makes one wonder how to hell can anyone be so cruel and just damn right evil, therefore IMO, we do not need dreamers and optimist; we need soldiers and killers willing to do or die to extinguish evil.

About 12 plus hours into the story...so far still not disappointed. Greed, religious fanaticism, and betrayal keeps the story moving along.

You must be retired. Or on auto pilot, alot.  tinybiggrin

There is (or was) a site that used an AI algorithm to generate song lyrics from any web page with text. So, I fed it a page from ATS thread (20 posts) and it produced:

Glorious Questions

Verse 1

Blue, a violent storm
tears on Joe Biden
when hate was born

Eviscerate, Independence, mutilate
with East Coast
love desecrates

March towards oblivion
Fury be my guide
sinners and saints
all crucified

Chorus

Oh Save America, Save America
Darkness descends
Without WORLD
the pain never ends

Verse 2

Agony infested
drowning in cookies
pure evil, manifested

Wrote Nothing on a grave
bloody, rotted affairs
who should we save?

No spirits to conjure
in volcanoes of dark
a sniper's bullet
never misses its mark

Chorus

Oh Save America, Save America
Darkness descends
Without WORLD happiness
the pain never ends

I misplaced the link somewhere.

Been retired for 20 years which fits my personality perfectly.  8.5 military aviation, 8.0 corporate pilot, and 25 years as a pilot for a big big airline... Now just an old guy who plays golf and wins people's money when their ego gets the best of them... There is an art in there somewhere !! hahahah minusculebeercheers I like to walk like an old guy to the first tee before the bets are made.. A little limp and shaking palsy type hands always seems to up the bet and set the hook !! Only works on strangers or young guys... spending some time trying to get the ball on the tee is the icing on the cake !!
[Image: 0r3OaCC.gif]

Then I flew into 727Sky.

[Image: YIzIG5T.gif]

(07-19-2022, 01:42 AM)727Sky Wrote: Been retired for 20 years which fits my personality perfectly.  8.5 military aviation, 8.0 corporate pilot, and 25 years as a pilot for a big big airline... Now just an old guy who plays golf and wins people's money when their ego gets the best of them... There is an art in there somewhere !! hahahah minusculebeercheers I like to walk like an old guy to the first tee before the bets are made.. A little limp and shaking palsy type hands always seems to up the bet and set the hook !! Only works on strangers or young guys... spending some time trying to get the ball on the tee is the icing on the cake !!

I never take an old man in a bet lightly, old and wise, and dirty and sneaky as fuck. You wouldn't fool me, then again sometimes you gotta play the game to learn a thing or two. Also I don't gamble I was taught better, and when I do gamble its usually not for money on sport.
(07-19-2022, 08:16 AM)Brotherman Wrote:
(07-19-2022, 01:42 AM)727Sky Wrote: Been retired for 20 years which fits my personality perfectly.  8.5 military aviation, 8.0 corporate pilot, and 25 years as a pilot for a big big airline... Now just an old guy who plays golf and wins people's money when their ego gets the best of them... There is an art in there somewhere !! hahahah minusculebeercheers I like to walk like an old guy to the first tee before the bets are made.. A little limp and shaking palsy type hands always seems to up the bet and set the hook !! Only works on strangers or young guys... spending some time trying to get the ball on the tee is the icing on the cake !!

I never take an old man in a bet lightly, old and wise, and dirty and sneaky as fuck. You wouldn't fool me, then again sometimes you gotta play the game to learn a thing or two. Also I don't gamble I was taught better, and when I do gamble its usually not for money on sport.

It is really not gambling. It is saying you want to beat me then I will pay you...conversely if I beat you you reward me ...See big difference !! Also it is nice to play for free if you are winning as I play almost every day.

I have not played a game for several years when there was no monetary reward to the winner.. When no money people just practice and not play for a winning score... Can get boring for most players.

Main thing about golf is it is a sport where an individual plays against the course so it is up to the individual to prevail or come out second banana or crater and cry for your mamma when the course beats you like a flat pillow..
(07-19-2022, 11:51 AM)727Sky Wrote:

It is really not gambling. It is saying you want to beat me then I will pay you...conversely if I beat you you reward me ...See big difference !! Also it is nice to play for free if you are winning as I play almost every day.

I have not played a game for several years when there was no monetary reward to the winner.. When no money people just practice and not play for a winning score... Can get boring for most players.

Main thing about golf is it is a sport where an individual plays against the course so it is up to the individual to prevail or come out second banana or crater and cry for your mamma when the course beats you like a flat pillow..
I never got into golf but i can see its appeal for sure.
(07-19-2022, 11:51 AM)727Sky Wrote:

My Marine uncle was a big time golfer and one of his golfing buddies was Lee Trevino. AFAIK, he never bet for money, but was all about establishing business deals & making connections while walking the green. My aunt (his wife) on the other-hand was a big time card shark gambler, social butterfly & hypnotist. They always had a new Cadillac every year, 3 houses + a summer camp house in the Adirondacks so assume they did quite well.

A continuation (BOOK 4-5-6)

Actually the first  video was not a Zombie story in the traditional sense it is more about terrorism and the behind the scenes nefarious deeds by some of the power players of the world.
Another 2 book Audio well written... Some serious terrorism

Just started this but it is well written... Interesting censorship and lock downs
More Joe Ledger stories.
Now for something completely different !