Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trouble Grows Up
I want to share this little incident, with the hopes that it will make you smile. I have been smiling ever since it happened nearly a week ago.

I will make it short and sweet.

I started serving at our local church a little over eight year ago. I am one of those people that if I see something needs to be done, I just do it.

I used to drop my mother off at church on my way to work. This particular Sunday I did not have to work, so I went to church with her. She introduced me to her friends, and when she took me to the kitchen, I could tell the ladies were stressed.

When I asked them what was wrong they told me the person that normally makes the coffee, and the drinks, was sick, was not coming that morning, and they were running behind. I asked them where was the coffee makers, they showed me where they were. Mother said, "You know, I know how to make the coffee". I said fine. Talk me through it while you make the tea and lemonade. That was the beginning.

It went from us working in the kitchen serving drinks and snacks on Sunday, to us serving the children and adults on Wednesday night fellowship meetings. Both on Sundays and on Wednesdays, we had this little eight year old boy that was a holy terror. I can't tell you how many times I had to call this little boy out, and make him behave. It was so regular that the moment we saw him, the warning alarm went out, "Here comes Trouble".

Trouble was the bane in all our sides, until one day he wasn't. It was interesting, because it was like we all came to the same consensus, at the same time. We realized that we looked forward to seeing Trouble coming. We started greeting Trouble happily. We loved on Trouble and we spoiled Trouble. We watched Trouble get older, but nothing changed, Trouble was Trouble.

A few things changed this year. Trouble was taller. He looked a little more mature, but the biggie was that Trouble, did not come and try to sneak extra snacks. In fact, trouble did not want any snacks. He just came by to let us see that he was there, before he went off with the teens, that are in a completely different area, and they had their own snack station.

His Mother started to notice that Trouble's first and last stop was always with hospitality ladies. A few weeks ago we finally got the opportunity to meet Trouble's mother. All this time we did not know who she was, but she knew who all of us were. She commented about how Trouble always makes it a priority to come to by and see the coffee lady and the snack ladies. We told her that we look forward to seeing Trouble, That we have watched him grow up. She laughed. She asked, "Trouble, is that what you guys call him?" We told her we have been calling him Trouble since he was a little boy. She said, "You could not have chosen a better nick name for him".

Last Wednesday, Trouble came by the snack station just as he always does, but now he does not come for the snacks. He comes by just to give us old ladies, a big hug and a kiss.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

LOL. Your cute story did make me laugh & smile... tinybiggrin because it reminded me of my daughter. Her nickname was "No Fear" during her tween/teen years. Even had a blog site domain named "No Fear" of family photo's. Never a dull moment, always the main attraction in any gathering event. She finally grew up showing a night & day difference and now works at a mega huge hospital in the trauma center.
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

(05-26-2022, 09:26 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: LOL. Your cute story did make me laugh & smile... tinybiggrin because it reminded me of my daughter. Her nickname was "No Fear" during her tween/teen years. Even had a blog site domain named "No Fear" of family photo's. Never a dull moment, always the main attraction in any gathering event. She finally grew up showing a night & day difference and now works at a mega huge hospital in the trauma center.

Time goes by too fast. I have watched four of the children go from teens to young adults and now they are married. Two were married last year and two this year. These are children I see more often than my own family. During the summer for one week I see them daily. The rest of the year, I see them at least twice a week. So, I guess they really are family.

It is amazing to me, how fast time seems to be progressing. I know they say time flies when you are having fun. I would not call what is going on right now fun, so I guess they are right when they say that time speeds up as you get older.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Awesome post, thanks for sharing your story. That is pretty darn cool. And I agree that as we get older, time starts going really fast.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
(05-27-2022, 12:20 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(05-26-2022, 09:26 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: LOL. Your cute story did make me laugh & smile... tinybiggrin because it reminded me of my daughter. Her nickname was "No Fear" during her tween/teen years. Even had a blog site domain named "No Fear" of family photo's. Never a dull moment, always the main attraction in any gathering event. She finally grew up showing a night & day difference and now works at a mega huge hospital in the trauma center.

Time goes by too fast. I have watched four of the children go from teens to young adults and now they are married. Two were married last year and two this year. These are children I see more often than my own family. During the summer for one week I see them daily. The rest of the year, I see them at least twice a week. So, I guess they really are family.

It is amazing to me, how fast time seems to be progressing. I know they say time flies when you are having fun. I would not call what is going on right now fun, so I guess they are right when they say that time speeds up as you get older.

Yes, indeed. I have days and even weeks where I feel I flew through a time tunnel of sorts. Been trying to figure out how to slow time down, but no such luck.
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.