Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Elimiinate All Debt, Now!
I only have a mortgage, and one credit card that I am paying off with speed and determination.

The amount of coercion I am receiving in my mail box daily, and my email, is down right scary. They know all of my financial responsibilities, and they offer an amazing number of deals that requires reading the fine print.

There is a reason they want to keep you as a debt slave. It is not because they care about you.

Eliminate all debt. Live free.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(06-22-2022, 05:27 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I only have a mortgage, and one credit card that I am paying off with speed and determination.

The amount of coercion I am receiving in my mail box daily, and my email, is down right scary. They know all of my financial responsibilities, and they offer an amazing number of deals that requires reading the fine print.

There is a reason they want to keep you as a debt slave. It is not because they care about you.

Yep!

We have none.  Not even a car payment anymore.  The ranch, house, equipment, cars, everything...all paid for.  I don't even have a credit card, despite the thousands of offers I get.  Well, I do have a corporate card, but that doesn't count (heck, I probably need to check and see if that thing is still even valid.  Haven't used it for about 3 years...and even then it was for some trip to Gawd knows where!  Throw a dart a the globe and that's probably where I was headed).

The handwriting of slavery to debt was pretty obvious back in 2008.  Why then?  Because, that's when two things became abundantly clear (at least to me):
  1. The amount of the debt is irrelevant, it's the obligation from the amnesty that will enslave people, and...
  2. It was crystal clear that no one understands the creativity and number of ways that debt can be hidden, and/or painted up like pig which people will line up to throw money at because they think it is some golden panacea of hope.
After losing a half a lifetime's worth of investments which would have put us on easy street 10 years ago, we both said "No More!".  From that point forward every waking moment (and half the night) was spent paying down any and all debt.  I commented to my wife the other day...I've forgotten what a "vacation" even is.  I honestly have!  I don't even remember the last time I went on any sort of a vacation, not even for a single day.

Was it all worth it?

Oh HELL YA!!  (just see my other post about 'coming home').
(06-22-2022, 05:27 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I only have a mortgage, and one credit card that I am paying off with speed and determination.

Yeah what she said!
I got into debt when I was a young GI.  Not over my head, but more than I could payoff with a couple of paychecks. Got married, had kids and carried some more for a while.  Finally figured out it was better to stay away from debt entirely. When the wife and I got our spending habits under control is when we finally started living within our means.  It feels good not watching what we earned disappear into that hole called Interest Payments.

Now if we could just figure a way to get out from under the damned Tax Man.  tinylaughing
Debt slave yes, added onto the wage slave, utility bill slave and the property tax slave, and on and on.

We'll never make our way back to the garden.
I got out of debt and cut up all my credit cards in 1993. My credit was so good that I could get anything I wanted, anything at all, on a signature, I realized then that was a BAD thing, because I (and more so my wife at the time) could "want" myself into slavery for life, so I got rid of it.

I got out of banks in about 2008 - they had just taken over the slavery reins when the Money Men realized I was no longer using credit. I banked with Bank of America at the time, and they did some truly underhanded shit to milk my pockets, so I told them to gimme all my money in cash and shut that account down. They kicked and balked, but in the end, it was MY money, so I made it clear they could just kiss my ass and gimme my money. Then I closed the account.

As an aside, I went to cash a check for a mere 12,000 dollars at Bank of America once, and I had to run all over town before I could find one with enough cash to cash it. Every one of them tried to get me to open an account "that's a lot of money to be carrying around" they said. I laughed at them and went on to the next until I found one that could cash it. Jeez - it was only 120 hundred dollar bills. If a bank can't handle that, then there ain't much they CAN handle. If you just have to have a bank, don't bank with BOA.

I've never looked back. Land and house is paid for, car is paid for. I've got a debit card, but that has to be loaded before any money can be spent off off it - no credit.

I don't care if the credit mongers choke to death on all their offers. They can kiss my ass, but thy ain't gonna own my soul.

Here's their gig - they lend you "money" that does not even exist, It's just bits and bytes created out of thin air. THEN they insist you pay them back with REAL money, money you had to actually work for to get So they trade aether for actual value, and then interest with actual value on top of that.

Must be good work, if you can get it.

ETA - I did default on a student loan. I paid back 27,000 dollars on a 9,000 dollar loan, and then they informed m I still owed a further 24,000 dollars, so I told them they could suck that money out of my ass, I was done with them, I'd already paid them 3 times the money they had loaned me, and the money I had given them had actual value as opposed to the bits and bytes they had "loaned" me. Loans are set up to keep you on the hook forever. No matter what you pay, unless you pay it and the interest in full all at once, it will just keep compounding forever. Fuck that noise! They did garnish my wages a couple times, but that didn't affect my credit rating because by then my credit rating didn't exist any more. So it wasn't any real bother. It usually took them about 6 months to a year to find me again whenever I changed jobs, but then I just quit working jobs for The Man, and they've not found me since. Those thievin' bastards can kiss my ass, too.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

I agree, and had been working on that, before I lost my job.  Paid extra on the house, split the car payment and paid extra both payments, and was working on the one cc we have.

Unenjoyment does not pay enough, to cover the regular bills, since they are no longer adding the extra 600.00 from covid anymore.

Thankfully, I had a little extra cash to cover the minimums.
But, I start a new job next month, so I will be back to paying it off, the cc first and foremost, since it has no interest for 6 more months.  Should be ok by then.
(06-23-2022, 10:28 PM)Chiefsmom Wrote: I agree, and had been working on that, before I lost my job.  Paid extra on the house, split the car payment and paid extra both payments, and was working on the one cc we have.

Unenjoyment does not pay enough, to cover the regular bills, since they are no longer adding the extra 600.00 from covid anymore.

But, I start a new job next month, so I will be back to paying it off, the cc first and foremost, since it has no interest for 6 more months.  Should be ok by then.

Glad to hear about your new job.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(06-23-2022, 11:36 PM)guohua Wrote:
(06-23-2022, 10:28 PM)Chiefsmom Wrote: I agree, and had been working on that, before I lost my job.  Paid extra on the house, split the car payment and paid extra both payments, and was working on the one cc we have.

Glad to hear about your new job.

Thank you, actually got 2 offers finally, but this one is only 10 minutes from the house, and a bit more recession proof than the other one, so fingers crossed!