Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Needing Members Opinions : ) Please reply..
Hi everyone,

After a much needed summer hiatus, this opinionated Canuck has returned and would enjoy having a pro / con discussion with you all...

We will be contacting the Server hosts to transfer things from RN3 to RN once and for all but before we do, we'd like your opinions on a few things:

- Is anyone using the white theme?

If so, we'll keep it and update it but if not, we'll get rid of it and save space by doing so..

- Is there a need for a new upcoming writers contest?

If enough members wish it, it'd be a go. I, for one, would enjoy that..

- Is there anything you wish we could add on?

- Is there anything you wish we'd get rid of?

- Is there any activity you wish we'd implement?

We do have a list of chores to be done but you guys are the ones driving the site...so it'd be highly appreciated to know your preferences.

Ideas, suggestions, feedback...are all welcome !!

Thanks,

Marc / for the Admins & Mods.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
I've been using the dark theme all along, but I think there are others using the white one.  I, personally, would like just one color theme because sometimes the text is so dark when the OP is in the white theme, but then the dark theme makes it too dark to see.  Just my opinion. Having only one theme would keep us all on the same page, so to speak.

I can't really think of anything I would like to see changed right now, but I'm still having my coffee, so ask me later.    minusculethinking

I think several members here enjoy the short story contests, and it might bring in more people.  I'll be too busy to contribute myself, though.

Oh... I just thought of a request...

Stop changing your name so we know who we're talking to!   minusculetongue   tinybiggrin
(Sorry, didn't see the previous thread where you mentioned changing your name until after I read this one. )

Good to see you back!!   smallgreendancer

ETA:  Okay, coffee it waking the old brain up, and I have a request.
I would like to see our radio show get back in full swing. Is that a possibility? tinywondering
As for the writing contest, believe it was Sky that had asked about it a short while back.

Of course, not sure how many others would like to participate.
If we decide to do another, we could always send out an email when the time vomes, letting them know of new writers contest.

Not sure who may use the light colored theme.
I keep going back to the dark, even on phone.
Must be the goth in me minusculebiggrin
All I need is some silver dangling down here & there.....oh wait, I do.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Prefer the dark theme .... easier on the eyes .....  

Writers contest sounds good ..... though need lots more libations to kickstart the little grey cells .....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

Good to see you again Sol.
We only use the Dark Screen.
I personally enjoyed reading the different stories. So yes I'd like to see the Writer's Contest.

I like Jude's idea about a Joke for the day or cartoon of the day or week, maybe a contest! I Think BIAD could find a cartoon from the Shed type of thing.
@"Jude"  Would you like to take on this project?
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I would like the recent post and topics moved to the top of the page.. Not a big deal but would save from having to scroll down to the bottom to see who replied to what...

Hernando's has a writing contest going on now. It is totally fubar. You submit the entry to Taye22 and it is posted by them so whoever wrote the story is unknown... Any editing has to be resubmitted to Taye22. I think there are two entries total..!

That will probably be the last contest at Hernando's...... or at least the last time I will enter one there..

I wish we had someway of knowing how many people have viewed a thread or posting... You post something and if there is no reply then it is as if no one saw the post and gives you the feeling this sight is dead or dying....

Just first cup of coffee thinking at 05:00 so pardon
Explanation: I use the dark theme exclusively!

I am fine to mod or judge any new story competition! [This means I wont be posting any stories.]

I NEED a Gardening forum please.

Get rid of that lazy bum mod who takes care of chat! [That would be me btw lol!]

Just take it slow ok ... no rush!

Personal Disclosure: Good luck with all the work you do! Thanks!

EDIT:

P.S. @ 727Sky You can see the threads views by clicking on the forum the thread is posted in!
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
(09-23-2016, 11:45 PM)guohua Wrote: I like Jude's idea about a Joke for the day or cartoon of the day or week, maybe a contest! I Think BIAD could find a cartoon from the Shed type of thing.
@"Jude"  Would you like to take on this project?

He was referring to the announcement area.

I had placed a banner in there to see if the bbcode worked.....and it did.
But both he and 1984 said it was too much, which i have to agree.

Anyhow, that is when I put the quote up there and Jude suggested maybe switching it out every so often with a one-liner joke or some kind of inspirational quote.
Which was a good idea.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(09-24-2016, 12:32 AM)727Sky Wrote: I would like the recent post and topics moved to the top of the page.. Not a big deal but would save from having to scroll down to the bottom to see who replied to what...

Hernando's has a writing contest going on now. It is totally fubar. You submit the entry to Taye22 and it is posted by them so whoever wrote the story is unknown... Any editing has to be resubmitted to Taye22. I think there are two entries total..!

That will probably be the last contest at Hernando's...... or at least the last time I will enter one there..

I wish we had someway of knowing how many people have viewed a thread or posting... You post something and if there is no reply then it is as if no one saw the post and gives you the feeling this sight is dead or dying....

Just first cup of coffee thinking at 05:00 so pardon

- I agree with the recent posts needing to be either on separate page altogether  or at top of page.

-As for viewers showing, if you are talking about RN, yes you can see the views.
That is what I go by when posting to social media to see how well the topics do. minusculebiggrin

Also recent posts on Portal page on left shows the views, as well as when you click on the forum itself.

Okay, a couple of screenshots on how to view the "views"....LOL

You can click onto the forum itself....

[Image: d6107ebb581a481280b6a0e20da74466.png]

And here is one of the Portal Page (left side)

[Image: 640ff629d99c4de6a5fe4725036ef34a.png]

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

@"senona" 
Thanks, that helped.
(09-23-2016, 11:45 PM)guohua Wrote: ...maybe a contest! I Think BIAD could find a cartoon from the Shed type of thing.

