Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Geologist claims found Christ tomb...
Yes, that is what he's claiming.
So was Christ just and Man with followers?
I don't believe in God or a Virgin Having a Baby, so Just A Man In My Thoughts!
Quote:HE SAYS HE HAS PROOF 

Is where Jesus is buried? Geologist claims to have found Christ’s tomb
But not everyone believes he has found the Tomb!
Quote:ONE thing’s for sure – Dr Aryeh Shimron’s claims are going to be pretty controversial.

He’s a geologist and he apparently has proof that Jesus Christ is buried at a site in East Jerusalem.

[Image: nintchdbpict0002674953181.jpg?w=960]
This is the tomb in question
Quote:The area is called Talpiot Tomb and it was first found in 1980. But now Aryeh has done some tests, which he says prove Jesus of Nazareth, his wife Mary Magdalene and SON Judah were laid to rest there.
There are nine burial boxes in the tomb, and they all have names with links to the New Testament of the Bible on them.
It all caused people to suggest it was where Jesus’s body was buried, and was proof he’d married and had a child. This was highly controversial, given Christians believe Jesus was resurrected.
Source
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Oh Christ-almighty!

I'm sure that if Dr Aryeh Shimron's claims are proven to be true, then there'll be
certain agencies stepping in to ridicule the whole idea and the story will fade away.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I watch Regina Meredith on Open Minds every week.  She has had some great people she's interviewed on her show who have brought forth very compelling evidence to show that Jesus was just a man who came to deliver a divine message, same as some others before him.  There is also evidence to show he was married to Mary Magdalene and did not die on the cross.
I've also seen several other shows where the "resurrection" is explained, but man twisted it all around in interpretations to what we read today in the Christian Bible.

I'm not saying I believe it, only that I've seen both sides of the argument.  The jury is still out for me. I think it all has to do with my years and years of Christian brain washing.   tinywondering In order for me to believe anything else will take years and years of showing absolute PROOF that he did not die on the cross. 
It took years of me struggling with my Christian beliefs before I came to realize that reincarnation was the truth, so the same applies here. If it really is true that Jesus didn't die on the cross, it will be revealed to me until no fiber of my inner being can deny it.

By the way, very interesting article!   minusculethumbsup2
So fictional characters have tombs these days lah ....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

(09-19-2016, 07:22 AM)Daitengu Wrote: So fictional characters have tombs these days lah ....

Just like Ms. Clayton explained to us in Sunday School, Dait.... do not doubt and
believe your elders.

At 56. I'm now an elder.
'Steer your own ship' -that's all I've got!!
tinyhuh
(09-19-2016, 12:09 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(09-19-2016, 07:22 AM)Daitengu Wrote: So fictional characters have tombs these days lah ....

Just like Ms. Clayton explained to us in Sunday School, Dait.... do not doubt and
believe your elders.

At 56. I'm now an elder.
'Steer your own ship' -that's all I've got!!
tinyhuh
I must be a Senior Elder Then  tinyhuh .

Now, My Opinion is that Christ was a Man a Mortal man and nothing More.
With Followers (misguided followers) like Jim Jones of Jonestown, in Guyana or Marshall Applewhite of Haven's Gate cult and there are others that have followers, David Koresh, the Branch Davidian also a religious sect.
I suppose not all of Christ Followers committed Suicide but they did die for their Religion and in his Name.
Quote:It all caused people to suggest it was where Jesus’s body was buried, and was proof he’d married and had a child.

This was highly controversial, given Christians believe Jesus was resurrected.

I imagine the Vatican wasn't too thrilled with this new idea either.
I mean, they have done nothing but to paint Mary Magdalene in a very bad light, shunning the thought of Jesus being married to her.

At the end of the movie "Stigmata" which was a very good movie BTW, there was one last note just before the credits, that the lost Gospel of Mary had been found in the 60's but that the Vatican had them locked away in a vault.

There is no telling what secrets lie in that vault, truth be told, kept hidden from the public.

Many people believe that yes, Jesus was just a guy. That he was a messenger of hope, faith, belief....sure.
But that the Catholics used him as a religious figure to 'control' the masses.

However, a married Jesus with a family would ruin that image they wanted to portray.

Yet most religions have some form of deity that they worship, so I suppose Jesus would be no different.

