Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Exorcists are Suffering Burnout as Number of Possessed People Rises
Here's a little interesting article I came across a while ago. Supposedly exorcists are suffering from overwork and burnout due to the sharp increase in possessions these days.

Quote:It’s a rare worker who doesn’t complain about burnout, but most people don’t often lump Catholic priests into the category of ‘workers’. However, one group of priests claim they are suffering from having too many ‘customers’ and not enough support from their boss. No, not THAT boss – the bishops in Catholic dioceses around the world who these priests say don’t give them the backing they need to do their jobs … as exorcists.

My personal opinion is that this is not entirely unexpected. Many of us who believe that we are perhaps experiencing "End Times" phenomena are of a belief that as the clock winds down evil will run amok in the world and demonic possession is a part of that. Even if you aren't a believer in biblical prophecy you have to admit that evil in the world seems to be gaining ground. Factor in people who are losing their grip on reality due to all the craziness the past few years who BELIEVE they are possessed and the numbers that must be investigated increase exponentially.

Quote:In addition, misinformation has caused many people infected with COVID-19 to think they’re possessed, or to believe that an exorcism can remove the disease better than medication and treatment can. According to interviews of attendees by The Times of London, the priests say their bishops refuse to bring in more exorcists to help with the workload. It’s worse in some areas – the survey found that Italy has 290 exorcists and Spain has 37, while the UK and Ireland together have only 28 working exorcists, and Manila in the Philippines has only one exorcism office. A little help is on the way – there were 120 attendees taking the course in May.

Link to full article here

One does not necessarily need to be a Christian to believe in possession. At one time I thought that people claiming to be possessed were all mentally ill and even now I feel that the vast majority of cases are exactly that, but after a personal experience I learned that it can and does happen- and now it seems to be happening more frequently. Just my own personal opinion- take it or leave it! 
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(06-06-2022, 04:29 AM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: One does not necessarily need to be a Christian to believe in possession. At one time I thought that people claiming to be possessed were all mentally ill and even now I feel that the vast majority of cases are exactly that, but after a personal experience I learned that it can and does happen- and now it seems to be happening more frequently. Just my own personal opinion- take it or leave it! 

GeauxHomeLittleD, a couple of years ago, I was called to a local hospital to provide services to a patient that had been the victim of a sexual assault and trauma. We were given a room in the busy ER, and across the hall from us was a patient that scared the hell out of me. The behavior of the patient, her strength, and her behavior, looked exactly what most horror movies show as a demon possessed individual.

I spoke with the nurse, the doctor, and with my patient that was also exposed to this individual. Every single one of them said, without me saying anything, that they thought the individual was possessed. I don't know what happened to that patient, she was not mine. All I know about the case is that she was Baker Acted to a local mental facility.

After this close encounter, I started to notice, frequent news articles of incidents that made me think that it is highly possible that demons are walking the Earth. Recently I responded to a thread somewhere, suggesting that it is possible that all the recent and numerous accounts of dogs killing their owners, may also be related to this phenomenon.

I think demon possession is a real thing. And I think we are going to see a lot more of it.

Crazy thing is, I know may faith is strong. I also know that as strong as my faith is, that I am no match for Satan. I can't defeat him, that is God's job, but I can reject him. I am going to die eventually. I hope I will go out defiantly.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(06-06-2022, 05:13 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: GeauxHomeLittleD, a couple of years ago, I was called to a local hospital to provide services to a patient that had been the victim of a sexual assault and trauma. We were given a room in the busy ER, and across the hall from us was a patient that scared the hell out of me. The behavior of the patient, her strength, and her behavior, looked exactly what most horror movies show as a demon possessed individual.

I spoke with the nurse, the doctor, and with my patient that was also exposed to this individual. Every single one of them said, without me saying anything, that they thought the individual was possessed. I don't know what happened to that patient, she was not mine. All I know about the case is that she was Baker Acted to a local mental facility.

After this close encounter, I started to notice, frequent news articles of incidents that made me think that it is highly possible that demons are walking the Earth. Recently I responded to a thread somewhere, suggesting that it is possible that all the recent and numerous accounts of dogs killing their owners, may also be related to this phenomenon.

I think demon possession is a real thing. And I think we are going to see a lot more of it.

Crazy thing is, I know may faith is strong. I also know that as strong as my faith is, that I am no match for Satan. I can't defeat him, that is God's job, but I can reject him. I am going to die eventually. I hope I will go out defiantly.

The part about dogs killing their owners rings a bell. My memory isn't what it used to be and I cannot remember if it was a biblical prophecy or a prophecy from one of the great seers (Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce, Baba Vanga, etc.) but I remember there was an end times prophecy about animals coming into the cities and attacking mankind.  

This past year I myself had many dreams about bears gathering in wooded areas around cities and towns that left me with the distinct feeling that they would soon be moving into the cities and attacking with it actually occurring in at least a few of them- though they did not attack me or my loved ones.  Some of the bear species I had never seen before and when I searched online after waking they were actually real bears.

We had to have our own puppers put down last year because he went from being the sweetest pup ever to being aggressive and unpredictable, he even started biting. When he tried to attack me it was the final straw. There was nothing physically wrong with him, he just flipped out like he was a completely different animal.
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
I think doing one exorcism would do me in, never mind a bunch of them. 

I look at the school shooter in Texas and what his c0lassmates said about him. An evil person. Maybe he had a little help.
(06-06-2022, 02:46 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: I think doing one exorcism would do me in, never mind a bunch of them. 

I look at the school shooter in Texas and what his c0lassmates said about him. An evil person. Maybe he had a little help.

Remember when they were blaming Flakka, the Zombie drug? Maybe something else was at play back then also.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(06-06-2022, 05:49 AM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote:
(06-06-2022, 05:13 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: ...

Recently I responded to a thread somewhere, suggesting that it is possible that all the recent and numerous accounts of dogs killing their owners, may also be related to this phenomenon.

The part about dogs killing their owners rings a bell. My memory isn't what it used to be and I cannot remember if it was a biblical prophecy or a prophecy from one of the great seers (Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce, Baba Vanga, etc.) but I remember there was an end times prophecy about animals coming into the cities and attacking mankind.  

This past year I myself had many dreams about bears gathering in wooded areas around cities and towns that left me with the distinct feeling that they would soon be moving into the cities and attacking with it actually occurring in at least a few of them- though they did not attack me or my loved ones.  Some of the bear species I had never seen before and when I searched online after waking they were actually real bears.

We had to have our own puppers put down last year because he went from being the sweetest pup ever to being aggressive and unpredictable, he even started biting. When he tried to attack me it was the final straw. There was nothing physically wrong with him, he just flipped out like he was a completely different animal.

There has been a black cat skulking around here that I have to wonder about. I've seen him on the surveillance cameras coming up to the back door, sitting down, and just staring into the house. A week or two ago, something was under the house thumping around, and got into an old unused heat duct and got up to a vent and was growling and snarling like a bear. A few nights later, on the night we were supposed to get a meteor shower, I went out about 1 am to watch it, and when I got outside the door, there was something down at the coal house behind my car wheezing and growling and carrying on, so I limbered up my pistol and jacked a round into the chamber and said "so you wanna play?" and as soon as I said that, I saw it take off into the dark, and it turned out it was that same black cat.

I might not be able to take out a demon with a pistol, but I can sure as hell flatten the tires on the car he's riding around in!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’