Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I'm comin' home
And so the search has officially begun. 

Somewhere out there in that vast expanse of 97,914 square miles called Wyoming is a ranch where I will spend the rest of my days 'out to pasture' on this blue orb.

I spent nearly 4 decades criss-crossing this globe, and not so long from now, that aircraft door will close one final time...and I won't be onboard!

I never thought I would see this day, but I can see it now...Mama, I'm comin' HOME!!!

My heart never left the place that made me the man I am today, the place that shaped every single tenet by which I live and believe in.  Wyoming is, and always was...my HOME.  Life being what it is, sometimes we can't always stay in the place we love so, but I made a promise to my Wyoming...I'd be back.  And, be back I will.

Later this month we will begin a series of forays up into Wyo researching suitable properties, meeting with friends, colleagues and agentgs to relocate all of.."this"...all this life.  We gave Colorado our very best shot, but Colorado will never be home...and each day it gets further away from home.  We, as a community, as the largest portion of the state, the biggest land owners and the ones true to the roots of this state held them off as long as we could, but "woke" is now creeping, no "encroaching", further and further into our once peaceful 'live and let live' lives.  They can assimilate this place (maybe...someday), but they can never assimilate me, or us.  The time for me here is over.

And, as I look back, I never really could call this place home, not in the true "home" sense, despite how hard we worked to try to make it be...all of us.  I don't harbor any anger really; sadness more than anything, for those less fortunate than us (for which I am thankful to be so blessed, but make no mistake we worked awfully hard for it too, and sacrificed much).  Somehow, in my heart, I always knew this would be the final chapter, don't ask me how.

It seems almost unimaginable to me this day is upon me.  No longer is it some distant dream, some fantasy.  I no longer have to wish for all the stars to align, and some genie to pop out of some old relic of a bottle.  No, we already have a list of properties, and so our first trip in mid-July, just a few weeks from today, will be to survey the ones we can, and to prioritize the ones we can't get to.  In addition, we are now working with brokers state wide, and the list is growing faster than I had expected.

The thought of building another home is daunting (Gawd knows, I've built too many).  Just establishing another ranch is pretty daunting in itself, but maybe it won't be as difficult as what we had to do here (which was start from bare earth).  Unlike then though, there will be no rush, and we've learned many things along the way which will make it so much easier.  So many things I wish I would have known when we first started this place.  No, this time will be a labor of love...even though I know the trials and tribulations involved even knowing what I know now.  And though the road is long and hard, I would have it no other way.

Mama...I'm comin' home!!

GiantThumbsUp
I am looking for a new home. I have too much land and more space than I can manage. My Mother is almost 90 years old, and I hang in there, only because she is still with me.

I cannot live in an apartment. I need manageable space, and the only space I think of as being livable, is a tiny cottage, in the middle of the woods, in the middle of nowhere.

I do not fear death. In fact, I would rather be killed off, than to be place on some life saving device, or kept in a vegetative state.

I am the oldest of 10 siblings. My siblings are extremely loving, generous, and they are fighting over who will take me in. It is not for the money, because I have little, and what I do have, is already set up in a trust, and they already know how the estate is set up.

I started out with plans to leave my estate to my nieces and nephews. It became obvious, as my nieces and nephews, became older, that it was not a very good idea. My siblings get everything, split equally among them. It will be up to them which of their children are deserving of my inheritance.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(06-22-2022, 05:50 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I am looking for a new home. I have too much land and more space than I can manage. My Mother is almost 90 years old, and I hang in there, only because she is still with me.

I cannot live in an apartment. I need manageable space, and the only space I think of as being livable, is a tiny cottage, in the middle of the woods, in the middle of nowhere.

I do not fear death. In fact, I would rather be killed off, than to be place on some life saving device, or kept in a vegetative state.

I am the oldest of 10 siblings. My siblings are extremely loving, generous, and they are fighting over who will take me in. It is not for the money, because I have little, and what I do have, is already set up in a trust, and they already know how the estate is set up.

I started out with plans to leave my estate to my nieces and nephews. It became obvious, as my nieces and nephews, became older, that it was not a very good idea. My siblings get everything, split equally among them. It will be up to them which of their children are deserving of my inheritance.