Boy In A Dress is the cartoon in that shed and he can also be listed under the heading
'Type Of Thing' I have a document somewhere, that proves this.
tinybighuh

I asked him about this and he just said "brush-head" but that may have had something
to do with what he had just accidentally sat on.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Thank you for the replies ! I know it's a little early, as I'm sure there are other members and/or Mods that'll also want to pitch in, but so far it seems like no one really uses the white theme - which I also find hard on my eyes..you know, old age and all lol...

There is an interest for a new Writers Contest so far ! YAY !! Should we start promoting a "All Hallow's Eve" Contest? Any ideas? OL has proposed to Mod the thing and I am ALL for it !! I'd enjoy more feedback on this, from eveyone..

A Gardening Forum? Another good idea ! Under the Members Interests Board?

Another great suggestion is having the Recent Posts on top of the Forums or on a different page. Sky, I know you've asked about that for a long time and we'll see what we can do.. : )

A New Radio Show...I love the idea but there is one major problem right now - and it has to do with my teeth, which will have me get to learn to speak normally again in the months ahead..it's complicated and related to a major bottom jaw issue that I have. But I am willing to look at preparing something for 2017...of course, if there is someone from Rogue who'd be interested in becoming a Host or a Co-Host (with one or more Hosts or Co-Hosts from other similar Websites) (Yeah..this is a fermenting idea I've been working on) let me know. I can always help in the background and would really enjoy to do so...

Sol.
All Hallow's Eve has my vote. I can't write but I'll enjoy reading.
Update.

Recent threads are now above the Forums.

New Forum, located in the Members Interests Board:

[Image: l1oKEs3.png]

minusculebeercheers
I just noticed, Nice!  minusculeclap
Great ideas everybody!

I went on a "white theme" kick for a bit and liked it, but at the time there was something missing from the white theme that was only seen in black. I can't seem to recall what it was, maybe a notification or something that didn't show up. So I would switch back and forth on occasion but the last time I went black I didn't go back. My $.02

I briefly mentioned this in the shoutbox yesterday but would like a monthly picture contest where a Rogue Nation T-shirt, sweat shirt, or hat can be given away. I'm going to a place today and I'm going to take a picture of me with my RN shirt in an inconspicuous spot with maybe a small clue or two. I can post it and people can guess where it is. We put a time frame on the guesses (that might be the tricky part because of time zone differences & sleep patterns) but once the contest closes we put all correct answers "in a hat" and choose a winner. 

The winner will win a shirt or something and they are the subject of the next month's contest. When they get their shirt they do the same (take a picture, post it, and we keep the cycle going). 

I figured it might be a bit of fun with a reward, and once I get the cafe-press tax issues settled for the RN merchandise it may help to draw attention to some cool Rogue Gear.
(09-25-2016, 02:04 PM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: I briefly mentioned this in the shoutbox yesterday but would like a monthly picture contest where a Rogue Nation T-shirt, sweat shirt, or hat can be given away. I'm going to a place today and I'm going to take a picture of me with my RN shirt in an inconspicuous spot with maybe a small clue or two. I can post it and people can guess where it is. We put a time frame on the guesses (that might be the tricky part because of time zone differences & sleep patterns) but once the contest closes we put all correct answers "in a hat" and choose a winner. 

The winner will win a shirt or something and they are the subject of the next month's contest. When they get their shirt they do the same (take a picture, post it, and we keep the cycle going). 

I figured it might be a bit of fun with a reward, and once I get the cafe-press tax issues settled for the RN merchandise it may help to draw attention to some cool Rogue Gear.

DFC, I LOVE the idea !!!

If Guohua and Sen are good with it, we could create a new Forum under the Rogue Writers Imaginarium (which would then be renamed Rogue-Nation's Imaginarium) called " Rogue's Picture Contests " ... where you could elaborate on your idea...

The Funds for the merchandise that participants could win could also be directly taken out of the RN Paypal account.

This new contest could be promoted on our social media outlets. I love this idea !!! minusculethumbsup2 minusculethumbsup2

Sol.
Quote:- Is anyone using the white theme?

Not me.

- Is there a need for a new upcoming writers contest?

Some people like it so why not?

- Is there anything you wish we could add on?

Another two inches to my ...
Oh sorry!! I misunderstood that question

- Is there anything you wish we'd get rid of?

World hunger

- Is there any activity you wish we'd implement?

All looks good to me
(09-25-2016, 03:29 PM)Sol Wrote:
(09-25-2016, 02:04 PM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: I briefly mentioned this in the shoutbox yesterday but would like a monthly picture contest where a Rogue Nation T-shirt, sweat shirt, or hat can be given away. I'm going to a place today and I'm going to take a picture of me with my RN shirt in an inconspicuous spot with maybe a small clue or two. I can post it and people can guess where it is. We put a time frame on the guesses (that might be the tricky part because of time zone differences & sleep patterns) but once the contest closes we put all correct answers "in a hat" and choose a winner. 

DFC, I LOVE the idea !!!

If Guohua and Sen are good with it, we could create a new Forum under the Rogue Writers Imaginarium (which would then be renamed Rogue-Nation's Imaginarium) called " Rogue's Picture Contests " ... where you could elaborate on your idea...

The Funds for the merchandise that participants could win could also be directly taken out of the RN Paypal account.

This new contest could be promoted on our social media outlets. I love this idea !!!  minusculethumbsup2   minusculethumbsup2

Sol.
I agree, sounds Like A GREAT Idea!
(09-25-2016, 12:03 PM)guohua Wrote: All Hallow's Eve has my vote. I can't write but I'll enjoy reading.

I think that is the perfect time (and topic) to start another contest!!   minusculethumbsup

I can't write either, but I have no problems reading. minusculebiggrin

a.k.a. 'snarky412'