Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Roe vs. Wade overturned
(06-28-2022, 05:25 AM)senona Wrote: Just like, aren't birth control pills themselves a form of 'abortion' in the sense that it keeps a fetus from being formed?

I think not, logically speaking. If a thing is never created in the first place, how could it possibly ever be destroyed if it never existed?

Quote:Therefore, even tho I myself could never go through with it 
I am not going to sit in judgement and tell other women what they should or should not do.

I do not know them
I do not know their story
I do not know their history
I do not know their financial situation

I simply do. not. know.

To each their own
One has to live with their choice, whichever way they decide

Which apparently, that makes me 'Pro-choice'

Well said. I personally am against abortion. I've never been big on baby-killing. However, I am also against one person or set of people trying to micromanage lives that are not theirs to manage. It's a quandary which I've resolved in my own little world by determining that if it ain't none of MY business, then it ain't none of my business. If I've not got a stake in said child, then I have fishing to do that doesn't involve running someone else's life or making their decisions for them. In the end, the repercussions will be between that person and their god or gods, not on me.

The 3 women I mentioned above, who had abortions, I think that is why they divulged that information to me. In the real world, I'm not quite as hard core as I come across in print. They made their decisions, and they had their regrets, and they knew me in the real world well enough to know I wasn't the one that would sit in judgement on them. So, when they needed support, or to unburden themselves, or whatever their reasons were, I was the one they talked to about it.

Except the third one, the one I've not spoken to about it since the decision was made. I was there for that decision. Matter of fact, I was entirely prepared to marry the girl so she could have her kid and raise it if that was what she wanted, which would have left me raising another man's child - but that ain't nothing I've not done since, multiple times. In the end, she decided to abort instead, and I stood by that. it wasn't MY child to decide for or against, it was hers. Not my decision. We've talked a lot since then, and are still friends, but that is one subject that has never surfaced again over the years. It's been 40 or 45 years, and it's just never come up again - and I don't expect it ever will.

What's done is done.

"Woman, where are your accusers? If they aren't accusing you, then neither do I. Go and sin no more" is pretty much what I try to live.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-28-2022, 08:06 AM)senona Wrote: Latest update from my state, Louisiana....

A judge blocked the 'trigger law' and set a court date for July 8th, so until then, abortions may continue

Louisiana judge temporarily places restraining order on trigger law that bans abortions in the state

Quote:NEW ORLEANS —
A state district judge in New Orleans has temporarily blocked the trigger law that makes abortions illegal in the state of Louisiana.
Judge Robin M. Giarrusso has temporarily placed a restraining order on enforcing the abortion ban until the scheduled hearing on July 8 at 10 a.m.

Judge Giarrusso argues that the laws are unconstitutionally vague.
According to court documents, abortions in the state of Louisiana can legally continue until the next hearing

That makes sense. There is a legal concept called "the rule of particularities" that applies mostly to search warrants, but should be applied to all laws, everywhere. If a law is too vague, it leaves people in doubt of whether they are breaking it or not, and gives the authorities too much discretion and wiggle room in enforcing it, allowing them to let buddies off the hook and over-reach in persecution of their political enemies.

And that should never be. it takes the power out of the hands of the People, and concentrates it in the government, which is entirely contrary to the Constitution.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-28-2022, 01:46 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Roe vs Wade was signed into law in 1973. The majority of the people out there screaming about their rights being taken away, were not even born yet.

This happened back during the time of bell bottom pants and "Free Love". A cell phone was not even in anyone's imagination, let alone anyone owning one.

Time has changed in leaps and bounds, and the culture has changed even more.

Abortion back then was a dirty dark secret, done in back alley's, and never talked about. Women were ostracized for even asking about the birth control pill, and Valium, "Mother's Little Helper",  was being handed out like jelly beans.

Times have changed. The culture has changed. The majority of areas all around the globe is opining a serious drop in population growth, and fear their society and culture will suffer greatly, and towns and villages are dying.

Not only were they not around for the original decision, but they have also allowed their minds to be blurred by the concept of "civil rights" that were another hot topic of that day. "Civil rights" are not "rights" at all, as they are issued by a government, and therefore may be revoked by that same government at will. "Rights", on the other hand, actual rights rather than edicts from on high, cannot be revoked by anyone, governmental or not.

They are not the same thing, but people now have been seduced by that blurring of the lines, all because the word " rights" was misused and abused in the term "civil rights".

So, now we have a generation who mistakenly think a government can issue rights to them, when that is not the case. Just as anyone else would do if they believed their rights were endangered, they are acting out at a perceived threat to a non-existent "right".

