Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When the sun does the big one
Much of this I agree with simply because it has happened before and will probably happen again to a world not prepared.
Yup. It's only a matter of time, and we are not at all prepared.

It will set up a massive EMP. It only takes 3 feet of wire to induce a charge large enough to fry your everything in an EMP. Just the power cord plugged into the back of a computer is enough to send a charge through it that will fry it.

There are miles and miles of wire feeding the electricity into your house.

Transformers and substations will blow. All over the place. Ask your power company some time how many transformers they have on hand to repair the grid. Not many. They order them "as needed", and keep very low stock on-hand. Where will they order them from after the blitz? It takes power to manufacture transformers. Who is gonna make them when NO ONE has any power?

That;s just the power grid. it's not hardened - but neither are your electronics. It takes 7/10ths of one volt to fry a transistor, or an integrated circuit filled with transistors. Your cell phones, your computers, your TV, your car - everything that depends on electronics, gone.

What happens to all the fiat money when the computers that hold it blow? No more money. No insurance payments to replace your stuff, because their money is fake money held on computers, too.

No more cameras, no more tracking via cell phone... so it ain't all bad... but it will be hard on folks, a lot of whom will die without the modern "conveniences" that preserve their lives.

Works for me. Whether I live through it or die, either way, I won't be bothered by the globalists any more.

They'll finally have to leave me the hell alone, in peace.

We are not talking of days or weeks, or even months, to effect the repairs. We are talking years, decades, maybe centuries to get it all fixed again. In the mean time, when they come for you and you stack their bodies like cord wood beside the road, who's gonna make the call for reinforcements when no phones or radios are working? take that shot. Ain't nothing gonna happen when you do... other than they will be to dead to bother you, and your own peace and quiet will be assured.

And they have no one to blame but themselves, because they are too busy lining their pockets to spend the necessary cash on hardened infrastructure or replacement parts.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-23-2022, 06:25 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Yup. It's only a matter of time, and we are not at all prepared.

It will set up a massive EMP. It only takes 3 feet of wire to induce a charge large enough to fry your everything in an EMP. Just the power cord plugged into the back of a computer is enough to send a charge through it that will fry it.

There are miles and miles of wire feeding the electricity into your house.

Transformers and substations will blow. All over the place. Ask your power company some time how many transformers they have on hand to repair the grid. Not many. They order them "as needed", and keep very low stock on-hand. Where will they order them from after the blitz? It takes power to manufacture transformers. Who is gonna make them when NO ONE has any power?

That;s just the power grid. it's not hardened - but neither are your electronics. It takes 7/10ths of one volt to fry a transistor, or an integrated circuit filled with transistors. Your cell phones, your computers, your TV, your car - everything that depends on electronics, gone.

What happens to all the fiat money when the computers that hold it blow? No more money. No insurance payments to replace your stuff, because their money is fake money held on computers, too.

No more cameras, no more tracking via cell phone... so it ain't all bad... but it will be hard on folks, a lot of whom will die without the modern "conveniences" that preserve their lives.

Works for me. Whether I live through it or die, either way, I won't be bothered by the globalists any more.

They'll finally have to leave me the hell alone, in peace.

We are not talking of days or weeks, or even months, to effect the repairs. We are talking years, decades, maybe centuries to get it all fixed again. In the mean time, when they come for you and you stack their bodies like cord wood beside the road, who's gonna make the call for reinforcements when no phones or radios are working? take that shot. Ain't nothing gonna happen when you do... other than they will be to dead to bother you, and your own peace and quiet will be assured.

And they have no one to blame but themselves, because they are too busy lining their pockets to spend the necessary cash on hardened infrastructure or replacement parts.