And how better to control the people than thru fear of being sent to hell, with fire and brimstone, if they acted up.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(09-20-2016, 02:35 AM)senona Wrote: I imagine the Vatican wasn't too thrilled with this new idea either.
I mean, they have done nothing but to paint Mary Magdalene in a very bad light, shunning the thought of Jesus being married to her.

At the end of the movie "Stigmata" which was a very good movie BTW, there was one last note just before the credits, that the lost Gospel of Mary had been found in the 60's but that the Vatican had them locked away in a vault.

There is no telling what secrets lie in that vault, truth be told, kept hidden from the public.

You can read the Lost Book of Mary Magdalene here:  The Gospel of Mary Magdalene
(09-20-2016, 06:28 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(09-20-2016, 02:35 AM)senona Wrote: I imagine the Vatican wasn't too thrilled with this new idea either.

You can read the Lost Book of Mary Magdalene here:  The Gospel of Mary Magdalene

Thanks, will do!!

If you ever get a chance to watch Stigmata, do.....it definitely gives one something to think about, if God is everywhere.

"Pick up a stone,  I am there....split a piece of wood and you will find Me"

Basically questioning the need for churches if God is every where.
But that goes back to control of the people, the need for churches.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

The thing that gets me is that Christianity is an oppressed religion, a belief structure born
from a time when it's faithful were under the thumb of a powerful force.
Hence, there's a lot of forgiveness in the religion and a wish that we can all live in peace.

Nothing wrong in that! -and I can see how such a belief would also involve the idea that the
need to pray to this deity would have no boundaries... no particular place to commune with
the deity.

What really grabs my nads... if that is still vogue to say it, that is... is how the religeon has
changed and now churches are the only-real place to seek grace with God.

The keepers of the faith wear garments that set them aside from the faith's followers and
the buildings of this religion hold valuables that do not relate to the original humble
beginnings.

Does God like gold...? Didn't he scribe to Moses that to fall before a false idol is wrong?
Like a cross or a supposed death-shroud from a crucifixion?

Ignoring the acquisition of passports for Nazi officials at the end of WWII and the Pope's lack
of will-power to hold some priests accountable for their misdeeds, I would say that the primary
faith has been tainted by the more-deficiencies of humanity.
(09-21-2016, 03:46 PM)BIAD Wrote: The thing that gets me is that Christianity is an oppressed religion, a belief structure born
from a time when it's faithful were under the thumb of a powerful force.
Hence, there's a lot of forgiveness in the religion and a wish that we can all live in peace.

Nothing wrong in that! -and I can see how such a belief would also involve the idea that the
need to pray to this deity would have no boundaries... no particular place to commune with
the deity.

What really grabs my nads... if that is still vogue to say it, that is... is how the religeon has
changed and now churches are the only-real place to seek grace with God.

The keepers of the faith wear garments that set them aside from the faith's followers and
the buildings of this religion hold valuables that do not relate to the original humble
beginnings.

Does God like gold...? Didn't he scribe to Moses that to fall before a false idol is wrong?
Like a cross or a supposed death-shroud from a crucifixion?

Ignoring the acquisition of passports for Nazi officials at the end of WWII and the Pope's lack
of will-power to hold some priests accountable for their misdeeds, I would say that the primary
faith has been tainted by the more-deficiencies of humanity.

AMEN! - wait, well, you get what I mean.

That's why I always had a high disregard for much of the Vatican. It's like a "Crawl Through Nails" game to be the pope or a cardinal and I don't think it's much different than a race for office. The means justify the end (for their own selfish reasons).

That's what blew me away with Francis. A guy who openly works (and has worked) for the poor and has the stones to tell his followers that they are focused and pre-occupied with the wrong things. And oh boy do the brimstone thrower's come out in force. As has been said on a select few "late night" news shows (Stewart mainly) "who died and made this guy pope?!"

But seriously. The people that practice Christianity are in express decline. The people that claim Christianity will all too quickly lambast their "counterparts" before they get in their fancy cars and drive home. I know that's a generalization but it's not an exaggeration.
So they found Jesus' tomb...

But but but but but...didn't he resuscitate and ascend with his body and la la la...?

I remember reading years ago that his tomb had been found somewhere in France along Mary Magdalene and kids...deja vu...

Not that I care really but yeah..that would throw a wrench in the works...

Some religious nutters would obviously deny it to no end.

Newsflash. Jesus has been on a very, very long vacation for the last two thousand years or so.

Or...it's all BS.

