Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SO MUCH to write here!!!
Hi All!

I haven't been here in a while, and this is because I haven't been anywhere in a while.  Quite a while actually.  I have SO many things to write about, and I am hopelessly behind, but I will try to catch up.  First of all...where have I been??

Well, to the extent that anyone actually "missed" me, LOL!, I actually had to take a couple 'sick days' off.  As some of you know, back in early 2021 I had complete reconstruction on my right shoulder, and the recovery was pretty devastating.  (way worse than I thought).  Right after I started to get back to normal my left hip started giving me problems from another mishap I'd been in.  It got progressively worse to the point I haven't really been able to walk (at all) for much of 2022.  I was hobbling around with a cane (barely), and pretty much just 'existing'...(i.e. eating and sleeping, punctuated by some online working).  On top of all this, I had several other medical issues which were complicating getting anything fixed properly.  

To make a really long story short(er), back in about Oct of 2021 I just about croaked from some blood clots in my lungs, and basically had to turn a page in my life and get serious about getting better.  In the process, I quit smoking, quit drinking, lost 50 lbs. and tried to get into good enough health to get some things fixed once and for all.  In the middle of May I had total hip replacement surgery.  The surgery went well, and I'm recovering nicely from that.  Along the way I have been able to correct a whole host of other problems (high BP, cholesterol, and a laundry list of other things). 

Bottom line...I'm one tough SOB, BUT I completely underestimated how tough you have to be to get...OLD!!  Gettin' old is a serious BITCH!  It ain't for the weak, that's for damn sure!

SO anyway...the "New & Improved - FlyingClayDisk"...is BACK!  (on Sale at discount stores everywhere, with 'Buy One Get One Free' offers galore!  .and even Free Shipping, if you're one of the first 8 million callers!)

Right off the bat I have a couple of things I want to share, a couple stories.  One of them is about "Dreams" (which I don't know where to put here), and the other is about "The Cloud".

I will post these stories elsewhere and won't bore you to unconsciousness with them here, but I just wanted to say, I'm glad to be back, and I look forward to participating more in the near future!
I’m so glad you’re back! And yes, I missed you. I’m so happy to hear things are getting better for you health wise. You are a hell of a tough guy! I always enjoy reading your posts. You have so many awesome interests. I read most of your cooking posts on ATS. 

I’m looking forward to seeing more of your posts.  minusculebeercheers
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
Yep getting old is not for a sissy minusculebeercheers
So, how old are you ? 

Looking forward to your stories.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
Well...I didn't miss ya but I did notice you were missing for awhile and wondered what happened.

bigfrightened

WoW, the new & improved Six-million-dollar FCD! Damn, I was cringing just reading your short(er) ordeal. Holy shit, that is some life altering changes you had to face, endure, and presevere. Well, I take it the worse is over and so begins the slow road to recovery. I guess you're not yet up for dancing (thread I just posted), but your writing flare tells me you're in high spirits.

minusculebeercheers

Shit, sorry about that.

Here, here...I hear this is better for ya

[Image: 5JuGjG6.jpg]
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

(06-15-2022, 04:49 AM)kdog Wrote: So, how old are you ? 

Almost a decade over a half century.
(06-15-2022, 05:17 AM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote:

Yeah, I'm only 57 and got lucky in the healthy body thing. Smoking, drinking heavy and 34 years of working on elevators . Working on elevators is like being an iron worker , plumber and electrician . Then throw in electronics and software engineer. 

Man, I do not miss that shit. 

I really hope you heal up soon.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
@"FlyingClayDisk" 
I was actually looking up your email address in the Back-End yesterday to email you.
The email is in my Draft File, I can delete it now.

How Old Are We.
@"727Sky"  actually said it best. "Yep getting old is not for a sissy"

Actually my husband and I are Lucky to be Alive if you take into account our Former Occupations, my husband more-so than me.
Let me think,,, OLD!  tinylaughing
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(06-15-2022, 06:47 AM)guohua Wrote: @"FlyingClayDisk" 
I was actually looking up your email address in the Back-End yesterday to email you.
The email is in my Draft File, I can delete it now.