How ironic, I could have written almost the exact same post, save for a few minor edits.  Most likely no blood will get the real estate, regardless of where it is.  I will more than likely bequeath that to friends.  Blood can have the money, whatever is left, when we're gone.  Beyond that, they're welcome to come scavenge the remaining bones.  All the good stuff will have been long gone to more deserving.

I told the wife, which ever one of us goes last...just spend every last remaining dollar on one hell of a fireworks show!
May your new ranch be rattlesnake and Democrat free! Lest there be beer flowing steaks cooking and wimmins feeding the chickens.
(06-22-2022, 06:01 AM)Brotherman Wrote: May your new ranch be rattlesnake and Democrat free! Lest there be beer flowing steaks cooking and wimmins feeding the chickens.

I'm meaner than any damn rattler, but them other 'snakes' skeer the bejeezus out of this fella!  Beyond that, thanks for the good wishes!

Trust me...there will be a BBQ and all here will be invited, and I'll even put up the steer (y'all will have to work out the sides)...so everyone better make sure they're damn hungry!
(06-22-2022, 06:11 AM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote:
(06-22-2022, 06:01 AM)Brotherman Wrote: May your new ranch be rattlesnake and Democrat free! Lest there be beer flowing steaks cooking and wimmins feeding the chickens.

I'm meaner than any damn rattler, but them other 'snakes' skeer the bejeezus out of this fella!  Beyond that, thanks for the good wishes!

Trust me...there will be a BBQ and all here will be invited, and I'll even put up the steer (y'all will have to work out the sides)...so everyone better make sure they're damn hungry!

In this damfangled new age of modern medical and scientific methods where as the modern man can be pregnant I’ll be claiming I’m eating and drinking for two  minusculebeercheers
(06-22-2022, 05:59 AM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote: How ironic, I could have written almost the exact same post, save for a few minor edits.  Most likely no blood will get the real estate, regardless of where it is.  I will more than likely bequeath that to friends.  Blood can have the money, whatever is left, when we're gone.  Beyond that, they're welcome to come scavenge the remaining bones.  All the good stuff will have been long gone to more deserving.

I told the wife, which ever one of us goes last...just spend every last remaining dollar on one hell of a fireworks show!

My siblings and I grew up poor as church mice. My Father was a strict disciplinarian, that did not believe in corporeal punishment, and strongly pushed the power of education. He knew the difference between going to school and being educated.

My siblings don't need my money. In fact, all but one of my siblings are more financially secure than I am, because I spent my entire life serving my family and my community.

I have no husband, and no children of my own. I was blessed, through God's grace, with financial security, and blessed with the gifted knowledge that the more I shared, the more I received.

I will share an incident that will seem supernatural, but it wasn't. Back in 2014 I was bed bound for three months. I was three months behind in my mortgage, and I knew I was going to lose my house. I was frightened, lost, and had given up hope. I totally relinquished everything. I prayed, and I told God that I did not care any more. That if he wanted me to stay in my house, he had to work a miracle, because there was no way I could manage without him stepping up to the plate.

The next month, I got a check from my job including, my pay and my comp pay, that put my mortgage up to date. Every month for the next four months, I received checks from places that I had forgotten about, and did not request.

I know that there are a lot of people that do not believe in God. And I have no explanation for why he came through for me, when I needed help the most. I was not deserving. I did not earn his grace. The only thing that I feel may have made a difference is that I have always, graciously and willing considered myself as a servant.

I receive great joy from giving and bringing joy, and fulfilling the needs of those in my family and community.

• minusculebeercheers 

(06-22-2022, 06:25 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: My siblings and I grew up poor as church mice. My Father was a strict disciplinarian, that did not believe in corporeal punishment, and strongly pushed the power of education. He knew the difference between going to school and being educated.

My siblings don't need my money. In fact, all but one of my siblings are more financially secure than I am, because I spent my entire life serving my family and my community.

I have no husband, and no children of my own. I was blessed, through God's grace, with financial security, and blessed with the gifted knowledge that the more I shared, the more I received.

I will share an incident that will seem supernatural, but it wasn't. Back in 2014 I was bed bound for three months. I was three months behind in my mortgage, and I knew I was going to lose my house. I was frightened, lost, and had given up hope. I totally relinquished everything. I prayed, and I told God that I did not care any more. That if he wanted me to stay in my house, he had to work a miracle, because there was no way I could manage without him stepping up to the plate.

