Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bacteria for Blastoff: Using Microbes to Make Supercharged New Rocket Fuel
Explanation: Wow! ...

[Image: 2022_rocketfuel.png]

Quote:Converting petroleum into fuels involves crude chemistry first invented by humans in the 1800s. Meanwhile, bacteria have been producing carbon-based energy molecules for billions of years. Which do you think is better at the job?

Well aware of the advantages biology has to offer, a group of biofuel experts led by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab) took inspiration from an extraordinary antifungal molecule made by Streptomyces bacteria to develop a totally new type of fuel that has projected energy density greater than the most advanced heavy-duty fuels used today, including the rocket fuels used by NASA.

Please read the full story at the source link linked above.

Personal Disclosure: Amazing!

I wonder what both Elon Musk and Scott Manley would have to say about this technology's potential uses and pro and cons that go with it?

minusculebeercheers
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
(07-02-2022, 09:09 AM)OmegaLogos Wrote: Explanation: Wow! ...

Quote:Converting petroleum into fuels involves crude chemistry first invented by humans in the 1800s. Meanwhile, bacteria have been producing carbon-based energy molecules for billions of years. Which do you think is better at the job?

Well aware of the advantages biology has to offer, a group of biofuel experts led by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab) took inspiration from an extraordinary antifungal molecule made by Streptomyces bacteria to develop a totally new type of fuel that has projected energy density greater than the most advanced heavy-duty fuels used today, including the rocket fuels used by NASA.

Please read the full story at the source link linked above.

Personal Disclosure: Amazing!

I wonder what both Elon Musk and Scott Manley would have to say about this technology's potential uses and pro and cons that go with it?

minusculebeercheers

Yea, I wonder the same too.

From your link:
Quote:Since publishing their proof-of-concept paper, the scientists have begun work to increase the bacteria’s production efficiency even further to generate enough for combustion testing.

Elon: 'Interesting; let's see the results.'
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.