Read your post with much interest  Call me a prepper if you want but I'm not engaged in that mindset it takes up my whole lifestyle  

We couldn't care less if some solar event took out the grid  I have all I need here for a considerable time

No one will come calling for us to stack bodies as I've assured survival here

Simple learning and honing survival skills (helped me during the worst of the firestorm that hit our selection a couple of years back and more recently the flooding) we were still here without power or the namby pamby necessities while others sold up and left 

We are lucky we have a decent selection in the hills

(Sorry I can't place a full stop)

Our kind regards,

Bally, True Love and animals  :)
(06-23-2022, 09:03 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Read your post with much interest  Call me a prepper if you want but I'm not engaged in that mindset it takes up my whole lifestyle  

We couldn't care less if some solar event took out the grid  I have all I need here for a considerable time

Simple learning and honing survival skills (helped me during the worst of the firestorm that hit our selection a couple of years back and more recently the flooding) we were still here without power or the namby pamby necessities while others sold up and left 

Our kind regards,

We all know it is coming. I really believe that they have indeed prepared, hardened, and secured areas for themselves, but have no plans to assist us peasants.

I think one of the worse crimes they have done to humanity, is their years of infantaciding the world. Wiping out centuries of learned knowledge of basic survival, that was passed down through generations.

Making us dependant on a weak and faulty system that preys on our ignorance, promoting greed, selfishness, and teaching us to value only material things that they can take away from us.

The first 8 years of my life I lived in military housing. Then my father built us a house in the woods. No running water, no electricity. It took a years before those luxuries were added, yet those years contain some of my fondest memories. 

Even after we did get running water, we still had to carry water from the spring everyday, to supply fresh water to the elderly in our community.

We hunted, fished, and picked the majority of our food. We shared as a community, and none of it seemed like work, at the time.

It was always a festival feel in the air when we had harvest time, hog killing time, and canning time.

Times were hard, but we lived, laughed, and loved. It was not all bad.

We may have to relive those times. Maybe it will be their great reset.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(06-23-2022, 01:09 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(06-23-2022, 09:03 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Read your post with much interest  Call me a prepper if you want but I'm not engaged in that mindset it takes up my whole lifestyle  

Our kind regards,

We all know it is coming. I really believe that they have indeed prepared, hardened, and secured areas for themselves, but have no plans to assist us peasants.

I think one of the worse crimes they have done to humanity, is their years of infantaciding the world. Wiping out centuries of learned knowledge of basic survival, that was passed down through generations.

Making us dependant on a weak and faulty system that preys on our ignorance, promoting greed, selfishness, and teaching us to value only material things that they can take away from us.

The first 8 years of my life I lived in military housing. Then my father built us a house in the woods. No running water, no electricity. It took a years before those luxuries were added, yet those years contain some of my fondest memories. 

Even after we did get running water, we still had to carry water from the spring everyday, to supply fresh water to the elderly in our community.

We hunted, fished, and picked the majority of our food. We shared as a community, and none of it seemed like work, at the time.

It was always a festival feel in the air when we had harvest time, hog killing time, and canning time.

Yes there are many Bunkers for the Rich in Arizona.
Here is one that was listed on Zillow in Yuma Az.
Quote:This house for sale has secret to beating Arizona heat — it’s entirely underground
Link

There are others that cost Much More in other parts of the US.

Quote:Billionaire bunkers: How the 1% are preparing for the apocalypse
Link
Not just the US.
Quote:45 unreal photos of 'billionaire bunkers' that could shelter the superrich during an apocalypse
Link

The Super Rich do not want us in their new world to live and be Happy, Only as their Serfs or Slaves and maybe keeping the best looking females and males as Breeding Stock.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]

Our kind regards,

Nah, I won't call you a prepper. That sounds like country living to me, not really what they call a "prepper" these days. Country folks are sort of "preppers" as a way of life. They gather their resources and preserve and store them for use, year after year, not really as a means of surviving a disaster, but rather as a way of life.

I'm not a prepper, either. I have some ammo stockpiles - not enough, but some - and have some beans and rice and peanut butter and the like laid back for hard times, but nothing like the stockpile a prepper amasses. I have some military equipment stored up, but that wasn't acquired with an eye to prepping for anything, either. It's just leftovers that I retained after this or that job was done. Some kevlar here, some web gear there, maybe a gas mask or two, nothing heavyweight like grenades or rockets.