The next month, I got a check from my job including, my pay and my comp pay, that put my mortgage up to date. Every month for the next four months, I received checks from places that I had forgotten about, and did not request.

I know that there are a lot of people that do not believe in God. And I have no explanation for why he came through for me, when I needed help the most. I was not deserving. I did not earn his grace. The only thing that I feel may have made a difference is that I have always, graciously and willing considered myself as a servant.

I receive great joy from giving and bringing joy, and fulfilling the needs of those in my family and community.

Wow...truly amazing story!  Thank you.

Please don't take from my other reply to brotherman (in the "moment" thread) that I don't 'believe', I very much do; I just don't profess to be enough of an expert in that area to provide guidance of that sort.
(06-22-2022, 06:13 AM)Brotherman Wrote:

In this damfangled new age of modern medical and scientific methods where as the modern man can be pregnant I’ll be claiming I’m eating and drinking for two  minusculebeercheers

I am not a religious person. The church I attend now, I am not a bona-fide member.

I had a discussion with the Pastor back in 2012, when my Mother became an official member of the church. I explained to him that I had no trust for any man made religion. He told me that he understood, and he had no desire to try to change how I felt, or what I believed.

I am one of those people that cannot stand still if I see something needs to be done. It is the curse of the servant spirit. I don't need someone to tell me to do something. I will do what needs to be done, simply because it needs to be done. I used to think that it was an abnormality that was unique to myself, until I met a few Lorettas and Evelyns, and realized that some of us don't need instruction to do what is needed, or what is right, and will likely step on a few toes along the way,

• minusculebeercheers 

(06-22-2022, 07:11 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(06-22-2022, 06:13 AM)Brotherman Wrote:

I am not a religious person. The church I attend now, I am not a bona-fide member.

I had a discussion with the Pastor back in 2012, when my Mother became an official member of the church. I explained to him that I had no trust for any man made religion. He told me that he understood, and he had no desire to try to change how I felt, or what I believed.

I am one of those people that cannot stand still if I see something needs to be done. It is the curse of the servant spirit. I don't need someone to tell me to do something. I will do what needs to be done, simply because it needs to be done. I used to think that it was an abnormality that was unique to myself, until I met a few Lorettas and Evelyns, and realized that some of us don't need instruction to do what is needed, or what is right, and will likely step on a few toes along the way,
I know what you mean because I am exactly like you are and were. It wasn't long ago I found God but it didn't happen because of the church.
(06-22-2022, 07:51 AM)Brotherman Wrote: I know what you mean because I am exactly like you are and were. It wasn't long ago I found God but it didn't happen because of the church.

I grew up in the church. The church was the bedrock of our small backwoods community.

The church was the community hub. Where the needs of the community were identified and addressed.

From broken furnaces, sick or hungry residents, to shoeless children. The church provided.

We were all poor, but it was amazing how many people could be fed from a pot of stone soup.

I fell away from the church when I was older, because all the churches I found were lacking, something. 

I didn't know what it was. It took a long time for me to realize, that all those churches were heavy on the world, but lacking in the word.

I didn't find the church that I attended now. It found me. And I didn't find God. He found me.

Everyone has their own story. Mine is a doozy. Says everyone that recognizes their story.

The people are the church, and you don't need a physical structure to have a church. In fact, I would suggest that if you have a church that is putting more money in a building, than they are in the community, then you don't have a church a all.

• minusculebeercheers 

@"FlyingClayDisk" 
Thanks for sharing. I'm pretty excited for you. It's so nice when you know exactly where you want to be and have the means and wherewithal to make it happen. Good on you! Please keep us all posted on your progress. I have never been to Wyoming, but have a friend who moved there recently, and likes it a lot. She says it's so pretty and unspoiled there. You may even find an already built ranch that you can just move right into instead of having to build from the ground up. 

@"NightskyeB4Dawn" 
Thanks for sharing. I believe God saw that you had helped many people, and knew He would help you get back on your feet in 2014. I feel like you do towards religion. I believe in God, but don't go to church. Many churches seem to have turned political, and the only thing they worship is money. I don't have to belong to a church to donate my time, money, etc, or to volunteer to help others. I don't have to belong to a church to pray for others. 