(06-28-2022, 07:55 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Not only were they not around for the original decision, but they have also allowed their minds to be blurred by the concept of "civil rights" that were another hot topic of that day. "Civil rights" are not "rights" at all, as they are issued by a government, and therefore may be revoked by that same government at will. "Rights", on the other hand, actual rights rather than edicts from on high, cannot be revoked by anyone, governmental or not.

They are not the same thing, but people now have been seduced by that blurring of the lines, all because the word " rights" was misused and abused in the term "civil rights".

So, now we have a generation who mistakenly think a government can issue rights to them, when that is not the case. Just as anyone else would do if they believed their rights were endangered, they are acting out at a perceived threat to a non-existent "right".

A generation that doesn't even realize that they are feeding the beast they claim they want to destroy.

A generation of youth that are the benefactors of the lives, blood, sweat, and tears, shed by those that sacrificed for what they thought would be a better life for them.

I guess they are rolling in their graves, when they see what this country has become, because without having to suffer the pains of servitude, hunger, and without having to fight and die for the very soil beneath their feet, they have little to no clue of its value.

But if the crap keeps getting fed into the fan, they will.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

People who have worked hard and through no fault of their own are finding it hard to pay their rent and feed their children, yet I didn't see the government or big businesses coming to their rescue.

Disney has employees that have lost their homes and are living in motels. Disney has money to pay for travel and expenses for people to leave the State to get an abortion, but have no concern for their own employees. ?????

So this sounds really off, really suspicious. More is going in then meets the eye.

• minusculebeercheers 

(06-28-2022, 09:10 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: People who have worked hard and through no fault of their own are finding it hard to pay their rent and feed their children, yet I didn't see the government or big businesses coming to their rescue.

Disney has employees that have lost their homes and are living in motels. Disney has money to pay for travel and expenses for people to leave the State to get an abortion, but have no concern for their own employees. ?????

So this sounds really off, really suspicious. More is going in then meets the eye.

Yes, there is more going on than meets the eye. Corporations jumping on this bandwagon are doing it entirely for themselves, not for the employees in question. It is much cheaper to pay for an abortion than it is to pay maternity leave and suffer the economic loss of productivity that leave entails, not to mention the time off that mothers often have to take in order to take care of their children long after birth.

Notice how this was not really an issue, and certainly didn't have companies weighing in on it, until after the single paycheck family was a thing of the past, and women were forced into the workforce to make family ends meet. "Women's Liberation" was also a product of that financial maneuvering - getting women out of the house and into production to increase corporate profits, while at the same time convincing them that "liberation" was working for The Man and filling his pockets up. Notice how corporate profits skyrocketed after they got that societal change implemented.

Ask yourself why it is that "strong, confident, independent and empowered women" are always and every time making money for someone else, not much different from a common streetwalker and her pimp.

This is about loyalty to the company, and taking steps to avoid splitting that between the company and a family, retaining it instead all for the company (and of course the shareholders and dividends). It's all about maintaining and increasing corporate profits. It is all in favor of the company, and actually at the expense of that individual's ability to raise a family.

It's really, in the final analysis, all about the Benjamins, baby!

ETA: When you think about it deeply, it was really a pretty masterful stroke the way the corporate masters managed to convince a great many women, and then convince them it was somehow their own idea, that their "rights" only extend as far as it takes to cause them to make money for the corporations, and no further, certainly not to the extent of raising their own children! Your rights are what we say they are, peasant, and if it doesn't make us more profit, then it ain't your right!

The Democrat Party, and their corporate masters, learned long ago that it makes no difference who, how many, or how often people protest against them, just so long as they dutifully report to work unencumbered to make more money for those same corporations. It's just icing on the cake for them to have convinced those folks that the idea was theirs to begin with, and that they are protesting for their own "freedom" while at the same time willingly giving that freedom up, and putting their noses to the grindstone for the same corporate masters they profess to be protesting against...

(06-24-2022, 04:19 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(06-24-2022, 03:33 PM)Chiefsmom Wrote: Fox link

I didn't realize this was coming so fast.
While I don't agree over all, I also think there should be limits, and there are other options, such as the morning after pill, that should be given out for free.

Going to be an interesting news day today.
Wonder if there will be riots?

And now its on the TV breaking news, and they are "highlighting"  poor & black women.  
Sheesh.

This does not have to be as big of an issue as they are making of it.

We have numerous ways to prevent an unwanted pregnancy, long before it reaches the point where one would think abortion.

If you don't want to get pregnant, there are numerous birth control systems, devices, and pills to prevent that from happening. If you don't want traditional birth control methods, and you have a opps, or want to be extra safe, there is the morning after pill, it can be obtained over the counter in pharmacies, and most grocery stores.