Spin the wheel...take a pick...place your bets...

But don't hold your breath.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
I understand there are some bad situations out there in churches, yesterday and today, but I'm glad I never was exposed to a lot of that crap. I didn't get the pre-packaged faith to go combos, the ones that come with guilt added on at no extra charge. I briefly attended a couple of churches that just didn't feel right, so I stopped going (after I was saved in 1984 at the age of 19). Thank goodness I have found a couple of churches that don't participate in that type of bullying. I can't stand the holier-than-thou crap that so many people wave around like a flag and call it Christianity these days. Jesus didn't like it either. That's why he didn't hang with the elite of the day, he hung out and broke bread with ordinary people.

Whether or not this tomb belonged to Christ is of no importance to me. The details can be squibbled and squabbled over to no end. People can argue it both ways until the end of time, and I won't care one bit. This earthly stuff is inconsequential when you know how it all goes down. People who are into the paranormal (Myself included) but have never read the King James Bible with an open mind, and for themselves, have no idea how surreal and magical, amazingly mystical the Bible can be. If Jesus were alive today he would be the ultimate whistle blower. His ideas were so radically different from the elite of the day that he had to be killed, one way or another.

The whole Bible is full of people telling us that they went "in spirit" to the top of a mountain, or above a city, with an angel. That's the same as astral travel. Jesus could look at the Pharisees and know what they were thinking to themselves as they played the hypocrite and denounced his helping the sick and communing with the lowly people. That's psychic intuition, or mind reading, whatever you want to call it. When Moses threw down Aaron's rod at Pharaoh's feet and it became a serpent, it was a result of godly power. When Pharaoh commanded his court magicians to do the same thing, they did... and their rods became serpents too, but it wasn't from godly power, it was earthly power. Who has dominion over the whole earth and the powers of the air? Satan. Aaron's rod/serpent turned around and devoured the magicians' rod/serpents... as if to show godly power trumps earthly power.

Finally, toward the end of the New Testament, several times Jesus "suddenly appeared" among his followers, after he had been crucified and rose again. They make a point of saying the door was sealed shut for the night, and he suddenly appeared among them. Can you imagine what a shock that was? Jesus also walked across the water to appear before some of his disciples in a boat, and it scared the heck out of t hem. They thought they were seeing a spirit and they were afraid, because they didn't recognize him. This says that 1) they knew of spirits, or ghosts and they were afraid of them, and 2) he appeared to them looking different, or not in the same "body" they knew him as before. As a side note, the Bible also says if you encounter spirits (ghosts) you are to question them... ask them if they are "of God" and see what their reaction is before you trust them, or try to help them, or whatever. This is to help people who are able to see or otherwise sense spirits so they won't be deceived by anything evil pretending to be something else.

I'll wrap up this rant of sorts by saying that this is entirely my take on several things mentioned in the Bible, which I also believe is fact, and I'm not criticizing anybody for believing differently. There was a decidedly negative image of Christ being portrayed here, and I just thought I'd even it up... not that he needs me or anybody else to speak for him!  

tinybiggrin
The above posting -in my opinion, is an excellent set of of comments regarding a religion.
An absolutely fantastic read, thank you Spirit Scribe!
We both agree with BIAD, well said @"Spirit Scribe" , we are not religious in the Christian Way, I'm basically a Buddhist and My Husband just doesn't believe.
Sorry, I just came across this thread having missed it before...

I myself am not a big fan of organised religions.
They have caused so many more struggles, inequalities, deaths and wars than anything else, and IMHO are generally controlled by a very few "privileged" individuals lording it over everyone else as they accrue their wealth and secrets (and power over everyone who follows them).

I do not have any problem at all with an individual choosing (of their own free will) to believe in a religion (of their own choice) if that helps them to understand or to cope better with what life throws at them, so long as they do not try to badger me (or others) into believing it too.
Each to their own and variety is the spice of life I say!

I do think that there may be a higher power, but prefer to liken that to "Forces of Nature" or the universal powers of biology/chemistry/physics and whatever other sciences act upon us and our environs in the universe around us.
I don't feel the need to introduce an all-powerful deity to explain what I don't understand yet, and am quite content to admit that... I just don't understand everything yet!

I do not need a God to tell me what is right and what is wrong.
I don't believe in outright "Good" vs "Evil" although I recognise that there are obviously people who behave well and others who behave with evil intent upon others. I just see that as simple morals or behaviours.

