Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to break the back of the woke public school system
One thing about society is there is usually an opposite and equal reaction to the pendulum of certain choices. I for one have never thought of such a plan but so far this sounds good to me..
(06-27-2022, 09:10 AM)727Sky Wrote: One thing about society is there is usually an opposite and equal reaction to the pendulum of certain choices. I for one have never thought of such a plan but so far this sounds good to me..

Smartest move yet.

The only draw back I see is for parents that have no means for transporting their child to a better school.

And what happens when the better schools have reached their max occupancy?

My Brother has to get up early every school morning, to drive my nephew an hour away to school. Then return in the evenings to bring him home. I have picked him up on occasion, and that trip is a nightmare. Dealing with the traffic, and the ridiculously long pick up line, getting in and getting out, is torture. I guess it is only something a parent is willing to do every school day.

He goes to one of those advanced STEM schools. It is not for the weak hearted. STEM schools strive for academic excellence to keep their status and their dollars.

If the child can't keep up, they will asked to seek their education elsewhere.

Not everyone is interested in advanced education, or is college material. That is why there should be more trade schools. 

Let the child learn a trade or a skill. That will provide the child with the ability to obtain work at a good salary, and it will help provide the community with more productive citizens.

Just my opinion.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(06-27-2022, 02:04 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(06-27-2022, 09:10 AM)727Sky Wrote: One thing about society is there is usually an opposite and equal reaction to the pendulum of certain choices. I for one have never thought of such a plan but so far this sounds good to me..

Smartest move yet.

The only draw back I see is for parents that have no means for transporting their child to a better school.

And what happens when the better schools have reached their max occupancy?

My Brother has to get up early every school morning, to drive my nephew an hour away to school. Then return in the evenings to bring him home. I have picked him up on occasion, and that trip is a nightmare. Dealing with the traffic, and the ridiculously long pick up line, getting in and getting out, is torture. I guess it is only something a parent is willing to do every school day.

He goes to one of those advanced STEM schools. It is not for the weak hearted. STEM schools strive for academic excellence to keep their status and their dollars.

If the child can't keep up, they will asked to seek their education elsewhere.

Not everyone is interested in advanced education, or is college material. That is why there should be more trade schools. 

Let the child learn a trade or a skill. That will provide the child with the ability to obtain work at a good salary, and it will help provide the community with more productive citizens.

Just my opinion.

You bring up a great point. 

Perhaps part of the incentive is on the school themselves. The school district no longer has the say where the dollars are going. Poor performing schools will have to step up or dissolve. They no longer enjoy a free ride on the tax payer. 

Hopefully at some point, the network of schools will be geographically feasible for all the kids. 

As a tax payer, I like the idea. If a school wants to be woke-topia, fine. Let the woke-topia parents pay for it.