I've lived without electricity for fairly long periods of time, growing up. Nowadays, I've got no farm animals to sustain me like we had then, nor do I have a woodstove. We have two chimneys, but no woodstoves since granny and gramps "modernized" this place, and to be honest I dunno if the chimneys are even serviceable now, or whether birds or bees may have well and truly gummed them up. Gas heat, but that won't last past what is in the tank in the event of major troubles, if it works at all in the absence of electricity. For all I know, the thermostat in it probably has to have electricity to open the valves. So we are not likely to make it past the first winter anyhow. Why stockpile a bunch of crap you'd never live to use?

The woods will provide the meat, and that together with the beans and rice guarantee that we can at least freeze to death in comfort, with full bellies.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-23-2022, 01:09 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: We all know it is coming. I really believe that they have indeed prepared, hardened, and secured areas for themselves, but have no plans to assist us peasants.

It's possible. One can defeat EMP by using vacuum tubes instead of transistors, like in the old style TVs, but in order to get the electricity to run them, they'd have to have a local generator, suitably hardened and protected from the EMP in Faraday cages. That means they will have to be buttoned up in self-contained compounds. What kind of life is that for a former jet-setter? I expect most of them will suicide within the first year of isolation. Not COVID-like isolation, but true isolation - nothing in, nothing out, electronically or otherwise. I don't think most of them can psychologically manage that situation.

Quote:I think one of the worse crimes they have done to humanity, is their years of infantaciding the world. Wiping out centuries of learned knowledge of basic survival, that was passed down through generations.

They failed there, too. Sure, they will have eliminated most of the first world population that can no longer get along without technology, but there are rural and agrarian societies all around the planet in remote places that still know enough to do just fine. Many of them will not notice the lack of electricity at all. You can't miss what you've never had to begin with. My Dear Old Dad taught me everything I needed to know to get by with next to nothing, 18th century pre-technology wilderness living, so the only hurdle is getting to the end of that first winter. I don't believe I am alone in retaining that knowledge, but urban areas will be death traps that empty into ghost towns in short order, because even if anyone still lives there that retain the knowledge, the resources are not available in an urban environment to put that knowledge to use. Most have no idea what it takes to feed a person for a year, much less how many resources are required to get that.

Quote:The first 8 years of my life I lived in military housing. Then my father built us a house in the woods. No running water, no electricity. It took a years before those luxuries were added, yet those years contain some of my fondest memories. 

Same here. No running water, hit or miss electricity, hunting, gathering, and farming as a way of living. We had the "little shack out back" for a bathroom, and I'll never forget having to go out there in sub-zero weather wondering if my behind would freeze to the seat this time or not. We had a local spring in the winter, with a spigot outside the house at the corner of the house, but it would go dry in the summer, so we carried water from a spring about a half mile away. Heated water for baths on a wood stove, and the bathtub was an oblong tin affair that hung on the side of the house when not in use. A bucket of water with a tin dipper on a stand in the kitchen for drinking, or filling the wash pan that sat next to it to wash up for supper. I can recall doing my homework by the light of an oil lamp.

I dunno, maybe that WAS "hard times", but we never knew it, because we didn't know anything else other than that.

Agreeing with the choir here. 

All a matter of time. Whether it's a CME, earthquakes in the right spots, super-volcanoes, or something simple as a new insect decimating crops. It's all very fragile. 

No A/C in the summer will suck. I fully admit that. And I will miss you guys because I will not be able to communicate with you. 

However, there is a certain charm to some peace and quiet. I will just sit in the shade and talk to the dog I guess  tinybiggrin
I think about the fact that most of us would be totally screwed. Most have no idea what it's like to live truly off the grid, no electricity, no running water, having to hunt and fish for food. The world as we know it would end. People in places like where I live with harsh winters would die off pretty quickly, doubtful most would get through one winter, much less decades and centuries of living like people did in the 1800's. Nope, the uber rich don't give two shits about any of us. They will be in their bunkers safe and sound from the mess. 

There's not a damn thing anyone can do about it anyway. The power grid is a hot mess, and something that should have been reinforced a long time ago.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]