I object strongly to the notion that I, (as a non-believer) am in any way "less moralistic" than someone who has needed to be taught a code of morals from a set of religious texts.
I believe that a good set of morals, a kind heart and wise head have nothing whatsoever to do with religious beliefs.

From my own perspective, The Christian Bible is a collection of stories, handed down through many generations by word of mouth, before being collected and collated into a book, or rather MANY different versions of a book or books!
There have been so many revisions and changes and additions and deletions that it probably bears little resemblance to the original "Word Of God" that it proclaims to represent.

Quote:http://www.deism.com/bibleorigins.htm

The Bible was not handed to mankind by God, nor was it dictated to human stenographers by God. It has nothing to do with God. In actuality, the Bible was VOTED to be the word of God by a group of men during the 4th century....

Emperor Constantine, who was Roman Emperor from 306 CE until his death in 337 CE, used what motivates many to action - MONEY! He offered the various Church leaders money to agree upon a single canon that would be used by all Christians as the word of God. The Church leaders gathered together at the Council of Nicaea and voted the "word of God" into existence. (I wish to thank Brian Show for pointing out in his rebuttal to this article that the final version of the Christian Bible was not voted on at the Council of Nicaea, per se. The Church leaders didn't finish editing the "holy" scriptures until the Council of Trent when the Catholic Church pronounced the Canon closed. ...

One final point I'd like to offer is this...
It really bothers me that each religion thinks (and preaches) that it, (and only it) is right.
Each and every religion is different and largely incompatible. (If the lesser details are unimportant... then why even bother to have different religions??)
The biggest "single" religion is Christianity with about 32% of the worlds population... which means that 68% of the world is NOT Christian.
Islam has around 21% of the population, but 79% are NOT believers of Islam, and so on...
So, no matter which religion you believe in, you are in the minority, although the "majority" do believe in... "something"!

I find it somewhat arrogant and dismissive that so many religious believers steadfastly hold onto their own beliefs or "faiths" whilst rejecting the equally valid beliefs and faiths of the majority of others.
Even more so lately with the rise of religious extremist terrorism, where they justify outrageous acts of cruelty, rape, disfigurement and murder, in the name of their own religion.

As a non-believer (of sorts), I don't have any axe to grind. I don't care if you believe something different so long as you don't try and force that onto others. I don't denounce other beliefs as being wrong, but I will ask why they think that they are right and everyone else is wrong!

On the subject of the tomb of Jesus... I couldn't really care less.
Even if there was absolute proof that Jesus, Mary Magdaleine etc were buried in that tomb... all it shows to me is that a man called Jesus and his family were buried there.
But, no doubt it will cause much wailing and gnashing of teeth as the arguments from each side pile up on one another...

God help us!! LOL

minusculebeercheers
G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
@"gordi" said,

Quote:It really bothers me that each religion thinks (and preaches) that it, (and only it) is right.
Each and every religion is different and largely incompatible. (If the lesser details are unimportant... then why even bother to have different religions??)
The biggest "single" religion is Christianity with about 32% of the worlds population... which means that 68% of the world is NOT Christian.
Islam has around 21% of the population, but 79% are NOT believers of Islam, and so on...
So, no matter which religion you believe in, you are in the minority, although the "majority" do believe in... "something"!

Yes, I agree.  It always bothered me too that each religion claims to be the "only right one".

My personal opinion is, based on reincarnation, we each have certain lessons to learn in each lifetime. Each "religion" teaches something the other doesn't, so we might need to be born learning a certain religion for the lesson we need each lifetime.

I think each religion holds some truths, but not all.  If you combine all religions, you will have all the truths together in one 'book', but somehow in the past they got separated.

Consider life/religion as a tree with all kinds of branches reaching to the sky (toward God). Each branch represents a certain religion; a pathway to God. Although the paths (tree branches) are separate, they are all reaching for the same goal, and they all come from the same roots (Source, The Creator).

In the end, we all end up at the same place, if we are reaching for God (what some call ascension).

ETA: I would also like to add, there are many souls that came here and got stuck by creating bad karma in their previous life.
My own definition of the Christian term "being saved" means our karmic debt has been wiped clean by Jesus, which means we won't have to return to this earthly life again in our next incarnation, we have been set free to continue our ascension to the next level, and becoming one step closer to the reunion with our Creator.