How Old Are We.
@"727Sky"  actually said it best. "Yep getting old is not for a sissy"

Actually my husband and I are Lucky to be Alive if you take into account our Former Occupations, my husband more-so than me.
Let me think,,, OLD!  tinylaughing

Hopefully, you weren't going to tell me I was fired!  tinylaughing

That would have been a real bummer!

BTW...same for my occupation also (for quite a while)
(06-15-2022, 04:28 AM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote: Hi All!

I haven't been here in a while, and this is because I haven't been anywhere in a while.  Quite a while actually.  I have SO many things to write about, and I am hopelessly behind, but I will try to catch up.  First of all...where have I been??

Well, to the extent that anyone actually "missed" me, LOL!, I actually had to take a couple 'sick days' off.  As some of you know, back in early 2021 I had complete reconstruction on my right shoulder, and the recovery was pretty devastating.  (way worse than I thought).  Right after I started to get back to normal my left hip started giving me problems from another mishap I'd been in.  It got progressively worse to the point I haven't really been able to walk (at all) for much of 2022.  I was hobbling around with a cane (barely), and pretty much just 'existing'...(i.e. eating and sleeping, punctuated by some online working).  On top of all this, I had several other medical issues which were complicating getting anything fixed properly.  

To make a really long story short(er), back in about Oct of 2021 I just about croaked from some blood clots in my lungs, and basically had to turn a page in my life and get serious about getting better.  In the process, I quit smoking, quit drinking, lost 50 lbs. and tried to get into good enough health to get some things fixed once and for all.  In the middle of May I had total hip replacement surgery.  The surgery went well, and I'm recovering nicely from that.  Along the way I have been able to correct a whole host of other problems (high BP, cholesterol, and a laundry list of other things). 

Bottom line...I'm one tough SOB, BUT I completely underestimated how tough you have to be to get...OLD!!  Gettin' old is a serious BITCH!  It ain't for the weak, that's for damn sure!

SO anyway...the "New & Improved - FlyingClayDisk"...is BACK!  (on Sale at discount stores everywhere, with 'Buy One Get One Free' offers galore!  .and even Free Shipping, if you're one of the first 8 million callers!)

Right off the bat I have a couple of things I want to share, a couple stories.  One of them is about "Dreams" (which I don't know where to put here), and the other is about "The Cloud".

I will post these stories elsewhere and won't bore you to unconsciousness with them here, but I just wanted to say, I'm glad to be back, and I look forward to participating more in the near future!
I actually heard you turned coat was out on the campaign trail trying to rally support for Biden in a cross country nursing home surge. 

I'm just kidding with you brother. Its good to see you back and hope you getting better by the day. I enjoy your posts most of the time especially the scuba one you posted awhile back.

You and @Kdog are new candidates for the Silver club.

I guess you will make Platinum after I have  pasted on to through the Ether club.

But anyway, got you guys by a decade.

Things get better up here because you have lived with the pain for so long it seems normal. 

The wisdom they claim we gain, is just all the wisdom we already had, but was oblivious to it, because we were too busy trying to change what we couldn't and refusing to change what we could, when we could.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Good to see you back.
Getting over 'the worse part' is great, because it just prepares you for 'the worst part'.
I'm not supposed to live more than two more years (according to the 'experts'), so...smoke 'em if you got 'em.

"Good judgment comes from experience...
Experience...? Well, that comes from poor judgment."
~ Dean Martin ~

GiantThumbsUp Glad you made it back. Miss your writing.
WHAT THE HELL !!
I’m glad you’re feeling better and that you’re back, I was missing your posts.
(06-15-2022, 02:20 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

You and @Kdog are new candidates for the Silver club.

I guess you will make Platinum after I have  pasted on to through the Ether club.

But anyway, got you guys by a decade.

Things get better up here because you have lived with the pain for so long it seems normal. 

The wisdom they claim we gain, is just all the wisdom we already had, but was oblivious to it, because we were too busy trying to change what we couldn't and refusing to change what we could, when we could.

True words of wisdom indeed!!

I wish I could go back to my youth knowing what I know now!  My how different things would be!  It's just not fair.  :-)
(06-15-2022, 02:20 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

I may have to frame that quote. That is spot on! If I could take my current wisdom and go back in time just 7 years I'd be a double-digit multi-millionaire today. minusculebonker

"There are no happy endings in history, only crisis points that pass."
― Isaac Asimov
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.