You need to take the emergency contraceptive pill within 3 days with (Levonelle), or 5 days, with (ellaOne), if you have had unprotected sex, for it to be effective – the sooner you take it, the more effective it'll be.

If you can't afford it, it can be obtained from most local clinics or planned Parenthood clinics for free.

Of course any of these methods will require one to be responsible for their own bodies, and it requires being proactive. By the time a pregnancy has taken hold, it is generally too late for the proactive methods to work, but abortion should not ever be a standard method for birth control.

There will be those rare times where an abortion may be presented as an option, when baby is presenting a risk for the health and life of the mother. That is a medical decision to be made by the mother and her doctor. There should never be a barrier to a person receiving medical care for life saving conditions.

A woman has the right to choose if she wants to have a child. Personally, I think that choice should be made before she creates that life. There are rare circumstances that can arise, but those rare circumstances do not need a law that allows indiscriminate use of infanticide or abortions.

Just my personal opinion, and we all know what that is worth.

I think your opinion is worth a great deal.  I think this is where the problem lies, people don't want to be responsible for the outcomes that result from their actions.  It's like anything in life.  If you drive drunk you could kill someone else or yourself, if you are careless with power tools you could get maimed.  There's no morning after pill for those things.  All that being said, I still think the choices should all be the womans and no one else's.  I don't even talk to my wife about this issue, she will hurt me...
It appears that Tucker Carlson agrees with me regarding the corporate push for abortion. Whether that agreement is a good thing or a bad thing depends on your position on the political spectrum, I reckon... and that's sad. It's sad that people will ignore facts and reality to push a political agenda.

(06-29-2022, 05:08 AM)wtbengineer Wrote: I think your opinion is worth a great deal.  I think this is where the problem lies, people don't want to be responsible for the outcomes that result from their actions.  It's like anything in life.  If you drive drunk you could kill someone else or yourself, if you are careless with power tools you could get maimed.  There's no morning after pill for those things.  All that being said, I still think the choices should all be the womans and no one else's.  I don't even talk to my wife about this issue, she will hurt me...

I can't think of any particular reason that decision should belong ONLY to the woman. Immaculate conceptions came to an end over 2000 years ago, so she didn't get that way by herself, nor is that child solely hers. Therefore, neither is the decision solely hers.

I can only speak for myself, and I am beyond impregnating women these days since my wife is beyond childbearing age, but in my youth, when that was a likelihood, any woman that killed my baby without consulting me about it would simply have disappeared from the face of the Earth, with no forwarding address or explanation.

NO ONE gets to kill my kids and then just laugh all the way to the bank about it.

With that said, you might want to check your wife's genetics. There is probably some defect there if she has a problem with reproduction and the propagation of the species. Personally, I won't stay with a woman that can and will hurt me, for any reason. A couple of my wives tried or threatened it, but figured out their role when I laughed at them. If I wouldn't let a grown enemy man do it, I sure as hell wasn't going to allow a woman who had agreed to be a partner do it.

Yeah, I'm a prick... But I'm still alive to tell the tale.

(06-29-2022, 06:20 AM)Ninurta Wrote: It appears that Tucker Carlson agrees with me regarding the corporate push for abortion. Whether that agreement is a good thing or a bad thing depends on your position on the political spectrum, I reckon... and that's sad. It's sad that people will ignore facts and  reality to push a political agenda.

Tucker gives good information a lot of the times, but like Russel Brand, it is tough for me to get through one of their videos, because of how they present their information.

Tucker is condescending, and talks to you like you are three years old. Brand's juvenile, everything is a joke approach, is as annoying, for me as Tucker.

I can only take them in small doses, but I too agree with his explanation for why big business is financing abortions.

It again shows how important it is for them to control and cull their slaves.

The slaves keep saying they are fighting for their rights and their choice. All the while choosing to be slaves, and controlled. They are being both willingly blind and ignorant, to the cage they are locking themselves in.

• minusculebeercheers 

(06-29-2022, 01:13 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: ...

It again shows how important it is for them to control and cull their slaves.

The slaves keep saying they are fighting for their rights and their choice. All the while choosing to be slaves, and controlled. They are being both willingly blind and ignorant, to the cage they are locking themselves in.

A reminder of my signature:

Quote:“The nature of psychological compulsion is such that those who act under constraint remain under the impression that they are acting on their own initiative. The victim of mind-manipulation does not know that he is a victim. To him the walls of his prison are invisible, and he believes himself to be free. That he is not free is apparent only to other people.”

-Aldous Huxley

It's as true today as it was when Huxley first penned it, and far more prevalent now than it was then.