Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The WHO is changing the name “monkeypox”
Why? Racist, emotional trauma.

WHO calls on "Experts" for “urgent name change.”

“Monkeypox” just isn’t scary enough. Damn sheeple are not scared and just making funny memes.

The WHO is changing the name “monkeypox”

[Image: xmi3jis.jpg]
https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1536708283754479618

Article above links to...

Urgent need for a non-discriminatory and non-stigmatizing nomenclature for monkeypox virus

Blah, blah reasoning BS...at bottom of the urgency post has...

Quote:Suggestions for new name

Simian Pox /Simpox
HOPS - Human Orthopox Syndrome (for the clinical entity)

Nothing like a rebrand and relaunch. Marketing 101.

"HOPS" - big pharma approves because "Human" + "syndrome" = $$$.

"Ortho"? I'm not a biologist so I must be missing something here.

[Image: a55Zv2J.jpg]

Sphincterpox or my original calling...Moneypox aka Electionpox.
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

I suppose there is a possibility some Goddamn Money/Ape got Offended by the Name Monkeypox!  tinyhuh
The Monkey's and Apes got a Lawyer and are going to Sue!  tinysure

[Image: middle-finger-apemiddlefinger.gif][Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47hqmgclkwfl6439dk4b...y.gif&ct=g]
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I'm calling it "Pride Pox".
Maybe the name will catch on.
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(06-16-2022, 10:52 PM)guohua Wrote: I suppose there is a possibility some Goddamn Money/Ape got Offended by the Name Monkeypox!  tinyhuh

[Image: middle-finger-apemiddlefinger.gif][Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47hqmgclkwfl6439dk4b...y.gif&ct=g]

Or they lied about what it actually is, they were forced to come clean, so they met the threat part way, by just renaming it.

tinywondering

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(06-16-2022, 11:03 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: I'm calling it "Pride Pox".

You have a good idea.
But gay men are feeling Victimized.

Quote:Colorado now has two cases of monkeypox.

The World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have said that patients infected worldwide are primarily people who identify as men who have sex with men.
While the CDC and WHO have also noted that sexuality does not correlate with disease, homophobic responses have blown up online. 

With Pride Month underway, activists and advocates in Colorado have expressed concern for the LGBTQ community. 

“We’re targeted for all kinds of things.

It’s always our fault when something goes wrong.

It’s always our fault. And, the reality is, it’s not,” said Mardi Moore, executive director of Out Boulder County, an advocacy organization that supports LGBTQ+ communities.
Source

It is NOT your Fault!!??
  bs It is your Fault. Stand Up and accept the responsibility for having unprotected Sex with another man who is not your Life Partner Whom You Trust.
(06-16-2022, 11:11 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(06-16-2022, 10:52 PM)guohua Wrote: I suppose there is a possibility some Goddamn Money/Ape got Offended by the Name Monkeypox!  tinyhuh

Or they lied about what it actually is, they were forced to come clean, so they met the threat part way, by just renaming it.

tinywondering

That could be true,,,, but it seems to have started in Africa in 1970.
Quote:The recent global outbreak of the virus has infected over 1,900 people in over 30 countries.

The virus was first reported in the 1970s with repeated outbreaks around Western and Central Africa since. However, the scientists' group says the decades-old report is inaccurate as not enough evidence confirms the origin.

It also seems the Africans are complaining about the man Monkeypox.

Quote:"The most obvious manifestation of this is the use of photos of African patients to depict the pox lesions in mainstream media in the global north," scientists stated. "Recently, Foreign Press Association, Africa issued a statement urging the global media to stop using images of African people to highlight the outbreak in Europe."

The scientists also argued that the name counters the practice to refrain from "geographic locations in the nomenclature of diseases and disease groups."

Throughout the proposal, the scientists refer to the strain as “hMPXV,” rather than monkeypox, as a placeholder.

The Foreign Press Association of Africa put out a statement on May 21 expressing their "displeasure" with perpetuating negative stereotypes.
Source

Sounds like the Africans got their Little Feels Hurt and went Crying To Momma.
They need to own up to the name and start Educating their Population, to leave animals alone.
Why???

Quote:Monkeypox virus is a smallpox-like viral infection transmitted from animals to humans.
Source
(06-16-2022, 11:03 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: I'm calling it "Pride Pox".

It's good that they want to avoid the slightest implied comparison between Africans and monkeys, unlike the infamous Howard Cosell comment (if anyone remembers that one).

I'm sure that by claiming that it's primarily a gay disease, that doesn't give anyone the impression that homo sex is a filthy unnatural act that spreads diseases around. If they wanted to make an impression like that, they could just call it the promiscuous, ass fucking, felching, gerbil pox instead (or PAFFGP for a cryptic scientific sounding acronym).
[Image: 4OpESNP.jpg]

[Image: HTCjsmP.jpg]

[Image: N9fhGng.jpg]
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.