@"Brotherman" 
I know you have tongue firmly in cheek when you talk about no democrats invading. I think I could be an exception to not being able to come to celebrate with FCD when he finds his forever home just 'cause I'm a libby. The area I live in is mostly conservative, with just a few libbys, so I'm surrounded, but I get along fine with my conservative neighbors. We are not all the same you know.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
I am truly happy for you and yours.
wildwestemoji
Have fun out there pilgrim.
WHAT THE HELL !!
(06-22-2022, 05:26 AM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote: And so the search has officially begun. 

Somewhere out there in that vast expanse of 97,914 square miles called Wyoming is a ranch where I will spend the rest of my days 'out to pasture' on this blue orb.

I spent nearly 4 decades criss-crossing this globe, and not so long from now, that aircraft door will close one final time...and I won't be onboard!

I never thought I would see this day, but I can see it now...Mama, I'm comin' HOME!!!

My heart never left the place that made me the man I am today, the place that shaped every single tenet by which I live and believe in.  Wyoming is, and always was...my HOME.  Life being what it is, sometimes we can't always stay in the place we love so, but I made a promise to my Wyoming...I'd be back.  And, be back I will.

Later this month we will begin a series of forays up into Wyo researching suitable properties, meeting with friends, colleagues and agentgs to relocate all of.."this"...all this life.  We gave Colorado our very best shot, but Colorado will never be home...and each day it gets further away from home.  We, as a community, as the largest portion of the state, the biggest land owners and the ones true to the roots of this state held them off as long as we could, but "woke" is now creeping, no "encroaching", further and further into our once peaceful 'live and let live' lives.  They can assimilate this place (maybe...someday), but they can never assimilate me, or us.  The time for me here is over.

And, as I look back, I never really could call this place home, not in the true "home" sense, despite how hard we worked to try to make it be...all of us.  I don't harbor any anger really; sadness more than anything, for those less fortunate than us (for which I am thankful to be so blessed, but make no mistake we worked awfully hard for it too, and sacrificed much).  Somehow, in my heart, I always knew this would be the final chapter, don't ask me how.

It seems almost unimaginable to me this day is upon me.  No longer is it some distant dream, some fantasy.  I no longer have to wish for all the stars to align, and some genie to pop out of some old relic of a bottle.  No, we already have a list of properties, and so our first trip in mid-July, just a few weeks from today, will be to survey the ones we can, and to prioritize the ones we can't get to.  In addition, we are now working with brokers state wide, and the list is growing faster than I had expected.

The thought of building another home is daunting (Gawd knows, I've built too many).  Just establishing another ranch is pretty daunting in itself, but maybe it won't be as difficult as what we had to do here (which was start from bare earth).  Unlike then though, there will be no rush, and we've learned many things along the way which will make it so much easier.  So many things I wish I would have known when we first started this place.  No, this time will be a labor of love...even though I know the trials and tribulations involved even knowing what I know now.  And though the road is long and hard, I would have it no other way.

Mama...I'm comin' home!!

GiantThumbsUp

I know the feeling.

I spent decades thrashing around the world after I left home - but note that while I left home, home never left me.

There was always just one more thing to do, and after that was done, there was still just one MORE thing to do before I could go home. I reckon Grace could see it in me, because one day in Kansas City she said "Nope. No more things to do. Pack our shit in the truck, we're going home"... and she was a midwesterner, had never even seen these mountains to call them "home", but there it was.

So I packed up the truck, and spent my birthday of 2014 driving 19 hours straight through to get back here.

And here is where I will stay. I'm home.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-22-2022, 06:25 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: ...

I think you may have it a little backwards. Grace cannot be earned - that would mean that you saved yourself through works, rather than Grace. Parents will understand that when your child comes to you in need, you don't evaluate it asking yourself "does this little bastard REALLY deserve any help?" No, you help, because they are your kids. They don't earn it, you give it because thy are in need.

Likewise, God does not help us because of what we have or haven't done. God does not help us because we help others, we help others because God gas helped us.

