Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Looking to buy a firearm
Well, Chief, what did you end up buying?
I bought my first carry gun about 10 years ago.  My father is an NRA instructor and my son shoots competitively all over the US.   So I've purchased several for myself and also been fortunate to have had many to use and test.  What I've eventually settled on is the Glock 43x.  It's small and light enough to be a good women's carry gun, but big enough to enjoy shooting and practicing with as well.  

I stuck to a Kel-Tec .380 for awhile because it's just so small and easy to hide (even in workout clothes or yoga pants) but it's not an enjoyable gun to shoot and I wanted to move up to a 9mm.  I then moved to a CZ Compact because I loved the aesthetics with some fancy wood grips and steel.  Although that gun was amazing, it was heavy and I found the grip and length to trigger too big for my hands and I just wasn't as accurate with it as I was with the Glock.  I just always seem to reach for the Glock.  Sometimes it takes using several over time to find what works for you.  

I believe you should be eligible for the Glock Blue Label Program.  

If you take it to someone with a fiber laser they can custom engrave any symbol you want on your slide. You can also have the gun Cerakoted to the color you want. A GOOD gun shop will be able to help you find places to do these things.

If I remember right Glock now makes a 43x Rail.  My son carries one with a both a light and a red dot mounted.

I'm also using an upgraded 15 round magazine.

My favorite concealed carry purse is the Gun Tote'n Mamas Distressed X-Body RFID.  I'm not a girly girl and this purse is very nice distressed brown leather, very nice good quality leather but not blingy.  The gun area is easily accessible and the top part is held closed by two magnets so you can just slip your hand down in there very quickly.  I've found crossbody bags with this design the easiest to quickly access your gun.  You don't want to be unzipping zippers and you want it to be in the same spot on your body when you reach for it just like a holster.  
Link to purse.

When carrying on my person I use a Desantis Slim-Tuk kydex holster.  Love it.  

If you have small hands the M&P Shield is another gun you might test.

Hickok45 on YouTube is a good resource for actually seeing different guns and hearing about them.

Most importantly, sign up for a good class that will drill in the basics for you and then practice regularly.
(05-29-2022, 04:45 AM)MisterSpock Wrote: Well, Chief, what did you end up buying?

I'm still in the process of looking at this point. With the way my bills, groceries, and gas have gone up, I really can't afford anything else right now. So it's on hold for the time being.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
For what its worth i REALLY like my FNX-45 tactical, and it comes in the color youre wanting, handles great but MIGHT be a bit bigger than youre looking for, they have some other great options though, I really like this gun maker....For something a bit more compact I would point you to the Springfield XD-S  now keep in mind these are larger caliber, but I prefer something with a bit more knockdown power myself, the XD-S is also a great piece, its what my Fiance carries

[Image: p_100402286_1.jpg]

This is the springfield:
[Image: 5165490923-springfield-armory-xds-mod2-g...bigu_3.jpg]

Good luck on getting something you like and most importantly, have fun while youre doing it!