"We love Him because He first loved us" - 1 John 4:19

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-22-2022, 09:20 PM)ChiefD Wrote: ...

@"Brotherman" 
I know you have tongue firmly in cheek when you talk about no democrats invading. I think I could be an exception to not being able to come to celebrate with FCD when he finds his forever home just 'cause I'm a libby. The area I live in is mostly conservative, with just a few libbys, so I'm surrounded, but I get along fine with my conservative neighbors. We are not all the same you know.

You're right. This is a time for building bridges. The time for blowing them up has not yet come, and when it does, folks may be surprised who is left on their side of the bridge when the dust settles and the smoke clears... if they play their cards right, that is.

Blind partisanship and partisan jingoism has destroyed more than one nation, and this one may be just the next in line if we don't get our crap together and all into one sock.

Democrats are abandoning the Biden regime left and right. If Conservatives cannot recognize that for what it is, then what is coming is just as heavily on their shoulders as it is on anyone elses. We should be building alliances against the common foe rather than letting that foe divide us with false enmities.

While the "elites" have us at one anothers throats in the trenches, they sit on their thrones on high and laugh all the way to the bank with OUR money, and they let no partisanship get in their way.

I think we could take a lesson from that.

I'm very happy for you.

Just please, when moving all your stuff, don't forget you dogs hose.
Unless you plan on buying him a new one.

I can't wait to read more stories about your farm life.  You tell them so well.
(06-22-2022, 09:20 PM)ChiefD Wrote: @"FlyingClayDisk" 
Thanks for sharing. I'm pretty excited for you. It's so nice when you know exactly where you want to be and have the means and wherewithal to make it happen. Good on you! Please keep us all posted on your progress. I have never been to Wyoming, but have a friend who moved there recently, and likes it a lot. She says it's so pretty and unspoiled there. You may even find an already built ranch that you can just move right into instead of having to build from the ground up.

Thanks!  Yes, it is a wild and beautiful place.  Certainly not for the timid, which is one of the reasons it's so great.  And yes, we will look at developed, semi-developed and undeveloped property.  So, it is possible we could find something in the semi-developed category.  Fully developed though is doubtful because this will be our last home, so we have some pretty specific requirements which a person might find 1-2 of in a property, but not all.  This will be an "All-In" proposition (i.e. 'worked our whole lives for this' / 'spend it all', kind of thing)

Quote:@"Brotherman" 

And you would be correct!  Above, when I said "ALL", I meant exactly that...ALL! 

ALL here will welcome!
(06-23-2022, 08:39 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(06-22-2022, 09:20 PM)ChiefD Wrote: ...

@"Brotherman" 

You're right. This is a time for building bridges. The time for blowing them up has not yet come, and when it does, folks may be surprised who is left on their side of the bridge when the dust settles and the smoke clears... if they play their cards right, that is.

Blind partisanship and partisan jingoism has destroyed more than one nation, and this one may be just the next in line if we don't get our crap together and all into one sock.

Democrats are abandoning the Biden regime left and right. If Conservatives cannot recognize that for what it is, then what is coming is just as heavily on their shoulders as it is on anyone elses. We should be building alliances against the common foe rather than letting that foe divide us with false enmities.

While the "elites" have us at one anothers throats in the trenches, they sit on their thrones on high and laugh all the way to the bank with OUR money, and they let no partisanship get in their way.

I think we could take a lesson from that.

Indeed!  And, another encouraging sign is RINO's are taking some heavy fire now too...which is a good thing!

Forget who coined the term, the reality is...people are starting to wake up to the reality that the "Swamp" doesn't necessarily wear a red or blue arm-band.

And furthermore, if anyone needs a timely example...just take a look at who is supporting and voting 'Yea' on this Red-Flag legislation!!!!  Every single politician who votes 'Yea' on those bills needs to GO!  Period!

Most incomprehensibly Un-Constitutional legislation ever envisioned!
(06-22-2022, 05:26 AM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote: And so the search has officially begun. 

Somewhere out there in that vast expanse of 97,914 square miles called Wyoming is a ranch where I will spend the rest of my days 'out to pasture' on this blue orb....

I got all excited there... one of my favourite songs is called "I'm Coming Home"!!
https://youtu.be/lBAxSNbZOj0
G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]